Princess Cancelled my booking

Jacqueline

It doesnt matter if the TA had your cc # from your last cruise. She cant charge anything without your authorization. If you did not give her the cc# within 48 hours the booking is automatically canceled by Princess. It may not be TA's or Princess' fault but your own. :eek:

It doesnt matter if the TA had your cc # from your last cruise. She cant charge anything without your authorization. If you did not give her the cc# within 48 hours the booking is automatically canceled by Princess. It may not be TA's or Princess' fault but your own. :eek:

I agree. The TA usually needs a written authorization.

I am in a beach community in NJ and I have never been steered wrong by my TA. I always wonder when people complain about their TA'S if maybe they

are the ones to blame. A travel agent can only work with the information they have. Something doesn't sound right. I never check up on my agent to see if she did her job correctly. I KNOW she did and thats why I use her. I have been with the same agency for 15yrs, small family owned, not a chain, and have always had great rates, great service and most of all, great knowledge. It sounds like your Travel Agent is still in training. Get an experienced one and you will have no complaints! Besides, the cruise lines dont like dealing with the general public. Most of the time, they dont know what to ask for.

Crown Princess June 8th...cant wait

I am in a beach community in NJ and I have never been steered wrong by my TA. I always wonder when people complain about their TA'S if maybe they

are the ones to blame. A travel agent can only work with the information they have. Something doesn't sound right. I never check up on my agent to see if she did her job correctly. I KNOW she did and thats why I use her. I have been with the same agency for 15yrs, small family owned, not a chain, and have always had great rates, great service and most of all, great knowledge. It sounds like your Travel Agent is still in training. Get an experienced one and you will have no complaints! Besides, the cruise lines dont like dealing with the general public. Most of the time, they dont know what to ask for.

Crown Princess June 8th...cant wait

Like anything else in this world although there are good ones, surprising as it may be there are plenty of bad TA's to go around as well. :(

Looking for some expertise from the seasoned CCers...

Where on the Princess site (Cruise Personalizer) can I tell I'm all paid in full? Meaning, when I log onto the personalizer, what link will tell me we're paid? Is it the STATUS field that says CONFIRMED under the Booking Summary linK?

I ask because the final payment authorization I gave for the TA should have been approx $3000 and there is only a $2200 charge on Amex...

Thanks!

I did email that the payment should be made- I just did the same thing in March with the same TA. I have never ever faxed any TA anything to book any of over a dozen sailings. Its a credit card number over the telephone.

I have done this before Note that I have been on CC since 2000. I lost about 2000 posts when the system changed over a few years back.

The TA assured me when I called her that I as indeed PAID IN FULL one week prior to the due date.

I did email that the payment should be made- I just did the same thing in March with the same TA. I have never ever faxed any TA anything to book any of over a dozen sailings. Its a credit card number over the telephone.

I have done this before Note that I have been on CC since 2000. I lost about 2000 posts when the system changed over a few years back.

The TA assured me when I called her that I as indeed PAID IN FULL one week prior to the due date.

when you booked this cruise and paid it off did you receive any confirmations from the TA?

Bill

Called princess. TA did not put the deposit down, as they had both the final payment and deposit posted for the same day. SHe obviously forgot and then lied about it.

Ok- I will move my booking. What do I need to do ?

Whoever would like can email me for more information or advice.

Unless you have a direct booking with Princess, you can't see your balance on the Cruise Personalizer. If you can still log in to your booking, you are okay. Maybe you got a nice price reduction. :)

Thanks....this is the first time we used a TA.

Yes, I can still log into princess.com with my booking ID.

I wonder if the $2200 Amex charge is the result of the TA deducting their commission?

Called princess. TA did not put the deposit down, as they had both the final payment and deposit posted for the same day. SHe obviously forgot and then lied about it.

Thanks for the update. That was the only scenario that made any sense. Colo cruiser was correct. The TA dropped the ball.

If you are paid in full at this point I don't think you can transfer the booking now. Hopefully a TA will post with the info.

Bill

I'm so sorry to hear this as TA, I can tell you, you pay the same price if you had not gone with a TA, but what a TA should do for you is get the best cabin for you that is avaiable , take care of all your pre- register, and send all travel doc's to you and give you the warm fuzzy feeling that you desire, and make sure that you had the best vacation that you could have.. some TA don't understand that. Some people get a vacation once in a liftime and that they should make sure that it is best vacation because who knows when the next one will be, of each and anyone of them is special they go on so many I think some times they forget that some people have never ever cruised, Sorry for venting but I hear this so much from people that would just go to the beach then to deal with a TA , and they are missing out on so much

I stated this once earlier on another board, I have been using a TA here locally for the past 8 years for 3 Cruises, her offices knows us, and I don't worry about it. Granted I had a differant lady I was a bit unsure of, but everything worked out fine. It comes down to what has worked the best for you. Unless something changes i will always use my local TA.

If the sailing is still open as far as cabin availability, cancel with your current TA and I would just rebook directly with Princess or another TA if you have a reliable one that you know of. :)

I would do this quickly before you are within the final payment deadline.

I would just leave the booking where it is. It would be a hassle to move it.

Everyone makes mistakes. I would have preferred/understood if the agent told you upfront when you noticed that the cruise was cancelled that a mistake was made, that she was sorry and that she was correcting the problem ASAP. Instead, she left you wondering what went wrong and thinking that Princess made the error. This would be the part that would make me angry and untrusting of the agent. If she admitting the problem up front - I would have understood.

Good luck on your cruise and glad it all worked out in the long run.

I can move it even at this point. Its not really a hassle as I know that the details will be handled correctly- the kids immigration information has to go to Princess outside of the online system (the personalizer). I would feel better having a person I trust ensure that it is done correctly.

Yes, everybody makes mistakes but at this point there have been several made on this booking alone.

Recap- first ,the names were wrong on the booking. Then the booking numbers were wrong. Then the booking was cancelled... And then somehow it was Princesses mistake...

We have will have sailed twice between March and August this year alone. In the past, I preferred this agency for Princess, due to some minor pricing/amenity benefits, but that is outwayed by the negatives.

Thanks to you all !

I can move it even at this point. Its not really a hassle as I know that the details will be handled correctly- the kids immigration information has to go to Princess outside of the online system (the personalizer). I would feel better having a person I trust ensure that it is done correctly.

Yes, everybody makes mistakes but at this point there have been several made on this booking alone.

Recap- first ,the names were wrong on the booking. Then the booking numbers were wrong. Then the booking was cancelled... And then somehow it was Princesses mistake...

We have will have sailed twice between March and August this year alone. In the past, I preferred this agency for Princess, due to some minor pricing/amenity benefits, but that is outwayed by the negatives.

Thanks to you all !

I would just transfer it back to Princess or cancel it and rebook with Princess.

If you fax a letter to Princess recinding the your TA's hold on your booking that should do it. If not cancel it and rebook. :)

Good luck, it will work out.

We had the same problem with T/A. When I went on line to look at tours and found we had been cancelled for non pymt when I had receipt from travel agent. They rebooked us after several days of wrangling. She tried to blame cruiseline. We got same category but the cabin was not as good a location. They called back later and tried to get us to change our cruise dates for a full refund and future partial credit. But we had already booked air, hotels and other things.

When we got to ship in Anc, we found out we had been given our original cabin. So the other people who had booked it due to our TA error, took the rebooking I assume. So check your documents and on line with cruise company and keep checking.

Thanks, for sharing all of this info. I am going to be on top of my TA, especially since I have 20 people traveling with me. I cannot affort any bo-boos. Good information. Never had this to happen. We are on the Feb. 2nd '08 sailing from Sydney to Auckland

PinkSuit

Thanks, for sharing all of this info. I am going to be on top of my TA, especially since I have 20 people traveling with me. I cannot affort any bo-boos. Good information. Never had this to happen. We are on the Feb. 2nd '08 sailing from Sydney to Auckland

PinkSuit

Good idea, I would hate to have to explain that to 20 people. :)

I am sorry to hear you had such a hard time...being a travel agent...I can tell you that the only way this could have happened is if your travel agent did not get your payment to the cruise line on time.

It really bothers me to hear that there are TA's out there that operate in this manner...A few bad apples give the rest of us a bad name! :mad:

Please note, if your travel agent is doing their job...you should feel like they are the BEST~ It is their job to be of service to you...

I have to share a story with you. I have client that is a "Sales Manager" for a major hotel in downtown Seattle. She travels for business and leisure at least once a month...all I am responsible for all her arrangements... Her and her family had booked a Caribbean Cruise last fall and we booked a Balcony GTY...they wanted to see if they could get a complitmentary upgrade. She called me one morning in September in a panic....Gina, Gina...can a cruise line just cancel our booking if we book a GTY? I said NO. She mentioned she had passengers in her hotel that had flown in from the east coast and were supposed to be boarding a cruise for Alaska that day. They had no documents or anything. When they went to board the ship, they found out their reservations had been canceled. They called their TA and she told them that because they had booked a GTY, the cruise line cancelled that reservation...Hence the panick in my client...That was a LIE!! Cruise lines will not do this. They will only cancel if final payment is not made!!! The cruise line was able to get them on a north bound cruise from Vancouver...not round trip Seattle as prior booked...and they were able to still see Alaska. Yet, this caused much confusion and inconvenience. They had to shuttle to the Vancouver pier and make changes to their airline arrangements. I am not sure what happened between them and the TA when they got home...but the TA was clearly in the wrong! I was aghast!!

Hope you have many happy sailings and vacations to come!

Warmest Regards,

I am sorry to hear you had such a hard time...being a travel agent...I can tell you that the only way this could have happened is if your travel agent did not get your payment to the cruise line on time.

It really bothers me to hear that there are TA's out there that operate in this manner...A few bad apples give the rest of us a bad name! :mad:

Please note, if your travel agent is doing their job...you should feel like they are the BEST~ It is their job to be of service to you...

I have to share a story with you. I have client that is a "Sales Manager" for a major hotel in downtown Seattle. She travels for business and leisure at least once a month...all I am responsible for all her arrangements... Her and her family had booked a Caribbean Cruise last fall and we booked a Balcony GTY...they wanted to see if they could get a complitmentary upgrade. She called me one morning in September in a panic....Gina, Gina...can a cruise line just cancel our booking if we book a GTY? I said NO. She mentioned she had passengers in her hotel that had flown in from the east coast and were supposed to be boarding a cruise for Alaska that day. They had no documents or anything. When they went to board the ship, they found out their reservations had been canceled. They called their TA and she told them that because they had booked a GTY, the cruise line cancelled that reservation...Hence the panick in my client...That was a LIE!! Cruise lines will not do this. They will only cancel if final payment is not made!!! The cruise line was able to get them on a north bound cruise from Vancouver...not round trip Seattle as prior booked...and they were able to still see Alaska. Yet, this caused much confusion and inconvenience. They had to shuttle to the Vancouver pier and make changes to their airline arrangements. I am not sure what happened between them and the TA when they got home...but the TA was clearly in the wrong! I was aghast!!

Hope you have many happy sailings and vacations to come!

Warmest Regards,

I'm not going back to read this whole thread but I thought that the cruise was cancelled because the deposit was not made within 48 hours of the booking.:confused:

Final payment on this particular cruise isn't due until this coming Tuesday I believe.

Bill

I'm not going back to read this whole thread but I thought that the cruise was cancelled because the deposit was not made within 48 hours of the booking.:confused:

Final payment on this particular cruise isn't due until this coming Tuesday I believe.

Bill

I am sorry....I was referencing a different post. Next time I will quote the post I am making reference to...here is the one I was talking about....

"I paid in full PRIOR to final payment (by a week). My daughter went in to fill in some additional hinfo and got the message that the booking number was cancelled.

Low and behold, they resold our cabins. Now we have our booking numbers back but 2 different cabins (same basic type and location).

Has anyone had this happen before ?"

Have a great day! :D

Hi Gina,

You sound like our TA! Oh, the blessings of finding a good TA :) ! When we book and put down the deposit (paid to the cruise line) I get a receipt immediately, along with our booking number. Our TA prints out everything we might need, even though we could do it ourselves. She has our credit card on file and calls us a couple of days before final payment to be sure we want to use the same card.

If you book with a TA (or Princess) and want to transfer your booking, be sure to transfer it before you cancel with either one, or you may lose your booking :eek: .

I wonder if the $2200 Amex charge is the result of the TA deducting their commission?

Probably not. We (the customers) should really never see anything about the commission. That's between the TA and the cruise line. If you're shown as confirmed on the Princess site everything should be okay.

Archived