Invitations for Inaugural Cruises

I've hesitated to post on this thread, but I must tell cruisePRN that I know exactly what she's feeling. We were lead to believe that as D+ we would be invited on Liberty's pre-inaugural. No invitation was forthcoming.

My life will go on. I will not die because of this. I must admit that I am/was very disappointed with RCCL. I was made to feel that my loyalty meant nothing to them. When I called to ask a question about the pre-inaugural, I was given lies and excuses. It was only when I told the CSR that I knew what she was telling me was not true that she admitted that she indeed had been misleading.

Yes, I enjoy the perks on RCCL. I have turned many friends into RCCL addicts. No, I don't feel as loyal as I did. We have two big cruises booked on RCCL and one on Azamara. I will not be cancelling them, but from now on, I will choose my cruises by itinerary as the first criteria rather than the cruise line.

CruisePRN, if you want to email me privately, my addy is my CC name at aol dot com.

Yes, you got it. I'm not bitter or upset with people who got to go on the inaugural but I'm disappointed with RCL. I called customer service as well and was given the run around. I also was emailing with the marketing dept. because i wanted to know for sure if I'd be high enough on the list of D+ so I could buy air fare and join our friends who were invited as D+.

I've hesitated to post on this thread, but I must tell cruisePRN that I know exactly what she's feeling. We were lead to believe that as D+ we would be invited on Liberty's pre-inaugural. No invitation was forthcoming.

My life will go on. I will not die because of this. I must admit that I am/was very disappointed with RCCL. I was made to feel that my loyalty meant nothing to them. When I called to ask a question about the pre-inaugural, I was given lies and excuses. It was only when I told the CSR that I knew what she was telling me was not true that she admitted that she indeed had been misleading.

Yes, I enjoy the perks on RCCL. I have turned many friends into RCCL addicts. No, I don't feel as loyal as I did. We have two big cruises booked on RCCL and one on Azamara. I will not be cancelling them, but from now on, I will choose my cruises by itinerary as the first criteria rather than the cruise line.

CruisePRN, if you want to email me privately, my addy is my CC name at aol dot com.

Yes, you got it. I'm not bitter or upset with people who got to go on the inaugural but I'm disappointed with RCL. I called customer service as well and was given the run around. I also was emailing with the marketing dept. because i wanted to know for sure if I'd be high enough on the list of D+ so I could buy air fare and join our friends who were invited as D+.

May I ask in all honesty what made you belive all D+ would be invited?

Who lead us to believe that D+ would be invitied? For me it was the

Loyalty Ambassador on the Enchantment of the Seas. We were booing

our upcoming 12 night E. Med and she knew our current credit level.

She said it would be too soon for us to be invited on the Liberty but

said we should get invited to the next inaugural. She's the one who

initiated that part on the conversation.

Now, am I all bent out of shape over it? No. It would be a nice perk

to have but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Who lead us to believe that D+ would be invitied? For me it was the Loyalty Ambassador on the Enchantment of the Seas. We were booing our upcoming 12 night E. Med and she knew our current credit level. She said it would be too soon for us to be invited on the Liberty but said we should get invited to the next inaugural. She's the one who initiated that part on the conversation.

Now, am I all bent out of shape over it? No. It would be a nice perk to have but I'm not going to hold my breath.

That's interesting. So it appears the Loyalty Ambassador may have been speaking out of turn, perhaps from ignorance, perhaps from a desire to make sure you booked the cruise then and there. Does anyone know if the Loyalty Ambassadors get a commission for each cruise that's booked through them? (Or am I being too materialistic and cynical here?)

Yes, it would have been a nice perk for those who have so many cruise credits (certainly not us--only about half of our cruises have been on RCCL). But it's not a promised perk--at least not in writing--as far as I can tell from the RCCL web site. Disappointment? Maybe--but it's like being disappointed because you expected a present from some one and didn't get it. Obviously, the LA should not have led you to believe you'd get an invitation, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for those who believe they're entitled to gifts, and feel compelled to complain publicly when they didn't get any. You're obviously not caught up in this, so I congratulate you on your mature behavior.

That said, perhaps it would be wise to suggest to RCCL that they make sure their LAs don't promise what may not be deliverable.

Archived