Invitations for Inaugural Cruises

Quick question for everyone and it may have already been addressed but never saw the answer, lol.

How does one get an invitation for the Inaugural Cruises with RCI? I see lots of CC'ers post about their experiences but never heard how they obtain their invitations. Thanks!

Hello

I had asked that same question a while back to a group invited to a pre-inaugural event in Southhampton. They said they got invites because they are Diamond Plus members. It appears from a lot of posts that pre-inaugural events held here in US, there were quite a few travel agents, AAA people, along with Diamond Plus members. It looks like you are on your way up there! Hope this helps!

Quick question for everyone and it may have already been addressed but never saw the answer, lol.

How does one get an invitation for the Inaugural Cruises with RCI? I see lots of CC'ers post about their experiences but never heard how they obtain their invitations. Thanks!

Anne:

We were chosen from posting on CC it was a marketing research from RCI and CC for those that post favorably and are helpful to others (that is how it was explained to me). With that said, we have just attained diamond status with RCI but that had nothing to do with our invite.

There were lots of TA's on board our pre-inaugural...

Being invited was an experience that we will not soon forget, we met cruise critic posters that will become lifelong friends and we are already cruising with several on the Liberty November 8, 2008:D ...Meeting Adam Goldstein and Richard Fain was a highlight of the cruise...Later, Jill:cool:

Anne:

We were chosen from posting on CC it was a marketing research from RCI and CC for those that post favorably and are helpful to others (that is how it was explained to me). With that said, we have just attained diamond status with RCI but that had nothing to do with our invite.

There were lots of TA's on board our pre-inaugural...

Being invited was an experience that we will not soon forget, we met cruise critic posters that will become lifelong friends and we are already cruising with several on the Liberty November 8, 2008:D ...Meeting Adam Goldstein and Richard Fain was a highlight of the cruise...Later, Jill:cool:

Like Jill said..my invitation to the Liberty pre inaugural was received just like Jill's was...it was an honour and a pleasure and one I will not soon forget.

Again thanks RCI & CC

To those that have been invited: how much advance warning

did you get? I understand that you are resonsible for your own

airfare and I was wondering if they give you enough time to get

your act together or if it is a last minute king of thing.

I just turned diamond plus on my last cruise so I'm hoping for an

invitation for the next new ship.

I too had the honors of being invited through Cruise Critic.....it was very special...I truly felt RCI showed their appreciation.

I can't remember exactly how much time I was given but it was adequate. I was also given a choice of 2 sailing dates.

I too had the honors of being invited through Cruise Critic.....it was very special...I truly felt RCI showed their appreciation.

I can't remember exactly how much time I was given but it was adequate. I was also given a choice of 2 sailing dates.

I received my call on March 28th from one of the Loyal Ambassadors. I believe that all of those invited through CC starting receiving calls on this day or later.

I received my call on March 28th from one of the Loyal Ambassadors. I believe that all of those invited through CC starting receiving calls on this day or later.

Wait...I missed something. CC can invite you too????

WOW! Hey CC...WOOHOOOO I'm here!!!!! {jumping up and down waving my arms} :D ;)

Wait...I missed something. CC can invite you too????

WOW! Hey CC...WOOHOOOO I'm here!!!!! {jumping up and down waving my arms} :D ;)

The invite did not come from Cruise Critic. It came from RCI through CC. Laura Sterling contacted each one of us through CC. Laura was the messenger.

The invite did not come from Cruise Critic. It came from RCI through CC. Laura Sterling contacted each one of us through CC. Laura was the messenger.

Ohhh I gotcha. You still suck. ;) (You know I am just kidding cause I am green with envy)

To those that have been invited: how much advance warning

did you get? I understand that you are resonsible for your own

airfare and I was wondering if they give you enough time to get

your act together or if it is a last minute king of thing.

I just turned diamond plus on my last cruise so I'm hoping for an

invitation for the next new ship.

The invite from CC came first as an email to send Laura your personal information, then the call came from Robert on March 28...We received our invitations by snail mail, so there was plenty of time to make arrangements if need be. We live in Florida, so no airfare for us and RCI even picked up the parking tab in Miami:D ...We did not have a choice of dates, but wanted the May 14 sailing anyway;) Thanks again RCI & CC for a wonderful time that we will not soon forget...Later, Jill:cool:

The magic number of cruises to be invited through Diamond Plus is 35 cruises or more-- so keep on cruising!!

Really? You learn something new everyday:) How do you know this?

It gives me something to shoot for. I should be at 34 credits by next

September. But, I remember the Loyalty Ambassador talking to us about

this as a perk for inaugeral ships for diamond plus. She told us

it was too soon for us to be invited to the Liberty but we should be

invited on the Genesis. (That's the next one, right?) If 35 is the

number then I'll be sure to get there.

The magic number of cruises to be invited through Diamond Plus is 35 cruises or more-- so keep on cruising!!

I wonder if they invited everyone? My parents & brother have over 40+ but no invitation. :(

Can you help us understand where your info comes from? I'll be the first to admit I am skeptical that 35 is "the magic number."

Guess it's going to be awhile before I ever get invited...only on #7 ...oh well it's great to hear about everyone excitement of getting invited and all and a experience they never forget.....congratulations to all that do get that special invitation.:)

Really? You learn something new everyday:) How do you know this?

It gives me something to shoot for. I should be at 34 credits by next

September. But, I remember the Loyalty Ambassador talking to us about

this as a perk for inaugeral ships for diamond plus. She told us

it was too soon for us to be invited to the Liberty but we should be

invited on the Genesis. (That's the next one, right?) If 35 is the

number then I'll be sure to get there.

I wonder if they invited everyone? My parents & brother have over 40+ but no invitation. :(

Can you help us understand where your info comes from? I'll be the first to admit I am skeptical that 35 is "the magic number."

from my understanding, 35 is D+, HOWEVER, I know for a fact that not every D+ person got an invite. Even some on this site who give wonderful, helpful info, did not get invited. And, not all that were invited were D+. It would be interesting to know how CC determined who they recommended to RCCL. I am happy for those who were able to go. I doubt that we will ever even go on a Freedom class, but I am not saying NEVER. We really like Vision class size, but you never know.

Archived