Footwear in Dominica???

mueller74us

If you are going to hike to Trafalgar Falls, you need footwear that will let you walk on VERY steep, slippery rocks securely. Different shoes are best for different people, but make sure you have some traction.

Call me stupid, but what are Tevas??

They are very hardy hiking/river crossing/sailing sandals. Adjustable 2-3 ways, depending on which style you buy. They're perfect because you can get them wet but they are meant for climbing on wet rocks, etc. so they're very safe. They also provide really good foot support. I also really like Ecco sandals that are the same but with a little more arch support. Also, pretty cute too. I always take them with me on my trips. They work great for gardening, etc. too.

• 1 month later...
I just got Crocs (maryjane style) hoping they are good for hiking i dominica , we are going on the tour with Levi. any advise on the crocs?

I wore Crocs on our recent visit to Dominica, including hiking on wet rocks, etc. They worked great. To be honest I was surprised at how easy it was to walk in them on the different types of terrain.

We took a private tour with Levi and greatly enjoyed it.

MexicoBob

Tevas or teva-type sport sandals for sure!!! I bought us each a pair the first time we went to Ochoi Rios and planned on climbing the falls! They're PERFECT!! We also wear them to go tubing down the Delaware! They are great for slippery & rocky terrain. The regular common-type of swim-type shoes that have the fabric do not have traction, we've seen people go down wearing them on slippery inclines! Go for the sport shoes you wont regret it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to tell you about the shoes we used in Hawaii for rocky, slippery terrain. They are called Keens, similar to a tennis shoe/sneaker except they are breathable, waterproof and come in many styles.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/flash_required.aspx

They are sold all over Sports Authority, Dick's, zappos.com. They are comfy and adjustable. We will be wearing them in port here for sure.

Laura

They are great aren't they!?!?:D

Wear them every day to the dog park where there's a huge lake that the dogs love. When I rinse off the dog with the hose as we're leaving, I rinse off my Keens also.

They're light as a feather with great ball of the foot support. I think my favs are the Bali slip ons. I wore them to every beach on our last cruise.

Happy Keens - lol! ;)

Archived