Conquest-Riviera or Main????

JJMM

Needs some expert advise please. If I am trying to save money, should I stay in the Riviera deck on the Conquest or should I pay more ($21 pp) and stay on the Main Deck? :confused:

My concern for the Main deck is having the restaurants and galley on the deck above. Many thanks!

Needs some expert advise please. If I am trying to save money, should I stay in the Riviera deck on the Conquest or should I pay more ($21 pp) and stay on the Main Deck? :confused:

My concern for the Main deck is having the restaurants and galley on the deck above. Many thanks!

the only difference in the cabin is the deck its on. Both cabins on either deck will be exactly the same. Being under the dining room is not a problem. Its carpeted. The galley would be a different thing all together.

We had booked 2473 in the rear for the huge cabin. But someone came back and told me about the vibrations and shuddering--enough that i changed my mind.

stay on the riveria deck midship

you didnt say when you are sailing== or if its an oceanview or inside.

1As on the aft 2462/2465 features 2 huge windows.

all conquest class except the glory featur two beds on the floor.

best cabin with the cheapest rate.

2752283290062547426mvydeS_th.jpg

6B 2473

2217552200062547426TtSwzz_th.jpg

the other side of the cabin

2961840980062547426wkHmPz_th.jpg

Hi Serene56! Thanks again for your wonderful advise. We will sail on the Conquest on 12/2/07 and have selected inside cabin 1334 on Riviera. My sister has selected inside cabin 2269 on Main. Do you think these are good choices?

I will have to call and check out the prices for 2462/2465. Have you stayed in these before? Is being aft okay on Main?Thanks for the pics!

Can't believe you gave up that huge cabin with the windows! I am thinking about one of those on the Splendour, but i am afraid of what the empty white space is below it. Do you have any idea?

i gave it up because one person came back last week and said the vibration/shuddering was terrible. With as many people that had that cabin i find it funny i listened to the one review that was not good.

But sailing in august/hurrican season- i dont want to take a chance of hitting rough waters.

under that area is where you get the prop noise.

sometimes you will read about the aft dining room getting vibrations-- thats where it comes from.

For some reason I have had the aft 7 out of 10 times and did not feel a lot of vibrations-- maybe going in and out of a port but that was it.

this review stated since they hit rough waters they needed to ride a little faster-- which causes that vibration.

you didnt say when you are sailing== or if its an oceanview or inside.

1As on the aft 2462/2465 features 2 huge windows.

all conquest class except the glory featur two beds on the floor.

best cabin with the cheapest rate.

2752283290062547426mvydeS_th.jpg

6B 2473

2217552200062547426TtSwzz_th.jpg

the other side of the cabin

2961840980062547426wkHmPz_th.jpg

Hi Serene,

I was able to get Aft 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest departing on 1/13/08. Carnival told me that these room feature bunkbeds and I wanted to make sure that I have chosen the right rooms. I read your reply above again and just wanted to double make sure since I can't believe what a good deal these rooms are! Thanks a bunch!! :p

how sad are those agents---tee hee hee. better for us-

coz if you look at the new splendor deck plans they took away those 1As and made them 6Bs.

good for you.

• 2 months later...

2462 and 2465 have 2 lower beds that convert to a king size bed ONLY on the Valor, Liberty, and Freedom. The first two Conquest class ships (Conquest and Glory) have upper and lower beds. Your TA/PVP was right.

2462 and 2465 have 2 lower beds that convert to a king size bed ONLY on the Valor, Liberty, and Freedom. The first two Conquest class ships (Conquest and Glory) have upper and lower beds. Your TA/PVP was right.

There are photos all over the Carnival board that show the two lower beds on the Conquest. Up til last week the only ship that had a upper and lower bed was the Glory.

Could you tell me when you saw the two beds on the Conquest?

I am curious if they are changing the bed types in certain cabins.

I recently sailed on the Conquest and we were on the Main deck in 2403. We definitely heard a lot of noise from the deck above, either from the galley or from the open deck outside, especially early in the morning on port days. So stay away from Main deck aft rooms if you are a light sleeper. We loved our room otherwise but the noise woke me up several times (my husband only heard it a few times since he's not a light sleeper). I'd stay on the Riviera deck next time.

Have you been on the Conquest in the last two years? I believe they USED to have an upper bed and it seems to have been converted to two twin beds, but the upper is still there. Iv seen pictures of the cabin from irishgirl and others with the cabin # on the pictures....Id rather believe someone I know says they actually stayed in the cabin in the last few years.

I have both cabins booked for 9/7/08 for 3 of us. We had to give them up for this fall to do a RCI cruise, hard choice....but Im definetely booked in them next year. Our PVP also did measurements to make sure our friend can get a walker down the Hall of the L shape.

Ill be up and around by the time they are serving breakfast in the dining room and the stablizers only are run about 20 minutes pulling into and out of ports. The staircase Im told is for cruisemembers and rarely used behind the cabin. I too have done a lot of looking into these cabins before booking.

Have you been on the Conquest in the last two years? I believe they USED to have an upper bed and it seems to have been converted to two twin beds, but the upper is still there. Iv seen pictures of the cabin from irishgirl and others with the cabin # on the pictures....Id rather believe someone I know says they actually stayed in the cabin in the last few years.

I have both cabins booked for 9/7/08 for 3 of us. We had to give them up for this fall to do a RCI cruise, hard choice....but Im definetely booked in them next year. Our PVP also did measurements to make sure our friend can get a walker down the Hall of the L shape.

Ill be up and around by the time they are serving breakfast in the dining room and the stablizers only are run about 20 minutes pulling into and out of ports. The staircase Im told is for cruisemembers and rarely used behind the cabin. I too have done a lot of looking into these cabins before booking.

I have not been on the Conquest personally, but I had the same question after sailing on the Carnival Liberty. I verified the information not with one, but two supervisors at Carnival, and both told me that their computers do show an upper/lower configuration for all Conquest class ships, BUT contrary to the Freedom, Liberty and Valor, these cabins were not re-configured to two lower beds.

The pictures that I have seen online have been for the Liberty as well as the Valor, both which do have the two lower beds. However, I have never seen pictures of 2462 and 2465 for the Conquest.

Firefly, I was sure hoping you were going this year to be able to confirm one way or another. :( Do have a great time on your RCI-how exciting!

My sis and I have both of these cabins booked on 1/13/08. I will definately take pics and let you all know. I really hope I come back with good new! I already hold my hubby that I call dibs on the lower buck (just in case). :D

We cruised the Conquest 9/06. My DH, D-I-L and her twin sister all stayed in rm 2333 (Rivera deck). It has twin beds that were pushed together and 2 twins that come out of the ceiling. Definately have upper and lower in some of the rooms.

Hope this helps

• 4 months later...

:) Serene, I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you for making me aware of rooms 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest. True to your word, they had two beds that could be pushed together to make one bed and were bigger than the other rooms right next to them, plus had two picture window, not one!! We had a wonderful time and actually enjoyed spending time in our rooms and feeling there was actually space to move around in. Many thanks! :D

I took pics of both rooms and will post once I get them downloaded and figure out how to actually post. :)

:) Serene, I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you for making me aware of rooms 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest. True to your word, they had two beds that could be pushed together to make one bed and were bigger than the other rooms right next to them, plus had two picture window, not one!! We had a wonderful time and actually enjoyed spending time in our rooms and feeling there was actually space to move around in. Many thanks! :D

I took pics of both rooms and will post once I get them downloaded and figure out how to actually post. :)

up load your photos onto www.webshots.com easy to do once you download the desktop thingee--- then post the link.

Im glad that room worked out for you-- now the question is--

did you experience any vibration or shudderings?

how was your waters?

The GLory has a bed and an upper bed--- just in case you are preplanning another cruise

Below is the link....

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2712043300102946035maxAET?vhost=good-times

We did experience alot of vibrations and shuddering during two days when the seas were rough. I did not sleep the first night with all the noise, but afterwards I just tuned it out. During the middle of the cruise, the seas were very smooth and the noise was minimal or hardly there-depending on if you were actually trying to listed for it. Mainly, I noticed all these noises at night, but that's probably because it was so quiet. Thanks again for your help. I truly enjoyed these rooms. What a bargain!

Archived