Newsflash - Pacific Star Sold This Morning

I can say one thing though, my GF's parents were looking at doing one of the Asia cruises on the star and i quietly pointed them towards superstar cruises a few days before they were going to book.

The only reason i did that was because of the rumors on here about the star getting sold off ages ago.

Was an inspired decision Star-Man. Just had a look back at the post in February that started the rumours of the Star being sold. While It was always going to be replaced sometime, this rumour originally found on another cruise chat site did not turn out to be accurate after all. The result was true, but timing & buyer were false.

"Author Topic: Pacific Star to be sold? ahrpd

First Class Passenger

Member # 6229

icon1.gifposted 02-22-2007 03:57 AM profile.gif edit.gif quote_ubb6.gif

I've heard rumours that P&O Australia are about to sell PACIFIC STAR (ex TROPICALE, COSTA TROPICALE) to Club Cruise, who already own VAN GOGH, ALBATROS and JULES VERNE. Has anyone else heard this? "

Cheers,

They ought to get rid of the Pacific Sun not the Star. As I have already mentioned the Star is a much nicer ship.

You may think the Star is better than the Sun......fair enough...but....there is nothing wrong with the Sun. We had a fabulous holiday on her with no problems whatsoever.

Karen

.... The lido deck on the Pacific Star is much bigger than the Lido deck on the Pacific Sun because there is no slide taking up all the room

The slide doesn't take up THAT much room. And what can be more pleasant than watching all the kids have a ball on that slide........they all just loved it. (Saw many big kids on there too I might add:D )

Karen

It's confusing, which one?The Star or The Sun?:confused:

It would be disappointing for Staceymrow and Justgottago to read some of these reviews, because I’m confused, comment was

“That Star is a bit of a rust bucket,” which worries me?

But many comments were

• The Star is a nicer ship compared to the Pacific Sun
  • The decks on the Star are much nicer and bigger
  • Deck on the Sun is smaller because of the water slide
  • Breakfast and Lunches are served on the Lido deck on the Star.
  • Star having there Pizzeria set up on deck. It sure beats the Pizzeria dining on the Sun inside the Lido cafeteria.
  • The Steakhouse (Club Bahia) on the Star it is much nicer than the Steakhouse served on the Sun's lido cafeteria.
  • The Pacific Star is a much nicer ship, nicer features

BUT another comment was

“They ought to get rid of the Pacific Sun not the Star”,

is this true, so why? we in Brisbane get the rejects as I’m booked

on the Pacific Sun, I will still be cruising regardless on the Pacific Star

and the Pacific Sun :)

Cheers Mouse

I haven't been on the Star so I'm not going to try & compare but we loved the Sun. And hey, if you want to eat your pizza out on deck.....take it out there, you don't have to eat it inside.

Karen

I can say one thing though, my GF's parents were looking at doing one of the Asia cruises on the star and i quietly pointed them towards superstar cruises a few days before they were going to book.

The only reason i did that was because of the rumors on here about the star getting sold off ages ago.

Hi Sam,

good move star cruises are an excellent cruise line and both virgo and gemini are great ships.

Hi Guys

I am wondering why people mention favorite or not favorite "Captains".....I for one have loved every Captain that has been onboard the same ship as we have and has gotten us safely from point a to point b, especially in horrid conditions...lol. What is it that they have or haven't done for opinions to be formed....Just being a stickynose now......lol cheers shiona

Hi Kaz

Yes, everyone has their favourite ship for different reasons. I’m sure we will enjoy our cruise on the Sun for the first time,:) but I do love the Star.

Hey, we should start a new thread on which ship is better ? (Not Me)

it seems to be a touchy subject. :eek: but it does get people going

I haven't been on the Star so I'm not going to try & compare but we loved the Sun. And hey, if you want to eat your pizza out on deck.....take it out there, you don't have to eat it inside.

Karen

Surely guys cruising is not about what ship you prefer....they are all good .Cruising is about enjoying yourself having fun, meeting new friends and visiting new ports.It doesnt matter if you went on a barge as long as you enjoy it.

i have cruised on so called luxury ships and some pretty ordinary ones but i have never been on a cruise that was spoilt because of the ship i was on.I still love P&O for its style of cruising it suits me ./the people are more friendly and predominately aussies who like to party and generally have a good time.On the overseas cruises i have been on people tend to keep to themselves and dont mix readily...maybe my warpped aussie sense of humour puts them off.any ship is a good ship ,cruising is what you make of it yourself....my advice join in everything ..let your hair down and have a great time....no one on a cruise is gunna judge you.for enjoying youself.

happy cruising to all .Ihope to meet as many of the cc guys as i can on any ship on any cruise:)

I'm with you Kaz as far as liking the Captain on the bridge...makes me nervous when i see the driver....hehehe....with his hands off the wheel..lol I imagine part of the job description being a Cruise Ship Captain is being seen and chatting to the punters.......and don't they just love it...the punters that is........Can't really comment on crew relations only to say not everyone gets on with the boss and at the end of the day he is accountable, glad its his responsibility not mine.... when not used to the European ways to many they can appear very arrogant and damm rude..but you got to love the accent....... mmmm ...i'm guilty as charged......changed the subject.....lol cheers shiona

I personally think that Australia has been handed down too many old ships in the years and it is good to see that they will be phased out in time. Pacific Star is 26 years old, even though I had enjoyed cruising on her last May, she still suffers allot of mechanical failure. Pacific Sun will be the next to go I feel. Pacific Dawn will be refreshing change to what Australia has been given in the past and having the balconies is the biggest plus. Sumn Princess all year around deployment in Australia is a huge step for the company, howeve they are spreading there wings with the deployment of the ship with cruises out of Perth, not forgetting the 75 night "Grand Pacific World Cruise" in July 2008, this is the first for the Southern Hemisphere, but it is what people have asked for and Princess Cruises listensd to there passengers. Dawn Princess out of Melbourne is another huge boost, however takes longer to get to the islands. I personally think in a couple of years time P&O/Princess deployment will be very fresh. Pacific Sun will be the next to go and is only a matter of time.

Hi Sam,

good move star cruises are an excellent cruise line and both virgo and gemini are great ships.

My aunty and uncle did a cruise with them about 8 years ago now, they really enjoyed it and still wont shut up about it :rolleyes:

Surely guys cruising is not about what ship you prefer....they are all good .Cruising is about enjoying yourself having fun, meeting new friends and visiting new ports.It doesnt matter if you went on a barge as long as you enjoy it.

i have cruised on so called luxury ships and some pretty ordinary ones but i have never been on a cruise that was spoilt because of the ship i was on.I still love P&O for its style of cruising it suits me ./the people are more friendly and predominately aussies who like to party and generally have a good time.On the overseas cruises i have been on people tend to keep to themselves and dont mix readily...maybe my warpped aussie sense of humour puts them off.any ship is a good ship ,cruising is what you make of it yourself....my advice join in everything ..let your hair down and have a great time....no one on a cruise is gunna judge you.for enjoying youself.

happy cruising to all .Ihope to meet as many of the cc guys as i can on any ship on any cruise:)

Well said Fox. Anybody who lets the fact that the pizza place is inside & not out on deck spoil their holiday has issues.

Karen

Karen

Well said Fox. Anybody who lets the fact that the pizza place is inside & not out on deck spoil their holiday has issues.

Karen

Karen

hi Karen,

I would take the other view....how lucky we have a pizzeria......I always look for the good things not the negatives.:)

I'm going to join the i've been cancelled club.....cruise on Marco Polo for next year cancelled.....SHE'S BEEN SOLD....to an undisclosed buyer....oh the intrigue.....maybe she's coming here too....lol..... got to say you could a lot worse. The Pacific Princess is now on the shopping list... cheers shiona

Archived