Question for the GYM Rats

hospsafe

My wife and I have resigned ourselves that our diets will probably go to....while we are on the Caribbean Princess. But I would like to think we will do at least our cardio as well as our abs workout. The question is how do I solve the after workout protein shake problem? Isopure pre-made shake sucks.

Any suggestions would be most appreciative.

My husband brings his protein powder (dry mix from Costco) individually bagged in ziplock bags. After his workout, he takes a large-mouth bottle (like a gatorade bottle) and mixes his protein shake with water. You could probably use milk as well. He just packs one bag for each day of the trip. Good for you that you plan on going to the gym - it's tough with all that yummy food :D

I pack mine in a smaller container and its fine. A large ziplock bag may work, or even 7 small ones for each workout. Amino Acid Pills(Amino acids break down into protien) May be even easier. 3-4 after a workout is very effective and much more space economical.

Hi,

My friend who is on a special diet ,just took her powder down to one of the little coffee bars and asked to waiter if he woulld mix it for him in the blender...he did it for the whole trip and she tipped him at the end of the cruise. also you can bring onboard that little ":bullet" that they sell for about 4o.oo dollars to blend your drink.

Enjoy your cruise

:D

Try a frozen margarita instead
Wrong thread... :rolleyes:

How about a protein bar. When it's not convenient to mix powder with skim milk, I find a PowerBar works well for me. The PowerBar Protein Plus bar has 23g of protein @ 290 calories. I see they also have a recovery shake.

Here's a link to the PowerBar site.

Lew

Thanks for suggestions...unfortunately Lew, Power Bar doesn't give me enough protein. Isopure is giving me 50 grams per glass, 210 calories and no CARBS!!!. I need that much protein in order to achieve my goals....havent done Creatine...worried about the side effects....probably will use the Gatorade bottle idea...it will kill two birds with one stone.

Wish me luck on sticking to the gym routine...going to be tough especially considering its the first vacation ever for us with no kids!!

Archived