I just booked Mariner out of Los Angeles.....WOOHOO!!!

Karen - I have a preliminary answer. I got an email back from RCCL today that my OBC was applied and it is listed as: ADV1-$100 ONBRDCR

I will see what my TA says when he transfers it on Monday. I do know that I am not allowed to post contacts here... so maybe you can call and ask a different rep to add it based on this ADV1 code??? Remember you often get what you want after you 2-3 times and getting someone different each time. ;)

Karen - emailed with my TA today and he confirmed that the discount and the OBC should both apply to your booking. I would call RCCL back and see what a different person says.... let me know what happens. I would like to help if I can.

Karen - emailed with my TA today and he confirmed that the discount and the OBC should both apply to your booking. I would call RCCL back and see what a different person says.... let me know what happens. I would like to help if I can.

Tina, I'll start again tomorrow, see what kind of answers I get, and let you know. Thanks for all the info. -- that's one of the many things cruise critic is so good at!:)

Told by PVP that the discount would show up in several days. Discount not on original Invoice. Definately not onboard credit.

I work in Ahwatukee 50th St north of Chandler Blvd.

Are you on the Feb 22nd cruise?

Laura

Yes, I live off 38th and Knox, up from Mtn. Pt. High School. Got my invoice via email, did not show up as credit or obc, I will definitely call him in the am. Alice

Tina, I'll start again tomorrow, see what kind of answers I get, and let you know. Thanks for all the info. -- that's one of the many things cruise critic is so good at!:)

If it doesn't work - email me at inkflamingos at yahoo dot com - put Cruise Critic in the subject so I know it is not spam. :)

I also have a problem with this. Went to book this on June 7 and used my NC Certificate and asked them to apply the discount which she didn't know anything about. We asked her to cancel until we found out more about it. She said it was too late and couldn't be done since she had finished our booking. We hadn't even given her our credit card.If we knew that we could't use the NC Certificate we wouldn't have done it since $200.00 dollars is better than our onboard credit. It looks like we won't get our discount. We were told the only thing we can do now if we want to cancel is loose the $200.00 deposit and $100.00 onboard credit on our Next Cruise Certificate and start over with new booking. That doesn't make sense to me.

This just doesn't make sense to me. The $200 promo discount is a totally separate entity from the NCC with the OBC attached, and I just don't see why you can't take advantage of both. The only loophole I see for RCL is that the NCC is considered a "booking" and doesn't fall into the date frame for the $200 discount promo. BUT......my argument would be that it doesn't say anywhere in the fine print that NCCs cannot be used. It does say "new bookings only", which might be the deciding factor here. I'm still going to push for both when I get ready to book.

Carol

ps. My agent had just sent me an email with the promo for this Friday, for the WOW sale (reduced deposits, OBC) and it DOES say in the fine print on that one that you cannot use an NCC for that.

Update.....just heard from my TA, who talked to her RCL rep and the rep says you CANNOT combine the NextCruise Credit with the $200 off promo. She said the NCC is considered a promo (first time I've heard THAT) and that promos are not combineable. So I guess when I get ready to book I'll just hang on to the NCC for some other cruise, and take advantage of the $200 discount, plus the platinum balcony discount. Well, actually, by the time I sail on the Mariner, I'll be Diamond....just thought of that! I'm doing a 4 night Monarch and a 14 day Ultimate Alaska cruise next year!

Yes, I live off 38th and Knox, up from Mtn. Pt. High School. Got my invoice via email, did not show up as credit or obc, I will definitely call him in the am. Alice

Called and my discount was credited.

When you have a chance come over to Roll Call for Feb 22nd.

Think there are quite a few Az posters on CC.

Laura

Some of you might have heard of another cruise line that also does the Mexican Riviera cruises out of Los Angeles. Well they just counter punched ...

MIAMI (June 13, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor – the largest “Fun Ship” ever constructed – will launch year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises from Long Beach, Calif., beginning in March 2009, following its inaugural schedule of European and Caribbean voyages.

Some of you might have heard of another cruise line that also does the Mexican Riviera cruises out of Los Angeles. Well they just counter punched ...

MIAMI (June 13, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor – the largest “Fun Ship” ever constructed – will launch year-round seven-day Mexican Riviera cruises from Long Beach, Calif., beginning in March 2009, following its inaugural schedule of European and Caribbean voyages.

That is interesting. Carnival CVP told me that it's itinerary is only known till Jan 09 out of Fort Lauderdale. Carnival would need to react to RCCL moving the Mariner to the West Coast though. By the way the Splendor is only 113,000 tons. Not that big for a new ship.

Now THAT'S funny!

I saw this yesterday. I thought it was hilarious. But Mariner is still bigger and better.

I just booked too for Feb 22nd. I got the AFT Corner 9390 and the Interior across the hall.

There is a special for early bookings $200 off per cabin

Final payment due Dec 14th, 2008

total for the two cabins is $3783.04 including the discount.

If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me what the cost was just for cabin 9390 with port charges/taxes.

Thanks. From the photos I've seen 9390 is suppose to be a GREAT cabin.

Can I just say that hanging out on these boards is DANGEROUS?! I just booked Easter week 2009 (April 12-19), aft corner cabin 9390! :D

Thanks to all of you I added the $200 off a cabin code, too, so hopefully that'll come off the total this week. And airfare is cheap to LA from UT, so that's another savings ;)

Now I need to book an interior room for my dd's. vesw01, which interior cabin did you get for your kids? Was it 9383?

• 1 month later...
I saw this yesterday. I thought it was hilarious. But Mariner is still bigger and better.
Fitz,

I just noticed you are in LA when I went searching for other posts by you and checked your profile for contact info. The friend I referenced in our other recent thread is probably moving ot LA in the next couple months and suggested I consider the Mariner out of LA for a cruise sometime in the next year or two. So when I saw this thread I thought I would post and ask if you would be so kind as to email me at bob at wetspotdivers dot com. Don't let your mind go there, it's a scuba diving thing. Too bad this board doesn't have a PM (private message) capability like FlyerTalk.

Bob

Fitz,

I just noticed you are in LA when I went searching for other posts by you and checked your profile for contact info. The friend I referenced in our other recent thread is probably moving ot LA in the next couple months and suggested I consider the Mariner out of LA for a cruise sometime in the next year or two. So when I saw this thread I thought I would post and ask if you would be so kind as to email me at bob at wetspotdivers dot com. Don't let your mind go there, it's a scuba diving thing. Too bad this board doesn't have a PM (private message) capability like FlyerTalk.

Bob

I knew I liked you! ROFL! You are funny. I will email you right away.

Archived