I just booked Mariner out of Los Angeles.....WOOHOO!!!

Booked today for 2-22. Have changed rooms sev times already.

Some advice please. Cabin 8620 hump cabin E1..Cabin 9620 hump D1.

First of all will we like a hump room? Is there more motion in them? Second is it worth the extra money going from E1 to D1?

Any advice is appreciated.

Just feel with being on the first Mariner sailing from LA will be a blast.

Will save $500.00 driving from Phx instead of the airfares we have endured flying to Fl for a cruise.

I cannot believe I booked so far in advance! Haven't even spoken to anyone about booking with us yet. Just could not pass up this unique opportunity. Thanks.....

Laura

8620 is a dead center hump, which is a great location. You can see both forward and aft. 9620 is ever so slightly off center, but still a great locale. If you can swing the extra $110 pp for the D1, I would do that. The difference between 189 sqft and 206 sqft does not seem like much, but it does make a big difference in my opinion. Our friends had a D1 on Freedom, and we had a E1, and theirs seems so much more spacious. And D cabins on Mariner are larger than Freedom. I would do the D1. That is just my opinion. See you there!!!!

Would any of you that already booked be interested in doing a group booking?

We have two cabins booked and I see at least two or three other cabins other than Fitz...that makes 5 - we are almost there, plus as this thread grows we will have more sailing. I am sure the first cruise will be popular.

I am debating between a hump and the aft corner too. The hump is a smaller balcony but more convienent - the aft corner you can have a party on. When I was talking to the RCCL rep that D1 only had 5 more sq ft - figured lose the 5 inside and add it to the deck.

For us a larger deck would be great to sit out on with our kids. We looked at doing a D1 with all 4 of us in the room - it was cheaper to do an E1 and an inside directly across the hall.

I would be interested, but I don't want to force everyone to use my TA. I already filled out the transfer form, so I think it is too late for me to stop it. ARGH! What to do?

Please pardon a stupid question. How does Mariner get to Los Angeles? I thought she was too big to go through the Panama Canal.

Not a stupid question, and yes she is too big. :) She'll do it the old-fashioned way: around the tip of South America!

There's a thread going about the repositioning cruise(s):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=564794

Please pardon a stupid question. How does Mariner get to Los Angeles? I thought she was too big to go through the Panama Canal.

she will sail around south america leaving on jan4 out of pc ending in la on feb22 still waiting on the repo rc has not let any details of it out.

Okay, I just changed our room. Partner doesn't like as much sun, so I took 7388, corner aft on deck 7. HUGE balcony, but less sun. We had the same one of Freedom, but it was 7408 on her. I hope I didn't make a mistake. Never been on deck 9 corner aft. But at least I know I like deck 7.

Would any of you that already booked be interested in doing a group booking?

We have two cabins booked and I see at least two or three other cabins other than Fitz...that makes 5 - we are almost there, plus as this thread grows we will have more sailing. I am sure the first cruise will be popular.

I am debating between a hump and the aft corner too. The hump is a smaller balcony but more convienent - the aft corner you can have a party on. When I was talking to the RCCL rep that D1 only had 5 more sq ft - figured lose the 5 inside and add it to the deck.

For us a larger deck would be great to sit out on with our kids. We looked at doing a D1 with all 4 of us in the room - it was cheaper to do an E1 and an inside directly across the hall.

Hi VESW01

Would love to join a group but already have one started. Would love to have you join us if you are interested, but either way this is going to be a great cruise. I am sure once a roll call is set up we will all get to chance to meet each other.

You have a group started for this cruise? I hadn't seen anything on that at all.

Anyway, I am rethinking and may go for a hump cabin instead.

What does Deck 9 have so much more sun?

Any help would be appreciated.

WooHoo..can't wait. Finally, we get a newer, larger, spectacular RCCL ship on the West Coast, during the summer months.

We booked a D1 this time, and got cabin 1688. I hope it's a good choice.

Thanks to all for the info on the $200 discount.

SDCruiser

1388 and 1688 are very highly prized cabins. My TA booked these cabins for June 21, 2009 and then offered them to his clients. He told me that two seconds after sending out the e-mail he received twelve requests for these two cabins. So, enjoy. :)

I just booked too for Feb 22nd. I got the AFT Corner 9390 and the Interior across the hall.

There is a special for early bookings $200 off per cabin

Final payment due Dec 14th, 2008

total for the two cabins is $3783.04 including the discount.

Hey Fitz - Great catch - I'm sorely tempted! I'm in the middle of trying to book a Legend Repo from Dubai to Singapore but after that I'll look into this one - hope all the good cabins won't be gone!

Good morning!

We booked Mariner on 2/22 and 3/1, and this is what we found out about the discounts: (apologies if this has already been discussed)

You cannot combine the Next Cruise ID with the early booking ($200) discount. We had completed the booking using the Next Cruise ID (which gives you the onboard credit), when we learned that, so everything had to be changed around.

We were told that the early booking discount discussed here will be automatically applied to all bookings made between June 6, and September 4. Is that what everyone else has been told, as well? I would certainly hang onto the coupon or whatever hard copy you have, just in case it's not done.

Thanks -- see you in Feb. and March, 2009!

Karen

Just popping in to say CONGRATS!!! As much as I hate to lose the Mariner (she was my first and only - so far!), I know how much the West Coast will enjoy her. She's AWESOME! :D

For those of you booking cabins, if you're looking for a category D1 hump, we stayed in 9622 and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! It shows as off center (and maybe it is), BUT it is the most humped cabin along with 9620. The location was wonderful - convenient to everything! The balcony isn't as large as an aft, but we had 3 chairs and a small table with plenty of room to spare. Again, not huge, but great for 2 people and definitely doable for 3, maybe 4.

Happy cruising!!!! :D

1388 and 1688 are very highly prized cabins. My TA booked these cabins for June 21, 2009 and then offered them to his clients. He told me that two seconds after sending out the e-mail he received twelve requests for these two cabins. So, enjoy. :)

Have you or anyone else seen 1688 or 1388 and can comment on the size of the balconies? I fear that the online deck plans are fairly generic for the Voyager Class as a whole, and I don't want to book a tiny balcony. We found out the hard way on Adventure. 9690 had a very small balcony. In fact the cabin itself was a little weird, as it had a porthole and a swinging, rather than a window and sliding door. All because of the small balcony.

Any input would be much appreciated!:)

Have you or anyone else seen 1688 or 1388 and can comment on the size of the balconies? I fear that the online deck plans are fairly generic for the Voyager Class as a whole, and I don't want to book a tiny balcony. We found out the hard way on Adventure. 9690 had a very small balcony. In fact the cabin itself was a little weird, as it had a porthole and a swinging, rather than a window and sliding door. All because of the small balcony.

Any input would be much appreciated!:)

Look here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

for some actual photos.

You cannot combine the Next Cruise ID with the early booking ($200) discount. We had completed the booking using the Next Cruise ID (which gives you the onboard credit), when we learned that, so everything had to be changed around.

We were able to have our discount applied to our NC booking. The original person that took our reservation accidently dropped our OBC. So when I called back to have the discount applied, she applied the discount and added the OBC back on. So it can be done - just probably takes an extra step or two.

For those of you booking cabins, if you're looking for a category D1 hump, we stayed in 9622 and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!!! It shows as off center (and maybe it is), BUT it is the most humped cabin along with 9620.

Yeah - we booked 9620 because it is one of only FOUR triples that are actually ON the hump... the rest are at the ends. Of course, CC is responsible for my speedy selection of our cabin. Gotta love it! :)

Yeah - we booked 9620 because it is one of only FOUR triples that are actually ON the hump... the rest are at the ends. Of course, CC is responsible for my speedy selection of our cabin. Gotta love it! :)

We plan on going on a Freedom class ship in the next few years and want a similar cabin for the same reasons - location and the number of people it will accomodate. (We have small children who have to be in the same cabin as we are for my comfort level.) Unfortunately, Freedom doesn't have the same set-up, but the Liberty does. Thank goodness - we loved our cabin so much! :)

We were able to have our discount applied to our NC booking. The original person that took our reservation accidently dropped our OBC. So when I called back to have the discount applied, she applied the discount and added the OBC back on. So it can be done - just probably takes an extra step or two.

:)

We were told definitely not, even after checking with a supervisor. May I ask who did your booking for you? We were all the way through our NC booking, when this information surfaced, we had to start all over with a regular id, since the discount is worth more than the onboard credit, and it was a bit messy. Whenever there's a discount, it always seems to be applied differently, depending on who you talk to.

Your post piqued my interest, so I am checking with RCCL on Monday (since the weekend people haven't seemed to have been as helpful for me) and will have my TA go to bat for me if I need to. Nowhere on my NextCruise confirmation does it say that I can't use coupons or discounts for the booking. Nor was I told then when I booked. And since the discount came out AFTER I booked (since I booked at 5:00am, that morning) I wouldn't have been given a choice to use the discount or the OBC... and when I got the discount applied later that evening, she simply said she would make sure my OBC would get put back on since the original agent lost it when she booked me.

Once I get a definitive answer, I will certainly come back & report it. I am going to email my TA that is going to be taking over this booking on Monday so he can clarify for me. If this is the case, I would certainly want my NC put back into place with no penalties. I am certainly not doubting you - since I have had the same experience that you have with inconsistency. :)

Thank you, Tina, I will be very interested to learn what you are able to find out. This is frustrating...and not the first time it has happened. Logically speaking, why would they not allow the early booking discount with a NC id? If you book the cruise onboard, is the discount not applicable, either? That would surely irritate a lot of people.:confused:

Archived