Good argument against

stoneharborlady

Never thought about this problem! My sister has booked an AD minisuite, and an inside across the hall for her 17 year old daughter and 12 year old son. The TA booked the inside in the 17 year olds name. Now, after final payment, its time to print out boarding passes. Due to a glitch in the Princess system, neither my sister or my neice can get into the cruise personalizer for the inside cabin, as my neice is under 18. They cannot print a boarding pass. The TA says it really isnt a problem, she wont have trouble boarding, and she is printing out something for my sister "just in case". But this is a good case for not having a cabin in a 17 year olds name. I am surprised really, that the TA wouldnt have thought of this when booking in the first place.

Never, never book a cabin in an under 25 year old's name ! It is easier to straighten it out with the pursors desk after sailing than before hand.

We always book in either my wife's name with one under 25 and mt name with the other under 25 and switch keys ! The bill are going to the same place !!

Never thought about this problem! My sister has booked an AD minisuite, and an inside across the hall for her 17 year old daughter and 12 year old son. The TA booked the inside in the 17 year olds name. Now, after final payment, its time to print out boarding passes. Due to a glitch in the Princess system, neither my sister or my neice can get into the cruise personalizer for the inside cabin, as my neice is under 18. They cannot print a boarding pass. The TA says it really isnt a problem, she wont have trouble boarding, and she is printing out something for my sister "just in case". But this is a good case for not having a cabin in a 17 year olds name. I am surprised really, that the TA wouldnt have thought of this when booking in the first place.

This is a brand new glitch in their system that they're trying to work on. I've never had a problem going into the personalizer for my kids and was able to print out my boy's boarding passes for our 3/31/07 Crown sailing. (They had their own cabin then as well.) Now I can't get into our booking for next spring break. I've spoken to Princess several times and they're trying to work something out where parents can either access the account through a link in their own booking or they'll go back to the old way of there not being an age limit.

The reason the TA didn't think of it as it's a brand new situation.

This is a brand new glitch in their system that they're trying to work on. I've never had a problem going into the personalizer for my kids and was able to print out my boy's boarding passes for our 3/31/07 Crown sailing. (They had their own cabin then as well.) Now I can't get into our booking for next spring break. I've spoken to Princess several times and they're trying to work something out where parents can either access the account through a link in their own booking or they'll go back to the old way of there not being an age limit.

The reason the TA didn't think of it as it's a brand new situation.

It's aggravating for us as well since our TA also put our 17 and 14 yr old sons cabin in their own names. In the past we have split my husband and I and traded keys. Now I wish we could access the cruise personalizer for them.

We just had the same problem. They booked my 17 and 8 yr old together. After calling our TA she crossed referenced there cabin with ours and said it wouldn't be a problem...sure..last famous words. :rolleyes:

Still wasn't able to access the personalizer. So I called Princess directly. I talked to someone and explained the problem and he went in and moved the birth year for my older son. Making him 19. He just said to go in and change it back at least a week before we leave so that we don't have any problems when we get there. :)

It worked out fine. I was able to go in and get them all set up. When the time gets closer I will print their boarding pass and then change his birthday year back and be done.

Never, never book a cabin in an under 25 year old's name ! It is easier to straighten it out with the pursors desk after sailing than before hand.

We always book in either my wife's name with one under 25 and mt name with the other under 25 and switch keys ! The bill are going to the same place !!

Never under 25??? Where does that come from? :eek:

This makes me glad that I put my husband in one cabin with one son and myself in the other cabin with our other son when I booked this week. Of course the main reason I did this was to use the FCCs that my husband and I each had in our names (we didn't have any for the kids) and to get the OBC associated with the FCCs.

We just had the same problem. They booked my 17 and 8 yr old together. After calling our TA she crossed referenced there cabin with ours and said it wouldn't be a problem...sure..last famous words. :rolleyes:

Still wasn't able to access the personalizer. So I called Princess directly. I talked to someone and explained the problem and he went in and moved the birth year for my older son. Making him 19. He just said to go in and change it back at least a week before we leave so that we don't have any problems when we get there. :)

It worked out fine. I was able to go in and get them all set up. When the time gets closer I will print their boarding pass and then change his birthday year back and be done.

My sister followed your lead and called Princess this morning. They changed my neices age long enough for my sistser to print out the boarding passes, and then they changed it back. We have learned from this episode. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Karen

Archived