Capt Larry Excursion Pics in Juneau Posted

SakeDad

Just posted my pics from Capt Larry's Orca Enterprises excursion I took last month. Starts on page 33 of my gallery if the link doesn't work. There are humpback, bald eagle and harbor seal pics, as well as a couple of good ones of Capt Larry himself.:D I was actually able to get a bald eagle fishing and a mom & baby humpback together!!

Nathan, great pictures! As usual!

Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed all of your other Alaska shots as well. Will you be posting photos from your tour with Captain Davely as well??

Regards,

Jayne

Those are coming VERY soon. The whale with the kelp on it's tale is from my Capt Davey trip. I got some AMAZING shots with him.:D

Those are coming VERY soon. The whale with the kelp on it's tale is from my Capt Davey trip. I got some AMAZING shots with him.:D

Great! Sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time. :D I'm looking at wide angle lenses for the trip and then I'll be set with my equipment--not as nice as yours and I don't have your creative eye, but I keep learning and studying.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos--always a treat!

Thanks,

Jayne

Your pictures are amazing!! would you mind sharing with me the type of camera you used??? One question.....how does a theatre manager manage to get so many days off to travel and in such high style!!!! I'm envious! My daughter lives in NYC tryin to do the whole Broadway thing so I know the kind of hours it takes......keep up the wonderful pictures!!! I'm going in September and cannot wait!!! We are booked with Capt. Larry and I'm so excited!!

Your pictures are amazing!! would you mind sharing with me the type of camera you used??? One question.....how does a theatre manager manage to get so many days off to travel and in such high style!!!! I'm envious! My daughter lives in NYC tryin to do the whole Broadway thing so I know the kind of hours it takes......keep up the wonderful pictures!!! I'm going in September and cannot wait!!! We are booked with Capt. Larry and I'm so excited!!

Thanks! I use a Panasonic FZ20, single lens, 12 x optical zoom, image stabilizer. Lens is 35mm equivalent to 36mm-432mm with a Lumix lens. FABULOUS camera that is a real workhorse for me!:)

I'm actually not a theatre manager, I'm a Stage Manager for national Broadway tours. We often have "dark weeks" when the show is closed so we can plan vacations or time at home then. Like my next tour starts rehearsals in August and I probably won't see home until December. But the good side is I have all of December and the 1st week in January at home before heading back out on the road for another 3 months. Life in the theatre, as they say.:rolleyes: Best of luck to your daughter!!

Thanks for all the info on the camera. I'm actually in the market, well, a friend is. I just bought a great 10 optical zoom pocket Kodak....it's awesome, but I'd like a more professional one and your pictures just blew us away!!! I appreciate all the detail you gave, sometimes people just tell me the name brand.... As for your job.. maybe I'll see you someday....we are subscribers to the Broadway Series here in Cincinnati. We have a great 7 show line-up next year...can't wait! I've done a little back stage work for our local community theatres...usually dressing and props. I was asked to stage manage last spring but turned it down because of the responsibility...I'm not ready for that! My aol name is actually Backstagemama03 ! Have fun travelling!!!!

Thanks for all the info on the camera. I'm actually in the market, well, a friend is. I just bought a great 10 optical zoom pocket Kodak....it's awesome, but I'd like a more professional one and your pictures just blew us away!!! I appreciate all the detail you gave, sometimes people just tell me the name brand.... As for your job.. maybe I'll see you someday....we are subscribers to the Broadway Series here in Cincinnati. We have a great 7 show line-up next year...can't wait! I've done a little back stage work for our local community theatres...usually dressing and props. I was asked to stage manage last spring but turned it down because of the responsibility...I'm not ready for that! My aol name is actually Backstagemama03 ! Have fun travelling!!!!

We were just there with ALL SHOOK UP...my next one is WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND.

For a great digital camera website, forum style just like this one, go to dpreview.com They have forums by users of every type camera. It's where I learned to use mine.

Archived