Specific category pricing on RCCI website

scrstu

How do I find a price for a specific category for a specific sailing on Royal Caribbean's website?

I've booked a cruise and want to be able to check on the price for the categories that we've booked in order to track possible price reductions but when I go in to the website and start the process for a new reservation, it doesn't always give me the choice of the categories that we've booked.

Even if I click on the "Show Additional Staterooms", it doesn't bring up any rooms in the category that I need. Does this mean that our categories are sold out? I find that highly unlikely as we have E1 and M rooms (many on board) for a sailing that's almost a year away.

I'm wondering if there's a different path to take to be able to choose the category that I want a price for.

Thanks for your help and, if this has been asked before, I apologize. I did try to search for an answer but didn't come up with it!

Cindi

I kind of was afraid of that, falmingosun, but then I decided to try another tack. I went to Yahoo travel and there you get to choose what category you're interested in and it brings up a bunch of available cabins. I'm just not sure how to get to the pricing for a specific category on RCCI's website.

I wonder if I can just track the prices on Yahoo (especially now with the new advertising policy) and if they drop there, assume that Royal Caribbean's pricing has dropped.

Does anyone know if this method is accurate?

Thanks for your help!!!

Cindi

I THINK that Yahoo may be showing cabins available because they have purchased a block of that catagory from RCI. That's why RCI doesn't show that catagory available as they have been "sold" to Yahoo. I have seen that happen before.

Thanks for the help. At this point, Yahoo's prices are the same as Royal Caribbean's so I'll just keep track on there and contact my TA if there's a change. It's easy to look at a specific category on Yahoo so I'll stick with what I can figure out!

Thanks again,

Cindi

For some reason RCCL mostly shows the lowest available rooms in the broad categories (inside, outside, balcony.) They do show the variety of suites. If your category does not show – that does not mean that it is sold out. Other categories may be available, from RCCL or other sources.

I e-mailed RCCL about only showing one category in a class (inside, outside, balcony) and they responded that the site did indeed only show one category and that is not scheduled to change. Makes for difficult “cruise shopping.”

Marci

Strange. When I visit RCI's website I see Superior Oceanview Balcony separate from Deluxe Oceanview Balcony, on just about every cruise (that is far enough in the future that one or both categories isn't sold out). So, at least for me, they're showing each category. What they don't show is the sub-categories. E1, E2 and E3 show up together as Deluxe Oceanview Balcony. D1 and D2 (?) show up as Superior Oceanview Balcony. Etc.

My 10/23 cruise has shown Owner's Suite only for the past two months. I asked my CA if the ship was sold out. She checked with RCCL and told me it isn't anywhere near sold out, so their website can be misleading on some cruises. I think the best thing to do in order to check the current prices for your category is to call an agent and have them check for you or call RCI yourself.

I just called RCI about this yesterday.

Basically, they said there is no way to call up a specific category. I went through the online process while the guy was on the phone, and he looked up our category and said there were still plenty of rooms available, even though the website showed none.

I also like to check for price reductions, and the agent told me the best way to do this would be to call them directly. I figure I'll call periodically to check.

Several weeks ago I inquired (complained) to RCCL about the fact the their website doesn't show as many available categories/cabins as, say Travelocity or Orbitz, and they said an future update should solve that. We wait and watch.....

I have noticed that when we have a cruise booked and I go to check prices on the RCI site that one time it will show certain categories, but show different categories a week later. I'm not sure if not showing categories (even with the "show more" feature) means a category is sold out. Last cruise, over the 4 months I checked prices on the RCI site, categories went in and out all the time.

beachchick

Well, it seems then that I'm not the only one! I'm happy to check Yahoo or some other site but just thought it was me who couldn't figure out what to click to get my category to show up. Hopefully they will fix the site at some point to be able to do this, but now I can give up trying to figure out the magic combination to get it to come up.

Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Archived