Which hotels are available in Seattle?

Hey All! I'm going on an Alaskan Cruise on Vision of the Seas in September.

After the cruise, I want to spend the weekend in Seattle. I asked the RC agent on the phone to reserve a hotel room for us and he said that the only option is the Marriott Airport Seattle for $163/person.

I don't want to stay there because it's not near the city center.

Aren't there other (better located) hotels?

If so, which ones are offered (or have contracts) with RC?

OR...

Am I better off making my own arrangements (i.e. paying for a cab from the port to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport, making my own hotel reservations with one that is centrally located in Seattle)?

RC is handling our flight arrangements.

Thank you!

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel. Great hotel right in the heart of downtown. Short walk to Pike's Market and about a mile walk to Space Needle. Lots of great shops and restaurants withina couple of blocks and the hotel has nice amenities (i.e. nice pool, hottub, sauna).

You do have to use public transportation to get there from air port and to go to pier. There is a city bus that picks has a stop right near baggae claim at the airport that takes you within a block of the hotel for about $1.50 per person if you don't want to spring for a cab.

I believe I paid about $170 per night. I either booked direct with hotel or via triple a's web site. I would definitely book this place again next time I am in Seattle.

Archived