Grand Suite

Does anyone have any details to share about a Grand Suite onboard The Vision? They seem to be on deck 8 (the highest cabin deck) and they all seem to be forward. Can anyone tell us how they ride and are they worth the extra price for the size/view/ride? Thanks!

We had one on the Enchantment, which is a sister ship to the Vision, but was stretched in 2005.

We loved loved loved this cabin. I was awakened several mornings by the sound of herds of elephants or mountains of movers over our heads. My kids claim that they heard nothing. :rolleyes:

As for, "is it worth it?" - only you can decide that. Until this cruise, we had had to fly to our ports of embarkation. This cruise was sailing out of Philadelphia, our hometown. The increase in price to pay for the GS was LESS than I was saving on three airfares. For us, it was worth it. :)

We had a GS on Vision. There is more room than you can use! Bath is great. Being forward you can sometimes hear waves lapping the side of the ship and if there is a lot of ocean motion sometimes drawers and doors will open and close. Occasionally you can hear carts, etc. rolling overhead, chairs scooting around and the like but it is not so bad. The good outweighs the bad IMHO.

Does anyone have any details to share about a Grand Suite onboard The Vision? They seem to be on deck 8 (the highest cabin deck) and they all seem to be forward. Can anyone tell us how they ride and are they worth the extra price for the size/view/ride? Thanks!

Jamesnnb

We are in a GS on the Vision is 2 weeks. Any specific things I can check out for you?

DebCat...

YES! We won't be sailing her till next April 'down Mexico Way'. If you could let us know the amenities and is there anything substituted for the lack of a Concierge Club? We know there is no Concierge Lounge -- or Concierge for that matter. But we just wonder if they offer some substitute for Suites and/or Diamond Members. Also, if you happen to be a Diamond Member, what's in the coupon book? If you have any cabin pictures to share, that would be great. Have a great cruise, you lucky DebCat! :D

James, I too will be sailing on the Vision in August. Grand Suite 8012....I too would like to know the perks for renting this suite...if any. And would love to see any photo's of your room and your trip. Have fun I envy you!

I was in GS 8010 on Legend in April. The room was wonderful as was the balcony( sister to Vision so will be almost identical). The bathroom was excellent, marble with 2 sinks and lots of mirros etc, worth the extra alone for a cool space to get ready. We shared the room with 2 kids and had ample room. We were by the elevators but never heard any noise from this and it was very convenient for Windjammer and pool (directly one floor above).... I did however hear the noises as explained by previous poster, i.e. dragging chairs and sun beds above. Usually this ocurred on a morning and late at night if Midnight buffet was on deck and we were in bed as too tired! I would still go back to the same cabin in a heartbeat so this did not pose too much of a problem.Have a great trip and enjoy the suite. We have anothewr booked on Explorer next March. Hollyanna:)

James, I too will be sailing on the Vision in August. Grand Suite 8012....I too would like to know the perks for renting this suite...if any. And would love to see any photo's of your room and your trip. Have fun I envy you!

We had 8008 on Vision and have some pictures. They are too large to post here but if you will supply your email address I will send some. It was very nice.

Archived