Liberty Of The Seas Aft Balcony Rooms

I read on one of the reviews regarding the balcony rooms on the aft deck doesn't have the best view. Oh crap, I booked 6410 thinking it would have a bigger deck and a great view. Anyone have any feedback. Can't wait for 9-8-07. Thanks Dana Ferguson:)

Does anyone know wether there is an obstructed view on the aft deck very back corner room on the Liberty at Seas? I read an email about the Grand Suite that is beside of us having a grey area in their view. I don't want any obstruction. Please someone respond. We are spending alot of money on this and it will deeply sadden me if our view is bad. Thanks for any help. Can't wait for 9-8-07!!! Dana:D

My understanding is that Freedom class and Voyager class aft balconies are very similar. Here are some photos of Voyager class deck 6 corner aft balconies.

Yes, there is a large gray extended area beyond the deck 6 balconies and there is less obstruction the higher the deck. I would think the corner would be better then mid-aft on deck 6. But, personally, I would prefer a higher deck for an aft on Freedom or Voyager class. That's why after extensive research I chose a deck 10 JS aft for our upcoming Voyager cruise. :cool:

Does anyone know wether there is an obstructed view on the aft deck very back corner room on the Liberty at Seas? I read an email about the Grand Suite that is beside of us having a grey area in their view. I don't want any obstruction. Please someone respond. We are spending alot of money on this and it will deeply sadden me if our view is bad. Thanks for any help. Can't wait for 9-8-07!!! Dana:D

I'm sorry to say, I would highly recommend avoiding decks 6, 7, and 8 on the aft. The corners on 7 and 8 are good, but nothing between. You will have metal frame work obstructing your view and you can't look down at the water.

Only decks 9 and 10 views are free from the frame work. Click my webshots for the Explorer cruise I took last month. There are plenty of shots from my deck 9 balcony and there is one in there from a friends balcony on deck 7.

We have an AFT balcony cabin on deck 7, second one in. Is there any obstruction in that cabin? Please advise.
Voyager class deck 7 aft balconies (2nd ones in)

The above link provides photos that are similar to deck 7 aft on Freedom class ships.

As stated previously, the higher the deck, the less the obstruction. Decks 6 & 7 are the lowest aft decks...

Man, that just makes me sick. I just called RC and of course there are no more balcony rooms left. Except for a JS and one on D1 or something like that. If I change my price will go up $300.00. Do you think the obstructed view v/s the bigger cabin and balcony are worth staying where I am at? Did you still enjoy the view? Thanks and sorry for so many questions. Dana:confused:

It is hard to predict if this cabin will upset you. (Probably why not many people can give you an answer.) It seems that you were hoping for a certain feeling on your balcony, so I think it would upset you.

If you are set on Liberty, it may be difficult to find another similar cabin --that ship is popular because it's new. You can always cancel your reservation before final and then look to see what comes up in the meantime. Often things do open up after final but you may not get your original price.

September tends to be less crowded because kids are heading back to school. You may be able to find a better cabin, cheaper, on another ship during the same time period.

Don't let it upset you! You are going to have a fantastic cruise no matter what. The aft balcony will be much larger than the 1 you would have anywhere else and even though there will be deck in front of you (it is 1 floor down) your view will be out back not down. If there were a way to change you might try so you know you would be happy but I think you will be suprised at the view you will have anyway. Don't stress, relax and be prepared to have a wonderful cruise.

Dana, honey, chill a little! ;) :)

At least you have the corner which is bound to be way better than any other deck 6 afts. And other cabins in your category will likely open up the closer the final payment date you get. If you really think you'll be that unhappy (and I don't know how you could be - you'll be on a cruise, for goodness sake!), then keep an eye out for cancellations in your category.

I wish brn2crz (sp?) would weigh in here. She had a deck 6 corner aft on a Voyager class ship and loved it! :cool: She is always speaking out against the deck 6 aft naysayers. :p

Actually, even the corner afts on deck 6 voyager and freedom class ships kinda suck. They are the only corner aft cabins that do not go all the way to the edge of the ship, so not only to you have the structure to look through to get the view back, but you have it to the side too. Deck 6 is the one deck that I would totally avoid on these ships. Deck 6 corner aft cabins would be pretty much the same location at the second cabin in on deck 7. View is not great at all.

Man, that just makes me sick. I just called RC and of course there are no more balcony rooms left.

Dana, if you had to be anywhere on deck 6 aft, the corner is it. But like Fitz said, it's not actually on the corner because it does not extend to the side. Honestly, I don't think you'll be that unhappy with the room. You'll still have plenty of view. It just isn't as nice as the higher decks, or side balconies.

Oh well, I will just keep the room and see for myself. It's definatley not like it will be my last cruise. I am going on another one in October. Who knows I may love it. I can't believe the Grand Suite is right beside of it. It will be obstructed too. Go figure. Next time however I will know to book a higher deck. I can't believe my travel agent didn't even look to see it says I will have a 20% obstruction of view. I do however like the pictures that show more shade on the balcony because I guess I will not be facing the sun directly. I am getting excited again. Thanks for everyones input. I will give my opinion when I return. :cool: :D Bon Voyage. Dana

I'm sorry to say, I would highly recommend avoiding decks 6, 7, and 8 on the aft. The corners on 7 and 8 are good, but nothing between. You will have metal frame work obstructing your view and you can't look down at the water.

Only decks 9 and 10 views are free from the frame work. Click my webshots for the Explorer cruise I took last month. There are plenty of shots from my deck 9 balcony and there is one in there from a friends balcony on deck 7.

I am sorry, but I am going to have to disagree, atleast on deck 8.

We had room 8392 on the Mariner, which is the second one in, starboard side, and the view was outstanding with little obstruction.

I am sorry, but I am going to have to disagree, atleast on deck 8.

We had room 8392 on the Mariner, which is the second one in, starboard side, and the view was outstanding with little obstruction.

Archived