17 People robbed on Conquest Jamaica excursion

oakbend

Lighten up a little, I understand the point. I was just trying to show that crime is more likely to happen in the US than in Jamaica per 1000 people.

Do the majority of these crimes happen to tourists while on vacation......say when they get off in port from a cruise ship:cool:

Uh yes........if you are referring to the topic of this thread...

OK, you have your opinion and I have mine. Except mine is supported by fact not speculation. If you have better data to support your opinion please provide.

Just to add some REAL statistics to this thread. Try reading this http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri_percap-crime-total-crimes-per-capita

You'll see that Jamaica is #37 and the U.S. is #8.

this is just insane... so, if the US is ranked so high, why don't we all just pack our bags and move to Jamaica!!!!... According to these stats :confused: , Jamaica is WAY more safe than the USA... now i don't feel safe living here all of my life... but one day in Jamaica????? stats, smats........ where do YOU want to live and raise your kids????? and once again... our country is a lot larger than the little island of Jamaica.... lets take one city and compare... and it doesn't have to be Houston, Newark or Detroit... (okay, I said I would "hold my typing finger, but...)

Back to the original reason for this forum... BEWARE IN JAMAICA... (and I guess even beware MORE in the good ole USofA...) Kenneth, bluebonnet... how do you feel about those stats???? :rolleyes: The comparison isn't even worthy of looking at "stats"... am I crazy....??? (okay, I'll be quoted and many will say YES!!!:) )

And I agree with the last poster on these so called stats...

OK, you have your opinion and I have mine. Except mine is supported by fact not speculation. If you have better data to support your opinion please provide.

This thread is not about what country has the highest crime rate.......

So I'm not sure where you are going with this:confused:

this is just insane... so, if the US is ranked so high, why don't we all just pack our bags and move to Jamaica!!!!... .

LOL! And let's not forget that they don't throw drug dealers in jail in Jaimaca.....which would not be on the so called statistics.......

But hey if you purchased it from them you can bet your arse you will be thrown in..:rolleyes:

this is just insane... so, if the US is ranked so high, why don't we all just pack our bags and move to Jamaica!!!!... According to these stats :confused: , Jamaica is WAY more safe than the USA... now i don't feel safe living here all of my life... but one day in Jamaica????? stats, smats........ where do YOU want to live and raise your kids????? and once again... our country is a lot larger than the little island of Jamaica.... lets take one city and compare... and it doesn't have to be Houston, Newark or Detroit... (okay, I said I would "hold my typing finger, but...)

Back to the original reason for this forum... BEWARE IN JAMAICA... (and I guess even beware MORE in the good ole USofA...) Kenneth, bluebonnet... how do you feel about those stats???? :rolleyes: The comparison isn't even worthy of looking at "stats"... am I crazy....??? (okay, I'll be quoted and many will say YES!!!:) )

And I agree with the last poster on these so called stats...

I'll answer you first, the "Stats" are based on per 1000 people. That's the only way to make a statistical correct comparison and the truth is crime is higher in the US than in Jamaica.

This thread is not about what country has the highest crime rate.......

So I'm not sure where you are going with this:confused:

If you read all the posts you will see that most posters are saying that Jamaica is totally crime ridden and that's just not true based on statistical data. That's ALL I'm trying to say. Don't tell me that something is black if the stats tell me it's actually white. OK?

If you read all the posts you will see that most posters are saying that Jamaica is totally crime ridden and that's just not true based on statistical data. OK?

So because the stats show the US has more crime this means that Jamaica can't be totally crime ridden:confused:

So because the stats show the US has more crime this means that Jamaica can't be totally crime ridden:confused:

I don't think I said that, but in the US you are 4.625 times more likely to be a statistic of a crime than in Jamaica. How's that?

Also, I've been there, so "I" don't think it is.

I've got one last question.

When was the last time someone posted on CC about being robbed in Jamaica besides this time? I asking because since I've been on this board I haven't seen anything about robberies in Jamaica. Just curious.

I don't think I said that, but in the US you are 4.65 times more likely to be a statistic of a crime than in Jamaica. How's that?

Also, I've been there, so "I" don't think it is.

You said based on the stats it is not possible for Jamaica to be totally crime ridden....

By all means if you feel safe going to Jamaica then go.

The victims are on here out of the goodness of their hearts to let people know that the cruiselines are advertising a product under false pretense.

This is info is to help not hinder....

You said based on the stats it is not possible for Jamaica to be totally crime ridden....

By all means if you feel safe going to Jamaica by all means go.

The victims are on here out of the goodness of their hearts to let people know that the cruiselines are advertising a product under false pretense.

This is info to help not hinder....

Actually this is what I said......."If you read all the posts you will see that most posters are saying that Jamaica is totally crime ridden and that's just not true based on statistical data." If you're going to quote me please get it correct, thanks.

I understand the info is to help not hinder, but let's not make it sound like the sky is falling either.

Well thats interesting. After hearing crime was 10X higher in Jamaica than anywhere else etc etc here are some stats that say that ain't so.

I do not know your age or education level, but one class ins Statisics will teach you that statitstic lie! By that, I mean, take any given set of numbers and factor in some obstacle, and you can skew the outcome. For instance, let's take the US crime level, and now factor out the crimmes committed between known individuals and also facotr in the drug/gang-level, and you ahve totally differnet statistics. Or let's, thrun this around and take Jamaica's crime statisitcs, factor in drugs and tourists and there's goes up tremendously!!

For those reasons, I tend not to look so much to statistics and look more towards experience. My experience and others have not been comforting in Jamaica! If others choose to go, that is fine, but I will not book a cruise or vacation that goes to Jamaica. The only way to stop this type behaviour towards tourist, especially when the govt. there is corrupt, is to take the tourist factor away!

I have a lovely condo for sale in Fallujah if you're instersted.:)

:rolleyes: what about Haiti jhsieh?? I thought you had a special place in your heart there? :D

How did this forum get to this place anyhow? I think I'll sign off and sit back and enjoy the entertainment from now on... there are some interesting "stats" here... (and yes, they are appreciated... just some are ridiculous when you really get down to what was the original discussion)

Enjoy everyone... If I come back on here... DELETE me please... I have no one to support me on my end and tell me NO! :D

And remember the original topic of this forum!

17 PEOPLE ROBBED ON CONQUEST JAMAICA EXCURSION... NOT, which US city or country or island is worse than Jamaica... thankfully we had a decent experience there, unlike many others (friends included) who have been there... and don't even know about this site...stats or no stats, you will never find me back... I'll be sipping my margaritas on another island....

Actually this is what I said......."If you read all the posts you will see that most posters are saying that Jamaica is totally crime ridden and that's just not true based on statistical data." If you're going to quote me please get it correct, thanks.

I understand the info is to help not hinder, but let's not make it sound like the sky is falling either.

And this is what I quoted you as saying:

You are right I did quote you wrong....you said true and I said

possible:rolleyes:

Okey dokey.....

Okey dokey.....

Finish it.............."based on statistical data." Now you've got it correct and I'm still accurate. Thanks. Oh, and what's up with the eye rolling?

Finish it.............."based on statistical data." Now you've got it correct and I'm still accurate. Thanks. Oh, and what's up with the eye rolling?

Are you for real:confused:

May I suggest a reading comprehension course.....

Originally Posted by Kurbanfan viewpost.gif

You said BASED ON THE STATS it is not possible for Jamaica to be totally crime ridden....

Okey dokey.....

Are you for real:confused:

May I suggest a reading comprehension course.....

Originally Posted by Kurbanfan viewpost.gif

You said BASED ON THE STATS it is not possible for Jamaica to be totally crime ridden....

Okey dokey.....

You're the one making it personal. I was just trying to make a point. Nice debating with you. You take care and have a nice day. :)

Archived