All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Looking at a Bermuda cruise on Enchantment. Since it is the same for us to go to Baltimore or Beyone, NJ, we have to choose between Enchantment and Explorer. You get 1 extra day on Explorer for the same price but I know Enchantment has been updated only a few years ago. Can anyone shed some light on our dilema?

We live about 3 hours from Baltimore. We have cruised on the Enchantment 3 times and enjoyed each cruise. But, we are going to take the Explorer out of NJ to Bermuda. We love the Enchantment. You would like the ship and it is so easy to get to the port and through embarkation in Baltimore.

Having said that--I think the NJ itineray times are better. Enchantment docks at 3PM and does not give you time to really do anything except walk around or shop that day. The last day the ship leaves at noon. :(

The Explorer has 3 full days.

We are worried the Bayonne port will be difficult.

It's not bad at all Dragon, not as easy as Balto., but not bad. :eek:

We have decided on Explorer to Bermuda also due mainly to the amount of time in Bermuda. Really get shorted for land time on the Enchantment. After cruising out of San Juan the last 2 times, either Baltimore or Bayonne should be a pleasure.

We've sailed on Enchantment 3 times; 4th coming up. A couple of my favorite things:

Be out on deck for departure. So cool to watch the ship go under the bridge.

Bungee trampoline. You need socks. No fee to use. Lots of fun even for a woman of a certain age (me).

Crew are excellent.

We have decided on Explorer to Bermuda also due mainly to the amount of time in Bermuda. Really get shorted for land time on the Enchantment. After cruising out of San Juan the last 2 times, either Baltimore or Bayonne should be a pleasure.

A good choice with the Explorer to Bermuda. Just sailed the Enchantment, loved every moment but not nearly enough time in Bermuda.

The Dockyard has expanded over the years, but there is so much more to see on the island that we could not get too enjoy because our time was split up to half days.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Enchantment, it's a great ship and a great crew.

We've sailed on Enchantment 3 times; 4th coming up. A couple of my favorite things:

Be out on deck for departure. So cool to watch the ship go under the bridge.

Well on this occasion the ship didn't make it under the bridge ...

D1-1.jpg

image.JPG&sa=X&ei=IELGT6mLGoHg2QW717jcAQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGnKCZxxupksgtP0UFwdJfdCa6Z4A

We are leaving out of Bmore 8.17.12... For those who have done the Bermuda itinerary...what to do??? Would love to hit the caves...the pink sandy beaches...but this means I"m going North Miss Tessmacher (superman reference)...Also...is Choppes Grill worth it?

Thx!

We are leaving out of Bmore 8.17.12... For those who have done the Bermuda itinerary...what to do??? Would love to hit the caves...the pink sandy beaches...but this means I"m going North Miss Tessmacher (superman reference)...Also...is Chops Grill worth it?

Thx!

We are leaving out of Bmore 8.17.12... For those who have done the Bermuda itinerary...what to do??? Would love to hit the caves...the pink sandy beaches...but this means I"m going North Miss Tessmacher (superman reference)...Also...is Chops Grill worth it?

Thx!

Just off Enchantment and Chops Grill was EXCELLENT! We went twice and loved it! Last night of the cruise we ate there and they had a HUGE WHOLE MAINE LOBSTER that was offered. We both got steak AND shared the lobster. WOW! Shrimp cocktail has HUGE shrimp, veggies are wonderful, potato dishes excellent, meats are tender and tasty, soups and salad were great, and the desserts were to die for! The atmosphere is very romantic and quiet and GREAT service!

Edited by Snick500
spelling

We are going on the Enchantment on Oct 4th and were booked on the third deck inside cabin at the rear of the ship.

Will there be motor noise that can be heard or vibration , all through the night?

Beacause we are so low, I was afriad this could be a

Problem.

Appreciate any response

Joe

A good choice with the Explorer to Bermuda. Just sailed the Enchantment, loved every moment but not nearly enough time in Bermuda.

The Dockyard has expanded over the years, but there is so much more to see on the island that we could not get too enjoy because our time was split up to half days.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Enchantment, it's a great ship and a great crew.

What time are you allow to start boarding for the cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda?

We arrived at the pier around Noon. Through the gates, they took what luggage we checked (it's a long uphill climb to the ship) By the time we parked the car, gathered our things and took a few photos, both lines were around the building.

I am a Platinum Member (they call out) so they took my cabin mate and I to another line, they ushered us quickly through security (have all your papers out and ready), they ushered us to another line (no waiting) up to the check-in desk and sent us right onto the ship.

I would say we were on the ship by 1:00 and our rooms were ready.

Thx!

Horseshoe Bay Beach was beautiful, a must see.....Chops Grill is worth every penney and more. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented with wonderful service.

Our itinerary did not allow for a ferry ride to visit St. Georges.....I visited there on another cruise and loved the cobble stone streets, quaint shops and all it's history. High Tea at the Hamilton Princess (7 minute walk) from Hamilton on Front Street was elegant and their koi pond and flower garden is beautiful. This cruise we took the Tales and Tea excursion. Nice way to see the island (Cousin Mack is a great tour guide) and we had a nice high tea at the Lighthouse "Dining Room".

Thx!

I also agree....don't bother going to Snorkle Beach, it's awful, glass all over and they have these metal stakes (dangerouse) (I guess for umbrellas) sticking out of the sand (no pink sand) and dirty! What a rip-off charged us $5 each to get in!

SUNSHINEGALLERY How did they know you were a Platinum member so that they could take you to a different check in line. Also did this actually get special treatment getting through the usually long security check point line?

We are 4 couples, on the 7/26 sailing. We have 2 on scooters, and 2 with canes, a scooter will be on board for me. I've been on cruises where the ramps to get on board can be steep. I am going to assume they have a ramp for the handicapped? Also sailed out of Bayonne 3 times. It is very easy, plenty of parking, you do have to get shuttled to the ship from the terminal, but it's not a problem. As I said we have handicapped and they are very accomodating to them.

In my past experience, it's been first come, first served when going through the actual security lines. After that, I have been able to go to a special check-in line when applicable. Your Crown and Anchor status is on your Setsail Pass so it can be easily documented by the staff.