All Things Enchantment of the Seas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I booked Enchantment 17 months ago and will be getting married onboard in April. Originally we planned to get married in the library as its small and quiet, followed by drinks in the champagne bar and a meal at Chops in the evening.

Whilst Im all for updating the ship I am gutted that the library has been replaced with 2 cabins and now theres just a few shelves for books, and now I've just read that there is no champagne bar anymore!!!

Can anyone who has sailed Enchantment before, and who knows about the dry dock changes recommend somwhere to hold our small wedding ceremony and somewhere to have a few celebratory drinks afterwards?

Thank you xxx

My wife and I got married in April of 2007 on the Enchantmnent and we had approx. 30 guests. Our location was the Spotlight lounge just past the schooner bar. We thought it was a great place and after the wedding, the photographer took us around the ship for pictures. We went to the Viking crown lounge, top deck and the centrum for pictures. We actually just booked her for May of next year for a short getaway during our birthdays and are looking forward to seeing her after 7 years of taking other ships in the Royal fleet. Congrats and good luck! the Royal crew made it a stress free experience and as I like to say ..a 7 min wedding followed by a 4 day reception is a great way to start a life together.

we are thinking about goin on enchantment next year, can someone tell me what is the best aft js to get im talkin about the aft facng js rear

we lov js

I would chose 7666. Less noise from the lounge below compared to 7166.

we are thinking about goin on enchantment next year, can someone tell me what is the best aft js to get im talkin about the aft facng js rear

we lov js

My vote is also for 7666! Great balcony, walk in closet, quiet

we lov js

7666 was our first Enchantment cabin many years ago. We had no trouble booking it again just a couple of weeks ago for a cruise next year. The only issue with it is vibration pulling into or out of port. (Unless something has changed) It will wake you up if you're sleeping at that time. I don't find it a problem listening to the room jiggle loudly as it's only temporary. :)

thanks how are the js above on deck 8 the center ones I was thinkin bout getting one of those

we like to be as high up as we can get we will be on los deck ten 1706 next week cant wait

Personally, I would rather have 7666. First, it's a corner aft, so the balcony will be larger than the JS staterooms on deck 8. Also, the deck 8 aft staterooms are under the fitness center, and I'd rather be under staterooms.

oh ok yea true I will half to see if that room is available for the weekend I wanna go looks like the aft bal on that ship don't have superstructure like los on deck 7 looks like when u walk out on the bal and look over u will be able to see water that's great

We had a junior suite on deck 8 just aft of the centrum.... Sorry I can't remember the number right now.

The only complaint we had was the solarium was above our heads and with the tiled flooring you could sometimes hear the carts being rolled and chairs sliding on the floor. It was constant, but it was a bit annoying on occasion.

We had 8666 before the drydock in August 2012. It was an excellent room. The spa area is above you so there was not too much noise. We smelled bacon cooking on the balcony late at night (I suspected they were already prepping for the early am).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Wow. . . I just read through this entire thread because we just booked this ship for next month. I got to say, I am a bit dissapointed that there isn't much from more recent times. Is there a similar Enchantment thread that is more updated? Anyone able to put me in the right direction?

There are tons of pieces of info from after the dry dock refurb... not sure what else you could possibly want? If you want to know about something that changes every week... someone can probably answer your questions.

We have several "current ____" threads for general, ever-changing information from the entire fleet.

Current Captains:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441813

Current Concierge Hosts:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1518418

Current CDs:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859416

Menus from RC themselves:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

BUT the ship itself hasn't changed much since the dry dock. It is running the same 3/4 night trips out of PC. It hasn't had anything major added lately. Perhaps you could define what you want to know about?

If your answer is a blanket "anything" then this thread likely is the #1 source without having a specific question.

Edited by poncho1973