"Live onboard AOS"

I have a question for those that have been on this cruise in the past 2-3 weeks. Did it rain a lot? I am leaving in a week and I keep checking the weather and it shows rain everyday. Did it really rain or is it just like a tropical rain where it may rain for a few minutes?

Thanks

A couple of answers about the menu and weather.......

Unfortunately, I can't recall specifically what was on the menu on the Thursday night (the second formal), though I do recall it was very good :)

For us, we ate in Portofino's on the Tuesday as it was our Wedding Anniversary, but I think it actually worked out to be the best night for a number of reasons. Firstly, it split the two Formals (Monday and Thursday), but stayed clear of the "Lobster night" (Friday) while also leaving the last night (Saturday) as we wanted to dine with our tablemates who were great. Another (lucky) break was that as it turned out Tuesday was "Venetian Feast" night in the Main Dining Room, so basically if you ate in Portofino's on Wednesday, you would be getting Italian food two nights in a row, which is not ideal (even though I love Italian food).

As for weather? We sailed out of SJ on Sunday in overcast conditions, but saw nothing but clear blue skies until we hit Antigua on Thursday where it rained very hard from around 9:30am until 1pm, then cleared. On Friday (St.Maarten) it was glorius, and stayed that way until lunchtime on Saturday (St.Thomas) when we had a couple of brief showers, before the sun came out again.

So, in one week (June 3-10), we had one morning of rain, and a couple of brief showers one lunchtime. Aside from that, sunshine all the way. FYI, we stayed on in San Juan for 4 days after the cruise. Ir rained very hard on the Monday for most of the day, but was wonderful Tuesday through Thursday. :)

We did the Aruba route and it only rained a little in the morning at St Maarten. As with most tropical islands, I think passing showers are a common thing. They usually don't last long and heck it is still warm and beautiful. Don't stress looking at the weather, just go and enjoy!!!

Yes, everyone......we're back after a very long travel day yesterday. We didn't get home until 12:15am this morning!! :eek: We're very tired today. Am trying to contend with all the laundry, grocery shopping today, and uploading nearly 400 pictures!! There has to be an easier way to do this, ughh!!!! Anyway, sorry I couldn't post more, but I will write a detailed review in a few days....weather was just great...only had 1 so so day, that was in Barbados it rained alot in the morning but was overcast most of the afternoon...sun did peek out some. well, just checking in...will write more later. :D

Susan,

My husband and I are not formal people either, but we ended up doing both formal nights. When I say formal, it should probably be in quotes. There were a few guys who were in hawaiian shirts and shorts at a table close to us and we definitely didn't see as many evening dresses on the second night. On the second formal night my husband wore his suit (no tie) and I was in a simple, long sundress which was more than appropriate for the evening.

Our lobster night was suppose to be on Friday, but there was a mixup and not enough lobsters were available so it was moved to Saturday.

Char

Archived