2008 WCC Airport question

Kindlychap

From the Waldorf=Astoria, are there any huge disadvantages in travelling to Newark rather than JFK?

My wife wants to take a day flight after the crossing - so what is our best bet - the choice appears to be 8.20 am from Newark or 07.35 from JFK.

These are Virgin flights - we're committed to Virgin to get a flight on points!

Matthew

In your situation I would choose based on flight times, not airport.

Now, I always fly from JFK for international stuff since I live much closer to there than Newark but from Manhattan it really does not make a difference.

You are not planning on that early morning flight on the day the ship arrives, are you ;) ?

In your situation I would choose based on flight times, not airport.

Now, I always fly from JFK for international stuff since I live much closer to there than Newark but from Manhattan it really does not make a difference.

You are not planning on that early morning flight on the day the ship arrives, are you ;) ?

No!

It's after the WCC. a couple of days afterwards..... My wife wants a daytime flight.

Matthew

Matthew,

It's really apples and oranges, about as easy to get to Newark as to JFK. Try Newark; some find it a quieter departure point.

(If you've been to the opera the night before, you may want quiet!)

Ab ;)

I'd recommend going to Newark if you can. They actually start boarding that JFK flight around 6:50A so you need to be there super early (we stayed at a hotel right near the airport). That (the hotel) combined with Virgin's position at JFK (at the absolute end of the concourse) are enough to make me happy to make the extra push to Newark next time.

(But we'll be flying BA, second disappointing UC flight on Virgin - two for two, time to give the new business class on BA a whirl).

From the Waldorf=Astoria, are there any huge disadvantages in travelling to Newark rather than JFK?

My wife wants to take a day flight after the crossing - so what is our best bet - the choice appears to be 8.20 am from Newark or 07.35 from JFK.

These are Virgin flights - we're committed to Virgin to get a flight on points!

Matthew

Traffic at that time of day would be much lighter going towards Newark than JFK. And you can watch the traffic jammed up on the George Washington Bridge, what with everyone trying to get into NYC.

It's after the WCC. a couple of days afterwards..... My wife wants a daytime flight.

I know; I was kidding. I credit you with being smart enough to know you could never make a flight like that the day of arrival ;) !

Seriously, I would take the EWR flight because it is not as ridiculously early.

Archived