Princess Grill Single QE2. Will I be lonely?

I have booked a Princess Grill Single for the five day cruise in August 2008. One last (perhaps two) cruises on QE2. I have asked not to be upgraded because I want to try the Princess Grill. I have previously been in the Mauritania, Britannia Grill (my favourite) and Queens Grill.

What worries me is that there are only two Princess Grill Singles. I would hate to have dinner by myself or with one other stranger. I have asked for a table for eight. Does anybody know if there are any large tables in the Princess Grill and how likely am I to be allocated to one?

My travel agent did not know very much at all. She asked if I wanted early or late sitting with my inside cabin.

Thanks in advance, Stephen.

I have booked a Princess Grill Single for the five day cruise in August 2008. One last (perhaps two) cruises on QE2. I have asked not to be upgraded because I want to try the Princess Grill. I have previously been in the Mauritania, Britannia Grill (my favourite) and Queens Grill.

What worries me is that there are only two Princess Grill Singles. I would hate to have dinner by myself or with one other stranger. I have asked for a table for eight. Does anybody know if there are any large tables in the Princess Grill and how likely am I to be allocated to one?

My travel agent did not know very much at all. She asked if I wanted early or late sitting with my inside cabin.

Thanks in advance, Stephen.

I think it is almost certain that you'll be okay. I have travelled alone three times, and always had a good group. This last time I was the only single. It mattered not a jot.

Matthew

There are serveral tables for six and eight. Even though there are only two single cabins in P grade there might be more singles who have booked a double cabin for single occupancy like I did in the past.

Anyway those passengers who choose a large table in the Grills are most likely to enjoy company.

Hi Stephen,

I have myself only dined in the PG Rest . once and that was whenI was in the QG rest and asked the Maitre D' to get me a table for myself & two of my tablemates onthe last night of a Fjords 2005 cruise. We were allocated a lovely sea-view table in the Restaurant and I thought the food to be in the same league as the QG restaurant - they even sent our wine remaining from the QG rest down to the Princess Grill! The service whilst very good is not as good as the QG restaurant.

There are only about 2 or 3 large tables for 6 or 8 in the centre of the restaurant - I have myself booked a PG single for quite a few of my 6 cruises to date onboard but have in all cases been upgraded to the QUeens Grill - interestingly on my last US & Canada cruise/crossing in 2006 I was still in PG cabin 2113 - a very nice cabin - but dining in the QUeens Grill.

I certainlly dont' think you will be lonely esp. if you have requested a larger table. I have met some lovely people on all my QE2 cruises worldwide & have never felt lonely and have two more booked - for Queens Grill this time - this year & next & am very pleased that both myaunt & uncle will be joining me on my October cruise later this year - my first QE2 cruise where I have not travelled alone so this will be a nice change!

I would be pleased to send you some photos of PG cabin 2113 if you would like to see them - only one closet though and the fridge & safe take up a lot of room - I struggled with space on my last 20 night cruise onboard which is the benefit with QG cabins where you have more hanging space!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

After my voyages on QE2 the PG is my favorite...the vie is better than the QG & the size & service is wonderful...I too sailed single & enjoyed both being alone & joining new found friends that invited me to join them.....its wonderful!!!!

It is lovely to hear from you. I have such happy memories of our cruise. I did enjoy the fun we had on our table. For me it was the most enjoyable part of the cruise. Is it really over a year? We are not doing anything with Cunard this year but Diane and I are on QM2 for my 40th in early 2008.

A different table every day does seem like it would be fun and nobody would have to suffer my QE2 anecdotes for too long.

Spurred on by you I have read all The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and am eagerly looking forward to the next book.

Best wishes to you both,

Stephen.

I certainly hope you are not too lonely Stephen. I remember you were very good company at our table last year in Brittannia Grill. Other people should be fighting to get you on their tables! Maybe you could join a different one each meal?

Thanks for all your advice. I was panicking unnecessarily. It looks like I should get a big table and have a good time. I will hope for a table for eight. I hope the Princess Grill will become my favourite restaurant but the Brittania Grill will be hard to beat.

RJMS74, please could you send your phtographs of 2113. Thanks. Sadly my cruise is only five nights so luggage space wont be a problem.

I do enjoy being on QE2 and will miss her terribly.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Stephen.

Archived