Dinner on Balcony--Good or Bad??

SANDY BEACH

I have always thought that a romantic dinner on our balcony would be nice but have yet to try it. For those of you that have had this experience, did you find it pleasant or did you wish you were in the dining room with the other cruisers?

Loved loved loved it. We just returned from Alaska on Mercury and the first night as we were sailing away from Vancouver, the sun was shining, we were enjoying our champagne, the scenery was beautiful, we didn't feel like dressing up and we ordered dinner on the balcony. We ordered from the Main dining room menu and our butler, Judas (I loved that guy!) served us our dinner course by couse. I think this was one of the best memories of the cruise. We ended up only eating in the formal dining room twice and much preferred the casual dining room or having dinner in our room. It was just so much more relaxing and these were much better spots to enjoy the magnificent view!

We had a late departure from VillaFranche so we asked our butler about eating on the balcony and he said no problem - Cliff was so great.

Our view of the Coast of France, moonlight and music from the shore - So romantic and Cliff served our dinner by courses. We finally asked him just to let us serve ourselves.

You will love it

Francine

...is that because there isn't a lot of room on a CC balcony (on Galaxy in particular)????:(

Can anyone give an answer to this? We have a CC cabin, and were thinking of dinner on the balcony. Or, if not dinner, definitely breakfast.

Is the balcony big enough to use while enjoying a meal?

I haven't been on Celebrity yet, but we did it on Crystal, and the balconies are about the same size. It was great - as long as the weather is great - and the views are spectacular. I ate breakfast there every morning.... I think you'll really enjoy it...:D

If you have a butler, it is served differently. If not, it is like a hotel, all brought at one time.

We love to have dinner on the balcony or even inside our cabin, when we have a suite on HAL. On X, the standard cabins are too small inside to make this enjoyable, IME. And I dislike having my main course get cold when I enjoy my salad.

I have grown to care less and less about the dining room "experience". As the dress in the dining room becomes more casual and service levels decline due to staff cuts, I am just as happy these days with room service, dining in port when schedule permits or enjoying the specialty dining rooms. I never thought I would say that, but it's true. The dining room experience used to be a highlight of the day, but that is no longer true for me with a few exceptions. :(

When we book our first choice, aft corner suites, we invite friends as well to dine with us as the balconies are plenty large as are the tables.

Believe us, we cannot afford a suite at this time. We enjoyed dinner on our AFT balcony and had the time of our lives. We had so much room, it was great. It mattered not that we were served all at once. We just ate the hot food first and followed it by the cold items.

You don't have to get dressed up (or even at all if that is your thing) to enjoy dinner in the privacy of your balcony. Go for it, you won't be sorry you did.

Thanks for all the input. We will have an extra large cc balcony on deck 6 and think it is about time we relaxed and enjoyed dinner casually. It's good to hear all the positives. We have always enjoyed breakfast on our balcony but dinner will be a new experience.

Thanks for all the input. We will have an extra large cc balcony on deck 6 and think it is about time we relaxed and enjoyed dinner casually. It's good to hear all the positives. We have always enjoyed breakfast on our balcony but dinner will be a new experience.

Sounds great! Our CC balcony on Century was really small :( and not very conducive to dining.

Hi

if you have a large Balcony it´s great. I had a CC on Infinity, great for breakfeast outsite, eben with the little extra you get for breakfeast in CC. I just thought it a little narrow to have a full dinner there, the aft cabins------ different storry.

I loved to have my breakfeast on the balcony.

Greetings

Michael

Archived