For those waiting on your Passports~

For those of you waiting on your passports to come in the mail.....my husband and I applied on March 14th and we just received them yesterday. It took ours 14 1/2 weeks.

I recently did an expedited renewal of my passport and I received it 13 days from the day that I mailed it.

Did you ever check on the passport website to seee if the status was there? I am just curious because it tells me that my passport isnot found everyday that I search. I applied the 14th of April

Hello, fellow Iowan! :) I'm about 2.5 hours east of you, right on the Mississippi.

In answer to your question, my fiance and I both applied at the same time on April 9. Both checks are cashed, mine shows as processing; his still is not found. I don't know why, but you're not alone! :)

Did you ever check on the passport website to seee if the status was there? I am just curious because it tells me that my passport isnot found everyday that I search. I applied the 14th of April

If i were you i would call or send an email and make sure that they have your applications! If you applied over 8 weeks ago, they should be showing up by now. I WILL say that I was told by someone one time when i called that they update the website periodically, but that for the most part it is not a very reliable way to keep up with your application. In YOUR case, if you have checked all this time and it has never given you a processing #, you need to find out what is going on. I know they are very busy, but you need to make sure that they actually have your applications!!

Thanks for the update. We applied the last week of March and are traveling July 21. I know that we actually don't need them for our trip, but they have my kid's birth certificates. :(

To be on the safe side, you may want to go ahead and get additional certified copies of your BC, just in case you don't get your passports before your trip! I read another thread where the lady did not get one of their BC's back when the passports came.:eek:

We applied the first week of April and are still waiting for them to arrive. My daughter and I applied at one location three days after my husbnad. Our applications had a status online three weeks before my husbands showed up. We were getting very worried and sent an email asking for a status, never received a reply. I had to contact the department of vital statics in the state I was born in for a birth certificate as I only had a registration of birth not an actual birth certificate. Fortunately, they only take one week to do their job as we sail on July 1.

Hello, fellow Iowan! :) I'm about 2.5 hours east of you, right on the Mississippi.

In answer to your question, my fiance and I both applied at the same time on April 9. Both checks are cashed, mine shows as processing; his still is not found. I don't know why, but you're not alone! :)

Well, I am certain that they recieved it due to my check being cashed!!!! However, I should call I guess this week. We don't sail until September.

Luvmytbear-How do you like this awesome weather? Not too hot and sticky yet huh? I am sure that it is coming though!!!!!

Well, I am certain that they recieved it due to my check being cashed!!!! However, I should call I guess this week. We don't sail until September.

Luvmytbear-How do you like this awesome weather? Not too hot and sticky yet huh? I am sure that it is coming though!!!!!

We don't sail until December, so if I have to wait 8 1/2 months for my passport, someone will be hearing about it! :D Good luck trying to reach a human being. Many others have posted and said that if you aren't two weeks away from travel, they won't talk to you. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully I won't have to.

I haven't been out yet today, but it was supposed to be in the 90's today. I was enjoying it while it lasted though!

We applied at the end of March - still waiting. We leave on August 5th so I guess there's still time. I have another copy of DD's birth certificate but not an extra for DH or me. It looks like I can get birth certificates in a week if needed. Had to write my Mom to ask her a couple of questions about my birth! I don't know the name of the hospital!:p

I just don't understand why some people who applied later than others already have their passport. Shouldn't it be first in first out? :confused:

I called early today. They answered in about 5-10 minutes. When I tried calling at night, it took 45 minutes for them to answer.

If you call, and are told to try back later, dial 9-3-1 and you will be put back in the queue. I had to do it about 3-4 times when I called and it works.

Anyway, I applied March 20 and still nothing. The website still says processing. It will be 14 weeks tomorrow. :eek:

We applied at the end of March - still waiting. We leave on August 5th so I guess there's still time. I have another copy of DD's birth certificate but not an extra for DH or me. It looks like I can get birth certificates in a week if needed. Had to write my Mom to ask her a couple of questions about my birth! I don't know the name of the hospital!:p

I just don't understand why some people who applied later than others already have their passport. Shouldn't it be first in first out? :confused:

I think it depends on which processing center the applications go to. My daughter and I applied feb 22nd for our trip to Europe and got the passports June 6th, while another person in our group applied 2 weeks after we did, yet his application went to a different processing center and he got his passport before we did! Our passports processed in Houston and that is why ours took so long! Also if people apply now and expedite, they will get theirs sooner than those that applied and are still waiting!!

We applied April 2nd at the P.O. I called diligently everyday (and used the 9-3-1 method, which always got me through). Called yesterday at 4:30, was not even put on hold. She said she would email N.H. to pull and mail them and call me back with the tracking #. "Right:D " I thought to myself. Actually did not expect a call and received one at 8:30am. GAVE ME THE TRACKING #! WOO HOO! We leave for the Liberty Friday. Just be persistent and I think being extra nice is a plus. I schmoozed everyone I spoke with. DO NOT expect your congressman to get this done. They will not even call me back or email me.

We just got back from Adventure of the Seas and had a blast except for one major nightmare. We ordered passports for everyone and they all came a few days before we left except for my 12 year old son (over 13 weeks to process). After speaking to our travel agent and looking on the US Passport website, it seemed as though we only needed the proof of application. WRONG! If you are cutting it close and think you may not receive it in time, go and get another certified birth certificate. There were numerous people in our same situation that were all turned away. It was very expensive for them to get this corrected and they missed 2-4 days worth of the cruise.

We applied today, 6-25, for a renewal and are traveling Sept 12,2007. We wrote expidite on the envelope and our travel date. Our post office advised us to send it certified, return recipt required. We also included proof of our upcoming flight and cruise to prove our travel dates. Lets hope it doesn't take more than 8 weeks.

We just got back from Adventure of the Seas and had a blast except for one major nightmare. We ordered passports for everyone and they all came a few days before we left except for my 12 year old son (over 13 weeks to process). After speaking to our travel agent and looking on the US Passport website, it seemed as though we only needed the proof of application. WRONG! If you are cutting it close and think you may not receive it in time, go and get another certified birth certificate. There were numerous people in our same situation that were all turned away. It was very expensive for them to get this corrected and they missed 2-4 days worth of the cruise.

If you had bothered to read the US Govt. passprt web site you would know that the accomodation ONLY applies to people reentering the US by air from certain specified locations. No where on RCCL's website does it say that you can cruise without a passport or certified copy of your birth certificate.

We applied today, 6-25, for a renewal and are traveling Sept 12,2007. We wrote expidite on the envelope and our travel date. Our post office advised us to send it certified, return recipt required. We also included proof of our upcoming flight and cruise to prove our travel dates. Lets hope it doesn't take more than 8 weeks.

As I mentioned earlier, my expedited renewal took 13 days. When I checked the web site, it did not show up as expedited though!

I just applied for my daughter's passport this past Saturday. The clerk there told me that a new large processing office had just opened in Arkansas the previous week. She said that some of the new applications would be sent there from all of the other offices to help them catch up with the backlog of applications. Hopefully this new office will help to decrease the processing time.

Archived