Photographers - Pictures

Krazy Kruizers

Either I saw a couple doing this, or someone mentioned it to me. As much as I despise the photographers, I think this is wrong. They are doing the work and providing the product; if you want it, you should pay for it.

I never found them to be pushy at all.

Yes they hold up the line when you are trying to get off in port, but as far as any where else on the ship, if we didn't want to stop and have our picture taken , we just walked on by.

My last cruise was GFs and my first cruise together, so we did have one nice portrait taken on formal night. Also we traveled with several other couples so we bought the group photo of all of us at the table.

Things like that are nice, but I never buy the "port of call" pics or anything like that.

The photograhers have never gotten in my way. We always encourage the group picture at the table and always buy it. Often we wave them away for the other shots and have not gotten an attitude from them.

When they charged $5 for the 5x7 I usually bought 8 or 10 of them. Now I buy 2 or 3. So they made more money in the past. As you all say, they develop them anyway so why not sell more for less? Makes no sense to me at all.

If I want a head shot of DH, I take it myself!!!:rolleyes:

And we NEVER wait in line for a formal shot anymore. We have a wonderful one from 5 years ago. I look better, DH looks better and we just leave it at that:D .

"grabbed his arm pulling on him" That is awful. They best never put a hand on me. No one touches me without my permission and I am not shy about telling those who put a hand on me for any reason to kindly remove it now!!

Grabbing a person's arm and pulling on him is assaultive. IMO

Sail:

I think she thought he wouldn't mind - he did, but didn't say anything other than, "we're not interested" - she wasn't listening, just kept propelling him to the line - he just kept walking and so did we. I was pretty surprised that they did that - now we just try and walk faster before we can be coralled by the photog staff.

Your husband is a very polite gentleman.....that Photographer's Assistant is lucky he is.

IMO, it is inexcusable and totally unacceptable for her to put a hand on anyone in an attempt to encourage them to pose for a photo.

Glad I have never been approached quite as vigorously as that.

Your husband is a very polite gentleman.....that Photographer's Assistant is lucky he is.

IMO, it is inexcusable and totally unacceptable for her to put a hand on anyone in an attempt to encourage them to pose for a photo.

Glad I have never been approached quite as vigorously as that.

Sail-

He tries :) We have tons of cruise photos, I don't even mind the fact that they are pretty pricey. We now just have more than we need or want.

I think it was Heather who posted something I can relate too - we looked good back then and like the pictures we have... why change them? :)

I think the photogs must think everyone is a first time cruiser, looking to get photos - which is fine, but not the case for us - and it seems they get pushier and pushier, IMO. The staff on the Maasdam last April were pretty aggressive.

I go to NYC quite a bit and very block you walk there is someone trying to sell you something, trying to slip a handbill in your hand , or trying to hit you up for a handout .

You have to look straight ahead, hands at your sides and just keep walking *LOL*

Tom- I agree, that the photographers should be paid for their work. I have been on two cruises, and *both* times I saw people doing what I mentioned earlier, taking digital pictuers of the printed photograph. I just can't believe that anybody would be *that* cheap!! :rolleyes: And to do it in public, and not even appear to be ashamed about it!! :eek: Then again, they're probably the same people who go and ask to have their tips removed from their bill!

Archived