I can't believe I just did this!

PlaneJoy

We booked a outside guarentee for our cabin next month on the fascination. Well, we got our cabin assignment from the TA and the more I thought about it the more I really didn't like the location (R166). Nothing particularly wrong with the location, just not where I wanted or had hoped to be.

So I emailed the TA and asked how much an upgrade would be. She got back to me that the next thing available was a Catagory 12. The price seemed right, especially since the trip is already paid for, so I went for it! We will be in a BALCONY SUITE! I can't believe it!

Is this crazy or what!

Is there anything special that comes with these suites?

Now, I REALLY can't wait!

Happy Travels,

Well the suites do come with a priorty check in- its called the skippers club. You wont have to wait behind us other people. thats the only perk there is.

I booked a garantee for OCtober- I was searching cabins and found I didnt like my cabin where it was located.. and asked to be downgraded--i was told NO. (LOL good for you--

Skippers Club.

A significantly larger cabin w/ sitting area. Bar area (unstocked). Mini-fridge (unstocked).

Full tub w/ whirlpool jets.

One of the few balconies on a Fantasy-Class ship.

We were invited to dine with the Captain on Formal night...whether that is special or not is entirely up to you;)

Which reminds me of what the Lady Astor once said when declining an invitation to dine with the Captain: "Why would *I* want to eat with the hired help?"

Which reminds me of what the Lady Astor once said when declining an invitation to dine with the Captain: "Why would *I* want to eat with the hired help?"
I'm with Lady Astor...LOL...could've survived without the Skippers Club and the jacuzzi tub also!!:p

I know what you mean...........we decided to make ourselves suffer and booked a cat 12 on the Inspiration for Dec 2, 2004. Before my last cruise I was told by booking a balcony I couldn't go back to an inside or a plain oceanview. I have to agree, I can't fathom the though of no balcony. I fell in love with hearing the ocean as we sailed, plus opening the balcony door drowns out hubby's snoring :D .

We booked a outside guarentee for our cabin next month on the fascination. Well, we got our cabin assignment from the TA and the more I thought about it the more I really didn't like the location (R166). Nothing particularly wrong with the location, just not where I wanted or had hoped to be.

So I emailed the TA and asked how much an upgrade would be. She got back to me that the next thing available was a Catagory 12. The price seemed right, especially since the trip is already paid for, so I went for it! We will be in a BALCONY SUITE! I can't believe it!

Is this crazy or what!

Now, I REALLY can't wait!

Happy Travels,

If you booked guarantee, how did you get your cabin assignment? I'm booked as a guaranty on the same ship as you through Carnival. I'd love to know where I'm going to be or maybe even consider paying for an upgrade (eek!)

If you booked as a gaurantee you will now find your cabin asignment 7-8 weeks before you go. You can find this information online when you register at carnivals web page. then register your cruise.. (top right hand corner) you will need a booking number. Your agent should have that information for you also at that time. Once your cabin is assigned there is no more changing.

Being invited to the captains table would be okay with me... seeing as I have never met the captain (other than the formal picture thing at the cocktail party) before.

Maybe next time I would decline to "eat with the hired help."

We actually had our cabin assignment almost immediately. Of course we only booked about 7 weeks out so that probably had something to do with it. I was surprised not to have our new cabin assignment, but I think I figured it out. I need to look today and see if maybe its there.

Archived