Conversation with Customer Service

ragwing

As you may or may not know, my wife and I had an initial conversation with Azamara customer service earlier in the week. It was a fine conversation and we related our experiences, both good and not so good, in a balanced way.

The upshot was the representitive wanted to know if she could pass our comments along to the next "higher up" who would give us a call. Surely, we would love it.

Well, yesterday we recevied a call from a VERY nice woman explaining who she was and what information and feedback she would like to get from us, do we have a monent?

The moment turned into the better part of an hour as we related some of the nicer points of our cruise and some of the areas we thought lacking.

To each point, she asked questions, what might have been better and thanking us for remembering the good as well! We all had a little chuckle over that one as I'm sure she hears all the negative and harsh assessments day in and day out.

I was impressed that she was PREPARED!

Her questions were well though out and she asked if we would mind making our comments known to the hotel management and the ships captain? Would we mind another call in the future to further refine some of the points?

She wondered what it might take to have us sail Azamara again in the future and truly speaking, based on her interview technique, I would have gone that day. LOL!! We just said that perhaps in the future we would like to try again.

She promised a call back with news of improvements made. HOLY SMOKES -

I couldn't have asked for a nicer hour.

It's nice to know there is still a "personal" side to the cruise industry. We're Elite CC and leave on the Millie in two weeks but we've also booked the Quest for the Carib. in Jan. because we love these small ships and have been very satisfied with our past Celebrity cruises. I hope they continue to personally monitor our experiences and weigh both the positive and the negative feedback to further improve the product. Thanks for taking the time to interact with them in a patient, evenhanded manner...it gets tiresome hearing only one-sided ranting on these boards! Best wishes for future 'smooth sailing'!

Thanks all!

I to felt somewhat relieved by the conversation as in my opinion, customer service across the board, regardless of industry is sinking rapidly.

I truly hope she does call back!!!

Thanks all!

I to felt somewhat relieved by the conversation as in my opinion, customer service across the board, regardless of industry is sinking rapidly.

I truly hope she does call back!!!

appearing to CARE. As RCL stockholders and ardent cruiseship lovers (most of them), it is good to hear that there really is some excellent customer service out there. By the way, the RCL stock has gone up $ 8 per share since we bought it in July '08, and we have already been given $600 shareholder's shipboard credit on our Jewel ot Seas and Summit

cruises. Not a bad return, we'd say.

We have faith in Azamara and have already booked the Quest for Jan '08 and Jan '09.

It is customers like you who take the time to point out good along with the bad that helps growing companies to flourish.

Kudoos to you....and to the caring Azamara staff.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We sail in November, hopefully some the suggestions will be in place by then....we'll see. We'll have a good time no doubt but it would be nice to see these negative comments go away!

Happy Sailing.

Luckyladym:

How did you get $600 off on two cruises? The maximum benefit for shareholders is $250 for a 14 night or more cruise. Just curious if I'm missing the boat somewhere.

Our cruise on the Jewel was a backtoback so we got $ 100 for the Caribbean segment and $ 250 for the transatlantic portion. We got the other $ 250 on the Summit, 14 days to Hawaii.

Of course, I meant that we purchased the stock in July of '06 not '08....sorry for that goof.

Marilyn

Kudoos to you....and to the caring Azamara staff.

Thanks LuckyLadyM.

I reallyenjoyed our Azamara cruise back on May 26th.

I guess with anything new, it takes time to shake out the bugs and get the product smooth.

Here's to hoping they continue to prosper!!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We sail in November, hopefully some the suggestions will be in place by then....we'll see. We'll have a good time no doubt but it would be nice to see these negative comments go away!

Happy Sailing.

I truly would like to hear your assessment post cruise, I'm sure things will turn around for Azamara.

Truly speaking, after our conversation I would have booked another Azamara cruise directly just based on the representatives demeanor!:)

Well, yesterday we recevied a call from a VERY nice woman explaining who she was and what information and feedback she would like to get from us, do we have a monent?

Jim,

Thank you for sharing your experience in dealing with Celebrity/Azamara customer service personnel. In the past, we have had neutral experiences with Celebrity in this regard - the folks we dealt with were just o.k. - not too bad, but not very good either - polite but not all that helpful or concerned.

We are booked for the Quest on 11/24 and we will be communicating with them regarding a few special (but not in the least insurmountable) requests. I hope we get connected to the same person you dealt with.

Please forgive my terrible spelling - just not my forte.

John :)

P.S. We are former Morris Cty residents having lived in Parsippany, Mt. Lakes, and Roxbury (Ledgewood) while having numerous ties, professionally and socially, with Mt. Olive, Denville and Morristown.

Jim,

P.S. We are former Morris Cty residents having lived in Parsippany, Mt. Lakes, and Roxbury (Ledgewood) while having numerous ties, professionally and socially, with Mt. Olive, Denville and Morristown.

Hey John!

Hope all goes as smoothly for you as it did my wife and I.

Glad to see So many Morris County residents, past and present on this board!:)

Archived