Bridge of the Statendam

maxout

We toured the bridge of the Statendam on our cruise (Vancouver to New Zealand ) Oct. 2006. We weren't "special". Any passenger interested could sign up for the bridge tour. Many passengers took advantage. We were given a time and taken up in small groups. It was very informative. Yes, we were allowed to take pictures.

I was also on the Statendam last October, lots of folk signed up to visit the bridge, we didn't bother as have been on the bridge of many ships in the past.

I think it was allowed because it was a long cruise and there was a lot more time with long sea days on two legs of the voyage,

I was also on the Statendam last October, lots of folk signed up to visit the bridge, we didn't bother as have been on the bridge of many ships in the past.

I think it was allowed because it was a long cruise and there was a lot more time with long sea days on two legs of the voyage,

I've been on cruises with HAL of up to 30 days. So far, I haven't been able to snag a bridge tour.

Hopefully things are changing now and Captains are beginning to open their bridges to guests again ... as was the case before 9-11.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived