Vigo, Spain

Len3

The most important site in this area is Santiago de Campostela. Due to the limited time in port a tour seems advisable but public transportation would also be available. If you search on this forum you will find more details.

We are also in port from 10am to 5pm. We rented a caar and plan to drive to Santiago where I hired a tour guide so that we will be able to maximize our time. I imagine we will get to Santiago by 11:30...perhaps even earlier! The guide has assured us that the drive is only an hour, but I like to include extra time! We arranged to meet at 11:30....giving us time at the car rental company...hertz is steps away from the port...we will take a taxi so as not to waste time by getting lost! We will tour for 3 hoursrs and be back in the car by 2:30. We will get back to no later than 4:00..and on the ship by 4:30. Close BUT I think safe!

Karen

We are also in port from 10am to 5pm. We rented a caar and plan to drive to Santiago where I hired a tour guide so that we will be able to maximize our time. I imagine we will get to Santiago by 11:30...perhaps even earlier! The guide has assured us that the drive is only an hour, but I like to include extra time! We arranged to meet at 11:30....giving us time at the car rental company...hertz is steps away from the port...we will take a taxi so as not to waste time by getting lost! We will tour for 3 hoursrs and be back in the car by 2:30. We will get back to no later than 4:00..and on the ship by 4:30. Close BUT I think safe!

Karen

Hi Karen,

Could you give me some idea of the cost of car hire in Vigo.

Thanks

:)Happy cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

I would be happy to share. We are using Hertz. We are paying 44E. Make sure to call there international numer...they charge less. 1-800-654-3001. I also asked about the location of the rental office. There are 2. The one at Arenal 104 is closer to the ship. I hope that helps!

Karen

I would be happy to share. We are using Hertz. We are paying 44E. Make sure to call there international numer...they charge less. 1-800-654-3001. I also asked about the location of the rental office. There are 2. The one at Arenal 104 is closer to the ship. I hope that helps!

Karen

Karen

Thank you:D

We are there on 7th November with Oriana and I think we will follow your example.:D

Thanks again

:)Happy cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

We're just back from Vigo and we had a lovely time - the people are so friendly.

We walked up to the Cathedral in the old town and did some shopping - if you looking for some nice tapas and wine you must go to Casa Samaniego, some of the nicest people we've ever met !!

If you go - please say hi to them from the people from Belfast !!

jj.......

Archived