Wine and Dine package on the Brilliance. . .

cei3

Has anyone done this on the Brilliance? Is it much of a savings over individual ordering of wine? If you visit the other dining rooms, does the package follow with you to the other dining rooms? Thanks!

The wine and dine is a wine package that can be purchased on the first day. You get a bottle of wine a night, they do have a special menu to pick from so I suggest looking over the menu to make sure there is a couple that you like. It has always been worth it for my Husband and myself. I did hear (but have not confirmed) that the price was raised so with that not sure if it is still worth it. And yes it does follow you from one dining location to the other, we used it in CHOPS both times that we dined there. Hope that helps!

You may want to double check on the policy of using the wine package in Chops/Portofino. Don't know if the policies are different on various ships but we were on the Jewel in June and were told we could not use our wine and dine package there, only in the main dining room. It was only after my husband called to cancel our reservations and explained why that they agreed to letting us use it. We had to tell them in advance which wine we wanted so they could make sure it was there for us. The reason we were given was that the wine selection is supposedly different in those restaurants than on the wine and dine package. We suggested that they could let you use credit for the wine/dine package against purchasing one of their wine selections.

Puma- Yes, the package will save a bit versus buying by the bottle. RCI's wine prices are ridiculous! I hope they are still offering a wine and dine package on all ships. I have read various opinions that not all ships are doing this. We are on NOS in a bit over a week, so we will cross our fingers!

We buy the package with another couple....then split the price....it serves enough for us to have one glass with dinner and a bit extra...yes it goes with you to Chops/Portofino's etc. You have a menu to choose from...we let the other always choose they know than we do...we like it all...sound like a lush don't I????

Anyways...works for us.

Lou

Anyone know the price for an 11 day cruise?

We bought the package on our 7 night last September and split it with our friends. Just enough for us. We were given a voucher that we took to Portofino and were able to get our bottle there as well.

On our Mariner cruise this past month, we decided not to get the package since no one else wnated to share. We ended up getting wine by the glass a couple of nights and it really adds up!

So, let me get this straight. The package is a bottle of wine a night. So, if I'm on a 10 day, thats 10 bottles. And, if we're with another couple, we can split that so that each of us gets 5 bottles? What is the approximate price of this type of package? And, how much is it usually per bottle? I guess I'm talking about your standard zinfandel or fairly cheap wines. I'm assuming they would have some tiered pricing for more expensive wines?

Kimq,

Have a great cruise next week! If you can, please give us a trip report. Tell us about Portofino's (Murder Mystery night) and Chops. And how is the coffee? And what us the wine package? Bon Voyage on your Med cruise!

Archived