NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

[quote name='TVLady3']UPDATE: I called my travel agent today 3/9th and was told the $500 certificate was applied on 3/3 so now have a balance of only $561. And I received a updated invoice e-mail confirmation!:D I'm very happy!:)
I was also told that I could send in the 4 upgrade certificates that I have for another $40 off, I think I will.:p[/QUOTE]

So the upgrade certs are not worthless, after all.......... :D! They are worth ten whole bucks! Well, that is better than nothing. :) I think since they ended the program, it would've been nice if they made them worth $100... but $10 is certainly better than nothing. ;).

I am trying to get some compass rewards reissued in my name and/or my husband's name for my upcoming cruise in August. He is not going on this one. He is the primary on the account but I am an authorized user. I did not realize there might be a problem until I started reading these boards.

I was instructed by the resolution dept. to send copies of the rewards with a letter and they would be reissued in 7-10 days. I has been over 2 weeks so I called again today. Now they are telling me it will be 4-6 weeks until I hear from them at all. My final deposit is due in May.

Anyone else have experience with this? It is so frustrating. We have Capital One rewards and we can do about anything with them. It just seems like they want you to jump through hoops and lose interest in using the compass rewards.

Thanks for any advice I can get.

I am trying to get some compass rewards reissued in my name and/or my name and my husband's name for my upcoming cruise in August. He is not going on this one. He is the primary on the account but I am an authorized user. I did not realize there might be a problem until I started reading these boards.

I was instructed by the resolution dept. to send copies of the rewards with a letter and they would be reissued in 7-10 days. I has been over 2 weeks so I called again today. Now they are telling me it will be 4-6 weeks until I hear from them at all. My final deposit is due in May.

Anyone else have experience with this? It is so frustrating. We have Capital One rewards and we can do about anything with them. It just seems like they want you to jump through hoops and lose interest in using the compass rewards.

Thanks for any advice I can get.

[quote name='riddle']I am trying to get some compass rewards reissued in my name and/or my name and my husband's name for my upcoming cruise in August. He is not going on this one. He is the primary on the account but I am an authorized user. I did not realize there might be a problem until I started reading these boards.

Thanks for any advice I can get.[/QUOTE]

I cannot speak to the reissuing part of all of this. However, I, and mnay others on this board, have paid for a cruise in full, and then had the credit card credited once the certificates were applied. I do not know if they will do this now that the program has ended, nor do I know if they would do it after the final payment date. Sorry I can't be of more hlep.

IMHO, use the Capital One card from now one, the rewards are better, now that the Compass Rewards program has ended, and more flexible, as you have already noted.

[quote name='TVLady3']I booked this thru NCL Harrah's. I have a $1061. balance on my guest copy confirmation, won't the $500 come off of that or will they credit my credit card?:confused:[/quote]
Hi TVLady3,
How did you get them to give you both credits? Everytime I call the NCL Harrah's number they tell me that they only accept 1 discount either 500 off from the creditcard or the Harrah's promotion. Thanks, Kim

[quote name='kimdakruiser']Hi TVLady3,
How did you get them to give you both credits? Everytime I call the NCL Harrah's number they tell me that they only accept 1 discount either 500 off from the creditcard or the Harrah's promotion. Thanks, Kim[/QUOTE]

Just my 2 cents, as I am not familiar with Harrah's, but the Compass Rewards should not be counted as a "discount" or "promotion". They are a form of payment, and should not affect any other promotions you may be able to obtain. :) Hope that helps a little.

How did you get them to give you both credits? Everytime I call the NCL Harrah's number they tell me that they only accept 1 discount either 500 off from the creditcard or the Harrah's promotion. Thanks, Kim[/quote]

I have not applied the upgrade certificates yet, only the $500 off. I was told this from my NCL rep. that I could if I wanted to send in the upgrade ones and get an additional $40 off or save them for my next cruise.
Seems like some reps. say yes others say no.:confused:

How did you get them to give you both credits? Everytime I call the NCL Harrah's number they tell me that they only accept 1 discount either 500 off from the creditcard or the Harrah's promotion. Thanks, Kim[/quote]

Oh, and the $500 off came off my invoice balance, it was not applied to my credit card. I received a 10% discount for being a platinum total rewards member when I booked back in Oct. and at this time the same cruise and same cat. is almost $500 more then what I got it for.:D And I got $100 OBC to boot!

Thinking about the Emigrantdirect.com World Mastercard. You must have an on-line savings account. I do and the rate at 2% APY is better than my bank.

No minimum balance required. Open it up as a cruise vacation account.

o No annual fee for account holders.
o Up to 1.40% cash back on all your purchases.†
o Rebates deposited directly into your EmigrantDirect AmericanDream Savings Account twice annually**
o 0% Introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months*
o No cap to your cash back potential
o PLUS... Great MasterCard® benefits
o Access your account 24/7 at [url]www.servicemycard.com[/url]

When I get around to it. :rolleyes: Right now I'm just using my existing Discover and DisneyVisa cards at only around 1%.

[quote name='gsc500']Thinking about the Emigrantdirect.com World Mastercard. You must have an on-line savings account. I do and the rate at 2% APY is better than my bank.

No minimum balance required. Open it up as a cruise vacation account.

o No annual fee for account holders.
o Up to 1.40% cash back on all your purchases.†
o Rebates deposited directly into your EmigrantDirect AmericanDream Savings Account twice annually**
o 0% Introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months*
o No cap to your cash back potential
o PLUS... Great MasterCard® benefits
o Access your account 24/7 at [url]www.servicemycard.com[/url]

When I get around to it. :rolleyes: Right now I'm just using my existing Discover and DisneyVisa cards at only around 1%.[/QUOTE]

Grace sounds nice BUT I did a lot of research hours :rolleyes: and found that the 2% NO hassel Master Card worked out to a lot more benefits. I posted info a few post back. CBeeze gave lots of info on it oo.

I was using my Disney card at the 1% and hated to buy anything. I got my card Sat. and we went shopping to start earning points. :D

Good luck what ever you decide.

[quote name='judyf']Grace sounds nice BUT I did a lot of research hours :rolleyes: and found that the 2% NO hassel Master Card worked out to a lot more benefits. I posted info a few post back. CBeeze gave lots of info on it oo.

I was using my Disney card at the 1% and hated to buy anything. I got my card Sat. and we went shopping to start earning points. :D

Good luck what ever you decide.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Judy. That's a better deal if you make lots of charges in order to offset the annual charge.

I prefer the no annual charge cards just in case I don't charge as much. I do tend to rotate cards every once in a while. Edited by gsc500

I noticed a few of you have mailed in certificates with return receipt requested. The address on the back of thecertificate is a PO box. Is there another address? I have two $500 I want to send in on the cruise I just booked.

BTW,
I haven't followed this thread since January when everything was switching over. What's the consensus opinion for a good rewards card to replace the old compass card Edited by asylum575

I noticed a few of you have mailed in certificates with return receipt requested. The address on the back of thecertificate is a PO box. Is there another address? I have two $500 I want to send in on the cruise I just booked.

BTW,

I haven't followed this thread since January when everything was switching over. What's the consensus opinion for a good rewards card to replace the old compass card

I have mailed my certs to the PO Box with return reciept in the past ( I believe I used certified mail which was about $15 and included insurnace and had to be signed for, but could be tracked the entire way). Many people on this board have used this address:

Attn: Accounting

Norwegian Cruise Lines

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

This seems to make more sense, however I have never mailed to this address in the past.

I have found for flexibility and the best rewards right now, the Capital One No Hassel Master Card for UltraProfessionals to be the best all around choice for me. It really depends on what kind of rewards you want, and what kind of monthly charges you have. I liked this card, even though there is a $39 annual fee :(, because you can earn 2% on everything you charge, and the points can be used for just about anything (including cruises :D and cash back). With many of the travel reward cards, the points can only be used for air/hotel. We will compliment this card with a Costco Amex, because we shop at Costco and they only take Amex, and we will use that card only at Costco, for gas, and when dining out, since gas and dining earn 3%. That is a cashback card, and you get a check once a year, which you must cash or use at Costco. You really have to research, and find out what works best for your situation. ;) Of course all the card companies are changing all their rewards programs now, so nothing is locked in stone..... :(Good luck! ;)

Thanks Cbreeze,

We charge around 3-4k a month, so we build up points quick. We maxed out on the old Compass card in 8 months last year, thern built up some points on the GM card. 2% is OK. Better than 1%. I had the Icruise card before the compass card and that was great.

I booked an NCL cruise through an online travel agent, and called to make arrangements to make the final payment today. I was told that they charged a $39 fee for using the NCL Compass Rewards certificates (even if I mailed them directly to NCL) and that these certificates could only be applied to the travel portion of the cruise, not the taxes/fees portion of the total bill. I have never encountered this before. Has anyone else?

I called NCL, and they said that they didn't charge a redemption fee, and were unaware of any travel agents doing so. I don't recall what NCL said about the Compass Rewards points not applying to taxes and fees. In my past experience using the Rewards points, they applied to the total cruise bill.

Thanks Cbreeze,

We charge around 3-4k a month, so we build up points quick. We maxed out on the old Compass card in 8 months last year, thern built up some points on the GM card. 2% is OK. Better than 1%. I had the Icruise card before the compass card and that was great.

Our charges are about the same. Look into the Capital One card I mentioned. You can book any travel anywhere, as long as it shows up as travel on the statement, and then just use your points to credit back your card within 60-90 days from the posting date (I am not sure if it is 60 or 90, so check that). I am trying to stay away from affinity cards (NCL/GM/United, etc) We already have a United card from years ago with lots of miles, that we have yet to use, and of course, you never know what companies will be left standing in a year or two.

Capital One No Hassle MilesSM Ultra for Professionals

Annual fee-$39

2 miles per $1 spent on purchases

Miles Redemption Info for Travel:

Simply add two zeros to the price of your travel purchase, then trade in that number of miles to pay for it.

Examples: $180 flight = 18,000 miles

$100 hotel room = 10,000 miles

Travel easy with No Hassle MilesSM

Book your travel any way you choose

Use your card for airfare, cruise tickets, hotel stays, or rental cars from ANY website or travel agency.

Redeem your miles

Redeem your miles online or by phone to get reimbursed for your purchase.

Receive a statement credit

Your account will be credited for the purchase, and you will see that credit on your statement.

The choice is yours. Redeem your miles for:

Travel: Enjoy using your miles for flights, hotel stays, cruises, car rentals, and all other travel purchases.

Merchandise: Get name-brand electronics, sporting equipment, and more.

Charitable Donations: Donate your miles—it always feels good to help.

Statement Credit: You can also use your miles to pay for other non-travel purchases you've made with your Capital One® Card.

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/details/?sol=10891&tc=3&credit=0&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD_TGUNS05_CCPM_C2_02_T_CP89103EW

I have told so many people about this card, I should be getting a commision! :D

I booked an NCL cruise through an online travel agent, and called to make arrangements to make the final payment today. I was told that they charged a $39 fee for using the NCL Compass Rewards certificates (even if I mailed them directly to NCL) and that these certificates could only be applied to the travel portion of the cruise, not the taxes/fees portion of the total bill. I have never encountered this before. Has anyone else?

I called NCL, and they said that they didn't charge a redemption fee, and were unaware of any travel agents doing so. I don't recall what NCL said about the Compass Rewards points not applying to taxes and fees. In my past experience using the Rewards points, they applied to the total cruise bill.

Not sure about the taxes and fees part (I do not recall running into that problem when we booked directly with NCL), but they should not be charging you to use the certs! If you have enough time, tell them that you will send them to NCL directly and NCL will prepare a new invoice. If they still insist that they will charge you, I would make it clear that you will not use that agency in the future if they do, and that you are an active member on these boards! I suppose it is their right to charge a fee if they process them, but if they charge you when you are not even asking them to handle the certs...... :((

Edited by c breeze

I just had a phone call from BofA thanking me for having the NCL card!!! The woman started going on about all the benefits of the card and seemed shocked when I told her that I stopped using it when they changed the rewards program!

I just had a phone call from BofA thanking me for having the NCL card!!! The woman started going on about all the benefits of the card and seemed shocked when I told her that I stopped using it when they changed the rewards program!

I am guessing the a lot of people are using it less or not at all.... I am wondering if we will all be getting a call like this. It would be a good time to express our displeasure with the change from Compass Rewards to WorldPoints.... not that they are going to change anything in this economic climate. Most card programs are cutting back on rewards, or making them harder to use. :( Still there a much better cards out there now, than WorldPoints! :D

Edited by c breeze
Add

Unless the call was taped or the rep had to report the responses to her calls, I can't imagine that my comments were heard by anyone with any input on the rewards program. I understand that times are tough and it was probably a good financial decision for them to reduce the benefits---but I resent them promoting the change as exciting and better as if we weren't going to figure out the reality as soon as we read the terms. An honest explanation would have been more respectful, although probably not any more popular! All in all, I'm glad to have $1000 toward my next cruise!

My goodness, this thread sure has quieted down, I guess everyone has received thier compass reward certificates. Hope so, best to everyone.:)

Yes... you are right about that! I am wondering what cards everyone decided on.... :D