Azamara including airfare after mid 2008?

kk99

Hi everyone,

I met with a Celebrity representative today who was meeting with my travel agent about some group bookings. The representative stated that Azamara was going to be including the airfare rolled into the price of the trip, or if you opted out of the air, then you would receive some sort of credit. Has anyone heard of this more all inclusive pricing for mid 2008 and beyond? Clearly on the website, it specifically does not include the air transportation in the price of the cruise. This if true might make some of the exotic sailings more accessible if Azamara gets discounts on their air programs. Also, something I didn't know, is that Celebrity has a special program for "high rollers" who get all sorts of benefits and credits on their sailings. I have no idea how much the person has to gamble, but I would think it is a significant amount. If anyone has any information on the all inclusive pricing, please post back.

Have a good afternoon,

k.k.

Air inclusive pricing is out now. The best way to price is not online. Not all the software which runs the vairous online booking engines is calculating these air inclusve fares.. or cruise only correctly.

So call your favorite ta or Azamara directly.

BTW these air inclusive fares are capacity controlled and may be withdrawn at any time.

Since they seem to be on the Oceania Light plan, I'm wondering if they aren't talking about moving towards marketing their cruises with air inclusive pricing. Many of the promotional e-mails I receive from Oceania are priced with air.

Of course, upon further investigation, the seemingly reasonable price jumps quite a bit when they add taxes and fuel surcharges, but that's another story for another forum...

My Azamara cruise in South America on Dec. 11, 2007 included airfare with a balcony cabin, plus gratuities when I booked through Online Vacation Center. When you compare it to the price on Azamara's web site for a similar cabin, the airfare came out to around US$400 pp. When I looked at airfare alone on American, the cost was about $1200 pp. No wonder I booked with air included!

That's true. But I live in Florida and drive to MIami. In all likelihood, it will be a direct flight as there are lots of direct flights. Plus the $2000 total savings makes it worthwhile to take a chance, for me anyway.

That's true. But I live in Florida and drive to MIami. In all likelihood, it will be a direct flight as there are lots of direct flights. Plus the $2000 total savings makes it worthwhile to take a chance, for me anyway.

YOU CAN ALSO ASK IF YOU CAN DO AN " AIR DEVIATION.PAY A SMALL FEE AND PICK THE FLIGHTS YOU WANT.. OCEANIA' DOES ACCOMIDATE YOU THAT WAY

this is fantastic news. I've always been enamoured with Oceania's westbound transatlantics: Barcelona/Lisbon to Rio de Janiero. Now Azamara offers a similar itinerary, but with even better port stops en route. The price of air was having me lean more toward Oceania, but now Azamara has a better chance at getting my dollars.

This, is all under the HIGH hopes that they are still offering this itinerary in 2009. I'm booked up until then.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Both cruise lines "include" air, plus about $400 in taxes and fuel charges they tell you about later. If you want to arrange your own air, you may take a credit of approximately $800 per person, depending on gateway and departure port.

The deviation fee is not as easy as one of the previous posted painted it to be. Yes, you pay a deviation fee of $75 per person to select your flights, but may also pay a "fare differential of between $75 and $200 per person if your flights don't meet the guidelines of the air department. This is Oceania I refer to here, though I suspect Azamara maintains a similar program. Your 'free' air of $800, may end up costing you $1500 with taxes, fuel charges, deviation fees, and differentials. Caveat Emptor has never been more true than when applying to the travel biz!

Archived