Insulated Mug - Suggestions?

infohunter

Before each cruise we head to the Dollar Tree store and buy a couple of mugs for a buck each and then toss them at the end of the cruise before leaving the ship.

We purchased some insulated mugs with little flip top straws by Rubbermaid at Wal-Mart. $3 each. Make sure you get one that is no taller than ten inches when the top is removed. You want it to fit under the beverage spout of the dispensers on the ship..................We measured the dispensers and found that the distance from the cup rest to the tip of the dispensing spout averaged ten inches............. We saw a lot of people using larger mugs, and they had to pour it from a ships cup and then into their mug.........

I have had many of these mugs over the years and not any works as well as the Nissan Mugs - they are the Caddilac of insulated mugs, but yes they cost a little more.

They keep coffee hot for much longer than any other I have used and when I put cold drinks in w/ ice and don't finish the drink there is still ice in the cup the next morning.

They are a bit hard to find, but just googled them and it seems that amazon is carrying them with many different models now.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_k/103-4320234-0702269?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=nissan+mug

I always travel with 1 or 2 (we have 2 in different finishes so you can tell them part) and they fit under the cappachino machine in the Neptune Lounge and will hold 2 cappachinos. :))) This save me a 2nd trip in the morning. The model we have is the Nissan Ultimate and have had them for about 8 years now.

Did you all know the cappachinio machine raises up to fit taller mugs? I didn't until someone there saw me pouring a coffee cup into my mug. There is a button you push which allows the unit to be raised up.

Along the same lines, the coffee machine in Lido has an attachment which can be fitted onto the spount out of which the coffee pours. This attachment permits you to hold a carage/tall insulated mug under in order to fill it.

This attachment sits atop the coffee machine and easily slips on and off.

Archived