Have you seen the Movie 1408?

Nor'Eastah

DD and I just saw the new movie, 1408 with John Cusack and had to ask if anyone else noticed what we did.

John Cusak plays a writer who is staying in a haunted/evil hotel room, 1408. After checking in, he tours the room, checks out the bathroom, sits on the bed. Then he looks out the window for just a minute. When he turns around, he gets his first scare, the bed he just messed up is now turned down, perfectly neat, with chocolates on the pillow. He runs to the bathroom and the toilet paper roll that he used a few minutes before is now neatly folded into a point. He freaks out, looking in the closet, under the bed, screaming is someone there, but of course there's no one.

DD and I looked at each other, and both said...it's not haunted...he's on a Holland America Cruise!!! Happens to us all the time!:D

DD and I just saw the new movie' date=' 1408 with John Cusack and had to ask if anyone else noticed what we did.

John Cusak plays a writer who is staying in a haunted/evil hotel room, 1408. After checking in, he tours the room, checks out the bathroom, sits on the bed. Then he looks out the window for just a minute. When he turns around, he gets his first scare, the bed he just messed up is now turned down, perfectly neat, with chocolates on the pillow. He runs to the bathroom and the toilet paper roll that he used a few minutes before is now neatly folded into a point. He freaks out, looking in the closet, under the bed, screaming is someone there, but of course there's no one.

DD and I looked at each other, and both said...it's not haunted...he's on a Holland America Cruise!!! Happens to us all the time!:D[/quote']

Thanks so much for a great laugh. I have not yet seen the movie, but how true: John Cusak's character obviously did not realise that he had been tranported to another dimension: that of the HAL cruiser, who thinks it's perfectly normal to leave for just a second and then return to find the bed turned down perfectly and with that chocolate on the pillow - oh, and of course with the toilet paper neatly folded into a point. Gotta love that life.

Valerie:D

DD and I just saw the new movie' date=' 1408 with John Cusack and had to ask if anyone else noticed what we did.

DD and I looked at each other, and both said...it's not haunted...he's on a Holland America Cruise!!! Happens to us all the time!:D[/quote']

Per HAL's website...

Welcome to an Onboard Experience

that surpasses your expectations

Always at the heart of the Holland America cruise experience is a warm and unobtrusive style of service that is never in the way and never out of reach. Expect excellence: we sail with nearly one crew member for every two guests, for the impeccable service that has long defined classic cruising. On board the cruise ships of Holland America Line you'll discover a luxurious experience that is modern, fresh and appealing - in an ambiance that is timeless and refined.

Yup... sounds about right... Not aware of a room 1408 though? Is this maybe on the ROtterdam V or old Westerdam or Noordam? :D

Love it. Thanks for the laugh!

:cool:

Archived