sunloungers on galaxy

jackieN

just returned from Aug 2nd sailing on the galaxy. Ridiculous situation with sun loungers there was a big shortage and it was impossible to get one on sea days even if you went out at 08.30 if you were lucky enough to get one you could not leave it to go for lunch as a family as your belongings would be dumped on the deck when you came back. people were arguing with the pool attendants every day. This was our first time on celebrity never had this with any other cruise line.anybody else had this problem:confused:

We were on the same cruise. You have to admit there were so many chair hogs. Unfortunately, you were legit and still had to deal with the problem. The problem is that people get so frustrated waiting for chairs. We were sitting at a table near the pool and just kept notice of chairs that were covered in things and no one ever sat on them. We also saw lots of chairs cleared of the "belongings" on them but put nicely to the side. Some people move the belongings then took the chairs away from that area. It's the same at hotels and resorts.

this wasnt just around the pool but on all the decks sure people were hogging them but if there were a decent amount of beds there would be no problem it wasnt just 10 or 20 short it was more like 100:confused:

the problem is caused by people who save their chairs all day, not because of a shortage of them. Most people can only handle a couple of hours in the sun, but want to use the chair all day, while they eat lunch, take a nap, shop, gamble, read in the shade, etc.

This is disappointing as I am sailing Galaxy 9/17. My friend and I certainly like to spend some time out in the sun and do enjoy a lounge chair. So you feel that Galaxy actually does not have a sufficient number of them to cover the passenger load? Who would be the suoervisor that would handle that. Would it come under the Hotel Manager?

we asked for someone from guest relations to come up to the pool deck to speak to us about the situation and were told by the pool butler to go and call them or go down to deck5 to speak to them as they did not come up to speak to guests. we insisted that somebody in charge come up to speak to us by the time he came there were 6 people with complaints about the situation.he was very dismissive said there was nothing he could do and to fill in a comments card.after much disscussion he eventually instructed the pool butlers to move peoples stuff from beds that had been left unattended for a long peroid of time felt awfull about this... if there had been enough beds this would not happen.:confused:

Well, it certainly seems as if they have less loungers per pax than other X ships. I have been on 6 (I think, maybe 7) X cruises this year and I have not seen a ship with this kind of problem. I was thinking maybe they have had a lot that could not be repaired or such?

My experience has always been that you might not could get a lounger by the pool, but if you are willing to go up a deck or so, they were always available. This sounds like something else entirely.

Thoughts?

This is disappointing as I am sailing Galaxy 9/17.

I wouldn't worry about it. Chair hogging seems to be a problem only during the summer. I've only sailed in the off season and have never had a problem finding chairs on any Celebrity ship.

What is it about the summer that seems to bring out the worst passengers? :confused:

Well, I have certainly never heard of an X ship that had 100 too few loungers! Like I said before, they may not be right beside the pool, but there are always loungers, somewhere. The only thing I could think of was that maybe they had a rash of broken ones that just could no longer be repaired and were waiting on replacements.

My friend and I do like to spend time by the pool so it will be majorly disappointing not to be able to do that on this trip. I was just thinking I would like to address this problem before getting on the ship and not have to be like the other pax, having to beg GR to come up and talk to them and getting nothing not even a sorry.

Even the idea of chair-hogging is so foreign to me that the thought is ridiculous. I'll admit that I am not a big fan of sitting out in the sun even for 30 minutes at a time, but even if I did enjoy sunbathing for an hour at a time or so, I cannot imagine being so rude as to try and "reserve" a chair for the entire day.

My thought as always been this -- if you're IN the chair or someone (friend/significant other, etc.) is in the chair next to your's, then more power to you. The second you leave that chair and your friend/significant other (if they are with you) leave as well, it's fair game. If you're going to be away from your precious chair so long that your other friend/significant other has to leave their's as well, then you are DONE using it.

I have to admit that if I were in the same frame of mind as to want to sunbathe, I'd be one of those people to watch a set of chairs. If they remained empty for a few minutes and "reserved" for an entire group, then sorry -- your crap's going on the floor.

I am sick of selfish, inconsiderate people in this world who don't give a darn for anyone except themselves. Pop the bubble! Wake up!

grrrr :-(

I have sailed on Galaxy three times in the last 15 months and there was never a problem like this..... In fact I have never had a problem like this on any X ship.

Gail, I really think an e-mail to the Hotel Manager would be in order...... I think that is the right person. I really do not like hearing that they did not respond in a professional manner.... just blowing people off is totally inappropriate!!!!! I must admit, I never cruise in the summer months, and summer sailings are a different group..... so that could be part of it too. There might have been a huge group of CHAIR HOGS that were just inconsiderate cruisers. I still think a note to X before we go would be a good idea.....then if it "ain't fixed" we can let them know about it when we get there......and I don't like to be dismissed.......! Maybe X will review this thread.....sure hope so.

thanks for your input! I just think inquiring might let someone know we are concerned! Glad we are on the same wave length. I find this no different than a question to a resort manager prior to a stay. Just gathering info to make our journey more pleasant.:D

There must be someone we can contact. Who would be in charge of such things? I'm thinking Hotel Manager. Anyone else have any ideas? And how do we contact him? Email? Or through corporate?
Email Victoria--that should fix it! :D ;) :p

Seriously, I doubt if we'll have that problem since our sailing is after school starts. You can sit on our balcony if you can't find a lounger on deck! Hey, what are friends for?!:D

Roy,

The sky suites on deck 12 will definitely have lounge chairs, as those verandahs are quite spacious. I'm not really sure about the sky suites on deck 10, as those verandahs are slightly smaller. Deck 10 sky suites may just have 2 regular chairs and a table. Sorry, I don't know for sure!

Roy

If you are on deck 10, the sky suites have a couple of chairs, a table and a couple of ottomans to put your feet on. We found them very comfortable. They have a mesh covering. You could probably get a couple of loungers on the balcony if you wanted. I'm sure if you asked your butler, he would be happy to oblige, but you would need to move the chairs and ottomans out to accomodate.

Justin, I can't comment on the loungers by the pool on our cruise, but you won't need to fight me for one;) We always go a couple of decks up and have not had a problem.

Phil

Archived