Differences between Princess and Carnival

Terri102066

My husband and I will be on Princess in Sept and we just decided today, so we don't have much time to research, but what does everyone think the differences are in Princess and Carnival that I should know. We have actually been on both, but it has been a couple of years since we were on Princess and we have been on Carnival many times since then and they all seem to be running together at this point.

Terri

Terri,

Have had a great time on Carnival, but I think Princess is classier. While some of Carnival's newer ships are certainly showplaces, Princess ships are more elegant and understated. Princess has no waterslides, but they do have fresh water pools, and adults only pools/areas (sanctuary). Carnival more party party; Princess to a lesser degree. Princess also has more itineraries, some much more unique. It seems to draw a loyal following of folks with lots of cruises under their belts.

Suites on Princess come with a nice list of perks. Suites on Carnival are wonderful but don't include things like complimentary laundry and internet. Cost the same as far as I can see. Balcony rooms are similar in size and cost. Princess minisuites more affordable than Carnival cat 11 and they have bigger balconies than Carnival's more shallow balconies.

Food is great on both lines, but I do think Princess has more choices, as well as personal choice dining. Movies under the stars is a lot of fun.

Carnival:

Better bed linens

Better mattresses

Better buffet

Better choices for food in the buffet

Better varied trivia games

More friendly crew members

Much better strawberry daiquaris :D

Princess:

Better ambiance

Better pools

Better towels

Better dining room food, menus and menu folders (not the cheap things Carnival uses)

Better cabin stewards

Better cabin appointments

More elegant ships

Archived