How Do I use my Credit for canceled Millie Cruise?

sassycruiser

I am one of the unfortunates on the 6/30/07. Still had a fantastic trip and am not complaining! A day sitting by the pool or exploring Rome beats work any day.

However, I am curious - has anyone found out how to use our credit? I would like to book another cruise for 2008 and want to use my credit - of course.

Also, does anyone know if we can include the airfare charges if we book the airfare through the cruise line? The cruise I am interested in the cabin and the airfare equal what my voucher should be.

I haven't received the credit back from the sailing - I realize it hasn't even been 30 days and I am sure it takes awhile. Just curious what others experience has been.

Also - has anyone had success in getting refunds for canceled plans in Venice, etc? I am out $206.00 for the Venice hotel because I missed the cancellation deadline by 1 hour waiting to find out from Celebrity what they were doing with us. Again, not complaining but if there is compensation to be had - I want it.

Already checked with Travel insurance - does not cover the night in Venice because it was only to cover the cost of the cruise. I will make sure to read the fine print in the future.

We were also stuck in New York because Northwest canceled our flight after the Celebrity charter flight. NWA says not responsible but Celebrity is. We ended up paying $406.00 for a hotel that night because we could find absolutely nothing else and both NWA and Celebrity refused to even help us find a room.

Hello Beth,

I have been giving you and your family some thought lately because I remember that you originally booked our 6/18/07 cruise and joined our roll call for a while. But later you had to change your booking to the ill fated 6/30 sailing. And if I remember correctly that was your first Celebrity cruise after having done NCL a bunch of times!

From your post, I didn't realize that you had some additional complications with your Venice hotel and flights getting back home. Geez. Which hotel in Venice did you book with, and did you explain your unusual circumstances so that they could cut you break on being a whole hour late???

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your pressing question, but I wanted to just say hi and that we were thinking of you. Are you planning to rebook for a Med cruise next year?

David

Call whomever your booked through. Give them your 6/30 reservation number.

You don't need the actual paper certificate to book a new cruise.

If NWA cancelled a flight for which you were holding a confirmed reservation, they OWE YOU! Not Celebrity.

Hello,

Yes, we were supposed to be on the 6/18 sailing. Had to change to 6/30 because of my work commitments. Do you know how many times we said to each other - if only we had come 6/18! Oh well!

The confusion came with the cancellation after we signed up to fly home from Rome. We weren't sure and neither was the person doing the sign up if we qualified because we were cruise only. We went ahead and signed up and they told us they would let us know. When we found out Monday we were going home we called the hotel and they told us it was too late. Which just kills me because we very carefully explained the situation, etc and they told us too bad. We had tried to find a hotel in Venice but this hotel was booked for Tuesday and Wednesday and we couldn't find anything in our price range. One person next to me in the computer lab was paying $1500.00 a night! That was just beyond our budget. I know that the hotel sold that room for Thursday night.

After everything that happened losing $206.00 is very minor and if I don't get reimbursed I won't cry but I am going to try to get compensation.

My complaint with Celebrity about the NWA cancellation is that everyone knows that NWA has been doing work shortages for 30 days and canceling flights. . Everyone else was flying and NWA canceled our flight due to "weather". We were stranded after JFK after flying 10 hours. I really just wanted reservation help from Celebrity since everything was booked. I wanted them to book us a hotel or send us home on American or someone else. I was on the phone with Celebrity for 45 minutes. After handling the other snafus so well (Celebrity) this was a major disconnect and left a very sour taste in our mouths. I live in Detroit and go out of my way NOT to fly NWA because of their poor customer service.

We don't think we will do Med again next year. Although it is very tempting with the credit. Our son starts U of Michigan in September and vacation times are just not meshing. We were looking at a transatlantic on Century after he gets out of school. We will see.

So, all in all - it was a good vacation. Just wish it didn't end on a bad note.

Also, does anyone know if we can include the airfare charges if we book the airfare through the cruise line? The cruise I am interested in the cabin and the airfare equal what my voucher should be.

Your credit will cover cruise only.

"We weren't sure and neither was the person doing the sign up if we qualified because we were cruise only."

This is why we book our air through Celebrity.

Good point - but the airfare through Celebrity was $400.00 higher per person at time of booking. Thats $1200.00 for our family so thats quite an increase.

So we decided to take the chance - and I am still not complaining about losing the $206.00 on the hotel room in Venice - I was just trying to find out what other people's experience had been with the compensation.

If you call celebrity and tell them about your extra expenses and fax them proof, they are reimbursing up to $110 a person. We were upset that it did not cover all our extra expenses but this is the number that celebrity came up with.

I don't think anyone answered the question about how to book with your credit. You have to book your cruise as you normally would giving your deposit as you normally would. Then at some point prior to the final payment deadline you will either mail or fax (or your travel agent I believe can do this online) to Celebrity your certificate. I say before the deadline because you want to give them time to process it and you want to see it processed before the payment deadline. If the credit plus your deposit means that you overpaid for your cruise Celebrity will credit you back your deposit.

They require you to pay the deposit because people in the past have been known to make reservations for several cruises and then make last minute cancellations so if they require you to make the deposit they figure they can stop that.

Archived