Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

We also have decorate doors and decorated the rooms and we also put Kikki head lights around our windows on all of our cruises. Luckily we have had nothing taken off our door.

Edited by wizo

I think you tend to see more of this on the gay cruises....

We don't decorate on the other cruises, but I usually post pix of us from other trips, pix of our pets, and then a large magnet of the Michigan State Spartan, and the "U" of Miami, where we each went to school....

I know...big shock, eh??:D

One door had about 30 multi colored cogs that were all motorized and connected, so it was like a moving sculpture for the entire trip....

I'm sure if I searched my computer while, I could find a pic....

I would love to see a pic of that if you can find it.

On my cruise in Oct 09, I made some cut outs of fish, turtles, dolphins and took pictures of the different places we were visiting and posted on the door. I even had some 3D figures from the dollar store that I put on the door. I didn't know the ship was going to have a door decorating contest, but I actually got a Carnival Ship on a Stick, LOL.... Woo hoo!!!!

We e-mailed NCL to arrange the meet & greet. When we arrived in our cabin there was a nice note greeting us and telling us where the m&g would be and also to tell CC cruisers that any door decorations would be taken down. We didn't put ours up, but noticed some people had little things (stickers and foam cut-outs). The cabin doors on the Jewel were not flat, they had fake louvres, so some things would be difficult to display. By the way, I didn't say anything to our group about it. We are all adults and have traveled before, so if we want signs we will have signs!!;)

The latest I have heard about decorating the cabin door is that only magnets can be used, no tape at all. Now granted, I have only sailed Disney when I started decorating our doors, but I have a feeling it would be the same on most other ships because with magnets, the room stewards don't have to worry about cleaning the door. This upcoming cruise that my BFF and I are taking, we will not only decorate the door but we are going to be included in what is called a FE exchange.

Beside our cabin door is a fish that is used to put mail in such as the daily navigator or any correspondence from guest services. It also shows our cabin number which is also on the door. Since she and I are on the DIS discussion boards a lot, we try to meet anyone who will be sailing on the same cruise. We have done that with our friends who also would be in WDW at the same time in past years. Makes for fun times since we post almost every day on the DIS. The last two times on the Disney Wonder, there was a large group (Mouse Fest and last year WDW Reunion) and we already knew about the gift exchange and wanted to participate. On our upcoming cruise, we have a website to register on the roll call and will have groups of 25 for the FE exchange. I even made my FE for the exchange and would give just little things, candy, keychains, pencils for the kids. Some folks really get into it and make the little gifts. It is such fun coming back to your cabin to find something in your FE.

Here is what a FE looks like.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
232323232%7Ffp5323%3A%3Enu%3D3248%3E964%3E%3A9%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32345%3A%3B294988nu0mrj

My wife's creation. The clothes on the figures were removeable and were changed each day depending on our excursions. Reading the notes left by other passengers (a blank page is on the wall out of sight)...they were very impressed!!

Go Cats

That is so cute. I got a banner they were going to throw out at work (parachute type of material about 18" x 30" long) ) and I am trying to think of a way to turn it into a door deco. It has a wooden dowel on top and can hang.

Today I was at Dollar Tree and I found these cute wall art stickers that I thought would work great for the door. They are a fun summer kind- they look like various sizes of pool floaties. They are made to be frames so you can put pictures in the middle of them. They had lots of others to choose from too. Even some that were chalkboards and dry erase board stickers. They just peel on/off.

I stole my idea from the Disney Boards. I made a banner out of a banner they were throwing away at work. I turned the bottom up to make pockets. I also made one for my daughter's door and I am going to put little surprizes in there daily for my grandson (they do this on Disney cruises with Fish Extenders).

I put a flag from my state and Alaska where we are cruising. I put a clear photo holder for daily activities, just attached with Brads for scrapbooking. I put the CC sign with my screen name and cruise schedule on it. I also put two stickers I bought at the dollar store; that you can write on with wipe/erase markers (which also can be kept in the pockets).

I used fabric glue and Brads to make the pockets. I attached magnets to hold on the door.

Click on banner to increase size.

2063109095_MyDoorBanner.jpg.0bd6b87ca2d64dc48762c2506a138473.jpg

Edited by anamanxs

• 8 months later...

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in February for our 24th wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day! Would LOVE to decorate the door to help commemorate the occasions. We've never done it before. . .any ideas??? Also, can we use magnets on the doors?

• 5 months later...

This cruise I will have larger magnets for the door decorations. Last time I was only able to put up one ornament that held pictures of the previous days excursions. I took a photo printer with me and would print out 5-7 copies of what I thought was my two best pictures and placed them in the holder with a note that said if you like one, take one. They all went during the day. I am also taking some of the 3M double backed sticky tape that removes with pulling the tab to release it. This may work better than the magnets as they do tend to shift when the door is open and closed.