Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

LOL There was a couple who did the dry erase board on our last cruise in Sept of '07 onboard the Conquest. I think the whole floor got into leaving messages and things. There was even one time where the marker was taken and someone posted a reward for the safe return of the marker. LOL

Edited by Jamdug73

LOL There was a couple who did the dry erase board on our last cruise in Sept of '07 onboard the Conquest. I think the whole floor got into leaving messages and things. There was even one time where the marker was taken and someone posted a reward for the safe return of the marker. LOL

I love it. A reward for the marker. Wonder if it got returned and what was the reward. LOL

I get to decorate twice next cruise. When we board, it will be decorated for my DH bday then two days later I am decorating for our anniversary. Will bring my own decorations for the anniversary and mix them in with the bday ones already there.

We will have 3 doors to decorate for our Christmas cruise. I am sure we will come up with something that doesnt take up too much room in our suitcases. My daughter wants to put a picture of what winter is back here and write..ha ha ha thank goodness we are on a boat...LOL

As well as some christmas decorations..

Hi all....I was wondering how do you get your decorations to stick to the door. Do you have to bring tape with you.. I had a door knob hanger on our door and someone took it. Do they make decorations that will stay on the door? I would love to put something on our door. So give me a hint on what to do.. Thanks

My DW uses Scotch brand Removable mounting squares. Little clear squares with both sides sticky that will stick to the door firmly but is easily removed. Not all cabin doors on the ships are metal.

Edited by LakeCharlescruiser

• 2 weeks later...

This is what we did this year for our 15 doors - Thanks to Rhonda for her help!!!! Each individual's star also had stars under their name to signify how many of the Labor Day cruises they have been on with us. Looking for a new die cut for names next year. We've used stars twice and balloons once. Any suggestions?

10631_790860651802_5127595_46308599_3817454_n.jpg

10631_790860656792_5127595_46308600_1881762_n.jpg

When my H graduated with his doctorate we took a family cruise to Hawaii. We hung a Lucy from Peanuts "The Doctor is IN" sign on the door and congratulations banners. Many passengers wrote messages on our signs (our family started it). Those messages were all very sweet and my H loved every one of them.

Sunday we leave to celebrate my best friend's 70th birthday. I have a sign that reads "We're with the band" to hang this time, and will add some birthday stuff too.

It's all fun.

Edited by tea4ular

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decorated our door for the first time and I'm going to do it from now on. It was so easy to find our door and it made it so much fun! We used removable tape from the school supply isle and I also found some at the Party Supply store. Have fun it is your cruise and it is what you make of it.

BG14.jpg.169b3a422a431754d31671fa3081e750.jpg

Hmmmm...Carr's are Cruisin' OR Butter us Up

1st option is a play on our last name. I could have a race track with cars for peeps to leave us a message.

2nd option is a cut out of a popcorn machine which I have and peeps can write us messages on the popcorn kernels....

Let me know what you all think?

Hmmmm...Carr's are Cruisin' OR Butter us Up

1st option is a play on our last name. I could have a race track with cars for peeps to leave us a message.

2nd option is a cut out of a popcorn machine which I have and peeps can write us messages on the popcorn kernels....

Let me know what you all think?

I like 'em both... how about a combo - The Carrs are cruisin' so Butter us up - and then still have the popcorn kernals - which I think is SO cute!

I am a Corvette owner and had heard of decorating the door before my first cruise. I found a magnetic Route 66 sign and proudly placed it on my door. Well....no one else put anything up and ya know those passageways are LOOONG. We came in a bit fatigued (great term for it) from the evening of dancing and drinking cold soda. Someone had moved the little magnet 2 doors. I didn't pay attention to the number, I just put my card in the door! Once, twice, three times. No luck until the occupant opened the cabin door to see who the hell was trying to get in. We both got a laugh out of it thank goodness and I bought them a cold soda the next night. I wont be putting them up again or if I do...I will keep track of the number.

Frank

• 4 weeks later...
I am a Corvette owner and had heard of decorating the door before my first cruise. I found a magnetic Route 66 sign and proudly placed it on my door. Well....no one else put anything up and ya know those passageways are LOOONG. We came in a bit fatigued (great term for it) from the evening of dancing and drinking cold soda. Someone had moved the little magnet 2 doors. I didn't pay attention to the number, I just put my card in the door! Once, twice, three times. No luck until the occupant opened the cabin door to see who the hell was trying to get in. We both got a laugh out of it thank goodness and I bought them a cold soda the next night. I wont be putting them up again or if I do...I will keep track of the number.

Frank

I can't breathe!!!! You win!!

• 1 month later...

232323232%7Ffp5323%3A%3Enu%3D3248%3E964%3E%3A9%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32345%3A%3B294988nu0mrj

My wife's creation. The clothes on the figures were removeable and were changed each day depending on our excursions. Reading the notes left by other passengers (a blank page is on the wall out of sight)...they were very impressed!!

Go Cats

We have been doing door signs for ever, I just finished 2 one for my Sister and her Hubby for the East.Caribbean cruise the first of March, and ours for the 28th of March Southern Caribbean. I go to the scrapbooking store, and it really jump starts the fun!!! I put our first names only on it, and the State we are from, and alot of cute stickers. Have fun!!! We do!!

We were on the Inspiration the week before Christmas. We took all the Christmas cards we'd received and taped them to our door, left open so that they flopped out and were easy to see from way down the hall. Also put up a blank Post-It pad and a pen, and received many sweet Christmas wishes... and one awesome drawing of a platypus! LOL. Can't wait to see what people write on our door on our upcoming cruise in February!

These are our doors from our Mexican Riviera Cruise on Mariner of the Seas last July. The "fiesta" door was ours, and the "Pirate" door was our kid's. We got a lot of compliments on both of them, although these pictures don't do them justice. We were surprised that not one thing got stolen from the doors even though we were on an active hallway.

DSC_0404.jpg.1c56eef3ed1660d901f81ea0cdf08448.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg.419a7d7f7554f80d8068f0683bccb119.jpg