Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

We're back from the Glory and I'd read this thread before we left and decided we had to try door decor. We had fun running into people in port who had seen our door. And I loved "coming home" to my Greyhound babies pics. We had family in the room next to ours and they used our same background paper to do their door to tie the rooms together.

IMG_2885door1web.jpg.cb04b9b8aa7e4aebc72deecda14ad896.jpg

IMG_2772door2web.jpg.1c28e3c385d0baf81547a96a54386924.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of doors are on the Princess Crown, Metal ect.. I have a group of 14 going and would love to decorate the door. Just think anything thing to worry about before my cruise. lol

Does anyone know what kind of doors are on the Princess Crown, Metal ect.. I have a group of 14 going and would love to decorate the door. Just think anything thing to worry about before my cruise. lol

I was on the Crown Princess last year and I'm pretty sure that the doors were metal. (Not 100% sure but maybe 95%. lol) I checked my pictures and they look like metal. If you want to be 100% sure, just call the cruise line and ask them. That's what we did.

This is our door for our Western Cruise this past April. Stuck to the pirates theme. Made a map and used the pic's from our first cruise.

We were just vacationing not celebrating an event.

Funny thing when people would pass by the room they always remarked that "Those people don't have anything to do but cruise all the time!" They would say it several different ways, but always meaning the same thing.

It was only our second cruise~!

I just wanted to have fun! I also had a message in a bottle that was very cute (if I do say so myself). For some reason it kept falling off :rolleyes: so I just took it off.

Have fun with your door what ever you do. I enjoyed it even if people did make fun of it/me!

100_5510a.jpg.0709fe9fc50354b194716e331565980d.jpg

100_5509.jpg.dad43c627d77e4117a3a0bfb5279038e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a door decorator from way, way back. I take easy to pack items, usually from the dollar store, and even change the decor from time to time during the cruise. For example: in December & January I first decorated tropical, then decorated for husband's birthday (12/24), then immediately for Christmas, then New Year's, then our anniversary (1/06). Our deckmates commented they loved seeing what I was doing next.

Nothing weighs very much and I just discard as I go.

I also decorate inside the cabin, but don't change it as often. Last cruise I had tropical for a while, then Christmas and finally festive for New Year's. Several deckmates asked to see inside as well!!!

Such fun...

Mary Jane

What is the measurements of the room door's on the Carnival Fantasy??? We are going on our first cruise and have all chosen our favorite animated characters to be. Now I want to cut, combine, and put up all three characters to cover the whole door, like with wrapping paper. Does anyone have these measurements?

Do the glass decorations work on the balcony doors???? and can you really see them from the ports???

Do you mean do clings stick to the balcony glass? They do, but because of the tinted windows you really can't see them well through the glass from dockside. I have put a couple of clings on the outside of the glass so they were visible. I just wet them completely under the bathroom spigot and pressed them down using a towel so they adhered really well. They stayed up for the whole cruise. Also you can see these from the cabin through the sliding doors, but they look a little dull - again because of the tint.

Also by wetting the cling pieces, they stick pretty well to the cabin doors, but I do carry a small roll of scotch tape and stick any that don't want to adhere.

Mary Jane

Anyone know what kind of doors on the Legend? I've bought a poster-like-thing to put on the door. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary... Just trying to figure out how I'll attach this to our door.

Thanks.

Would any of you be willing to share pics of the signs you've made for your cruise? I'd like to make door signs for a wedding cruise and I'd love to see what others have done.

Thanks so much! :)

Here are some of mine.

Image1c.jpg

background2.jpg

deafcruise.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

get a strand of cheap christmas lights or rope light.... don't forget the extension cord, you will need it.

Also cool to hang stuff..... so you can see your balcony from the port... Just be sure that it is secure enough to not blow away !!!!!

:)

Probably not the best question to be asked on this thread, but I am having the darndest time finding decent cruise ship clip art!!

Can anyone point me to some good clipart sites that have clip art of cruise ships? The ones I am finding are just not good...

Thanks!!

I didn't decorate the door on our recent cruise but our C.C. group did wear mardi gras beads to recognize each other so I decorated our mail box outside the door. They may still be there.;) It was easy to find our cabin.

P6070101.jpg.0ea6b688438642d9ad79e6c6a42aadfb.jpg

I got this WONDERFUL idea before our last cruise on the Freedom. We decorated our cabin door with magnetized (is that a word?!) alphabet letters and made our own door hangers. We were on the Upper deck, smack dab in the middle of the ship.....very loooong hallways, and these things on our door made it amazingly easy to find!! Sadly not too many others must have read this brilliant idea before our cruise because we were of only a handful who done it. We got so many compliments on it!!! LOVE THIS IDEA! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know what kind of doors on the Legend? I've bought a poster-like-thing to put on the door. We'll be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary... Just trying to figure out how I'll attach this to our door.

Thanks.

Duck tape works really well on ALL cabin doors.