Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

This is a magnetic door thingie. It has double sided stickies (4) on the rear which can stick to the door or if it is metal, use the 4 magnets on the stickies (bottom right) to hold on the door. The 4 magnetic clips (bought extra) are to hold pictures of the day (I take a small photo printer with me that does 4x6 pictures). The pen at the top is for writing. The two shinny things are also magnets to hold notes. The Cruise Critic © logo was clipped from the upper left top of this page, edited in Photoshop to remove Cruise Reviews & News and add my web name. You can get them in a couple of sizes at Target back in the School supplies area.

You will see this one on my Suite Door later this month on Deck 10 at the elevators.

1369593704_doorart6.jpg.c6e7d09793854df4b6326138662c394a.jpg

Paul:

I like it!!

Might I ask where you found the porthole graphic? :D

Hi, I got it from a Paintshop Pro Graphics group I belong to. I could upload it somewhere online if you would like to download it.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I decorated our cabin door on the Westerdam last November. It was great! I had candy candes in the boxes for anyone to take a treat. I bought most of it at the dollar tree, it all came flat. I made the palm tree from the computer and just cut it out in several peices to put together when we got there. Have fun!

Cabin7062decoratedforChristmas.jpg

I decorated our cabin door on the Westerdam last November. It was great! I had candy candes in the boxes for anyone to take a treat. I bought most of it at the dollar tree, it all came flat. I made the palm tree from the computer and just cut it out in several peices to put together when we got there. Have fun!

Cabin7062decoratedforChristmas.jpg

What are the little taggie things? They look like cruise critic luggage tags, but how did you use them?

Sol y Mar

Nicki - your door is AWESOME! I am hoping to decorate our door for our Panama Canal Cruise in December - it will be over our 5th anniversary (on New Year's eve!) and I'm thinking I'd like to put a note pad or post its and a bucket on our door for folks to write down words of wisdom they want to share about marriage - any suggestions out there?

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I made magnetic signs 6 total some with the kids favorite disney characters and two adult signs with sayings and clip art on them. I created them on the computer and then printed them out on magnetic paper I got at staples (8 1/2 x 11) the first day we put them on the doors which are always metal (I believe) all but one sign were stolen with in 2 hours, but.... we found the theifs and they were return we then put them up on the inside of the doors so they would not be stolen again. I was thinking of creating a sign that says "take me to your door" and seeing how many doors it ends up on.

Just up this page I showed a picture of my Door Art. It had 4 magnets on the back to hold it on the door. LOL, everytime the door closed, it hit the floor. Even with 5 small rolls of duct tape. I set it in the plastic note holder beside the door. Take Bigger Magnets to hold stuff to the door. Glue them to the back of what you want stuck to the door. I did post 2 daily "Best Pictures" on the board.

The Cruise was GREAT and GREAT weather all week!

• 3 weeks later...

I always put up my Cruise Critic door sign with a few additions on it - and my Cruise Crazies door sign. In addition, I post a poem written ten years ago, called "Travel Thoughts" which reflects how I feel about travel. If there is a passenger talent show, I usually read it on the ship. People often knock on my door and ask if I have an extra copy of it. The poem has been published in a travel newspaper and also on an online international women's travel website.

I love some of the door decorations I've seen and would love to do more with mine.

My Kids and I had a blast decorating our door on the Diamond Princess Christmas sailing. We had our balcony all lighted up as well. About 3nights into the cruise, someone helped themselves to the ornamants we had hung on the door with other decorations. by the end of the week they were all gone!!!!!!!

That's what I'm a little worried about, people who have no respect for other people's property just taking stuff if nobody is around. :eek:

Hope this one helps. You can type in your name before you print off the sign and luggage tags. On the luggage tags I put cabin number on the back laminate and attach just before embarking the ship. ;)

How cool, thanks for posting that link. We sail on Sunday, and this looks like a good think to use as at least part of the decoration! :cool:

That's what I'm a little worried about' date=' people who have no respect for other people's property just taking stuff if nobody is around.[/color'] :eek:

No worries. I always decorate my door. Often I print out or bring along more than one of what ever I decorate the door with. Last April I was on a 19 day cruise, it was mostly "retired" pax. You would not think that crowd would "steal" the door decor. THEY DID! :p I never put up anything that is of great value.

Go decorate. Just don't put up anything you will expect to bring home.;)

Have fun! :D

These were my ideas for our November cruise:

Day 1 = November 2nd

BonVoyage of course but I LOVED the idea of the wrapping paper on the front of the door and then island themed cut outs. We found a cute treasure map at our local dollar tree so we will use that and then CC name tags.

Day 2 = November 3rd

Mississippi Door - we are VERY proud to be Mississippians! We will have a little bit from our state on the door.

Day 3 = November 4th (USA Election Day)

We are going to decorate our door in Red White & Blue with a ballot box, pen, and papers. However, you will NOT be voting for the next American President on this cruise. Instead you will vote on where we should take our next cruise - or something like that.

Day 4 = November 5th

THE WINNING DESTINATION!!! I only have 3 choices so I can pack something for each.

Day 5 = November 6th

Our anniversary door!! Lots of cute pics of us & our wedding. By then it will actually be 1 year and 4 months. We had to delay our anniversary cruise a little bit.

Day 6 = November 7th

Motorcycle door - since we LOVE our bikes we thought we would share out passion with others.

Day 7 = November 8th

Farwell door :( BOOOHOOO, all in black but "Thanks for the memories" poster right in the middle!!

DH says I will be spending most of my time with the door instead of him, LOL NOT!!! But I do love to do it! Makes it fun!

We had our door decor up, plus a short string of peace flags, and we also used sticky notes to post a "Joke of the day"... usually something really corny.

Never thought anyone noticed, until the last day, when we were approached by a room steward (not ours), who thanked us, and said that everyone stopped to see what we'd post! it made their trip a little more interesting :p

Okay, we're gonna do MORE on our next cruise... it's good to brighten someone's day! (check out my photos for pictures of the door art, etc.)

I read this thread before we went our our cruise, this is what I came up with: we made starfish out of foam sheets and decorated them with glitter glue and plastic jewels. This is the door to my kid's cabin (3 kids, 3 starfish). My husband and I had 2 starfish and the hula skirt hanging from a dry erase board. For some reason I didn't take a picture of our door...

The dry erase board came in handy for leaving messages for each other and our cabin steward (more ice please, etc). If I had known our cabin doors where going to be orange, I would have come up with something with more contrast. In any case, the green hula skirt stood out and we never passed up our cabin door!

I never thought of decorating my cabin door until I read this thread, now I will probably do it on every cruise.

door.jpg

TOrxoUd6HCEfGITo7J8t0yxfzhR33DnS0300.jpg

This is our door decor we made and hung with magnet clips on our cabin door! We were on the Princess Diamond in March 2008 to Hawaii for 15 days. We also had our vows renewed by the Captain. Muriel & Butch

Sweet!! Congrats on the anniversary, nice to know that people really do stay married for 50+ years!! DH and I will be celebrating our 1st in 3 weeks! Only 49 more to go!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for telling us about the DIS boards...the signs are amazing!! I got so many good ideas for our upcoming cruise. I love Disney so I don't have to be going on a Disney cruise to use Mickey in my design...thank you again for telling us.

• 2 months later...

I decided that having somethign pre made would be too much to worry about - so I got a few things at the dollar store and taped them to the door when I got there... Our 4th anniversary was while we were on board...(and it's on New Year's eve)

Here's what our door looked like

1423219371_doordecorated.jpg.e8bb4dcd59075fadc119e575f340cd8e.jpg