Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

Sure...over on the DISboards we have a sections just for tshirt and door "dis"igns...but there are some great threads for generic (non-disney) designs, too! I will post the link for you! I also do lots of designs so if you want something specific I will make something for you!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742222&page=212

Edited by snoopymcc
forgot the link!LOL

On our last cruise we decorated the door with big hearts and a heart garland since it was over Valentines day. I also decorated our cabin with Valentines decorations.

On our cruise this past Jan. it was for DH birthday so I had a banner that said Happy Birthday on the door and a big picture of a birthday cake on the door. We also like to decorate he Balcony when we have one. I always have a palm tree on the Balcony and when we are in Port I put our inflatable monkey out side to watch out for us.

Have fun decorating!

Edited by TNGALOHA

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off the Constellation yesterday. Here is a picture of my door. Had many people ask about it on the ship. One lady stopped me and asked why I had a decorated door and no one else did. I laughted and told her cause I brought all the stuff from home. She laughted and said, "I Love it. It help me find my way home each night". It was fun to stand in the elevator and hear other talk about my door. One man said. "now Honey, we turn toward the cute star door when we get off."

Our door was right next to the elevators.

IMG_0240.jpg.3195314eb691a5185db47ade4cf17345.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can get anything on google images....go to the google page, put in your search word--don't hit enter...on the top of the page click on images. You will have any picture you could possibly want. A simple copy and paste will make you a master designer.

I am so glad I found this site and this thread! We're going on our first cruise in a week & a half and I am going to have so much fun decorating. Our cabin is right by the elevators as well so at least we will know we got off on the right floor!

I posted this in the picture discussion area, but thought I would put it here too.

We will be going on our first cruise next week and I was reading this thread about decorating your door, so I made this the other day from some scrap wood and stuff from the junk drawer,

32zp8bt.jpg

I hope to get some good messages from other people.

On my first cruise, I arranged to have BonVoyage decorations in the stateroom and on the cabin door.. it was a great surprise for my traveling companion, especially since it was her first cruise also plus her first vacation in many years.

So everybody feels that magnets are the best way to hang decorations?

I was thinking since I am cruising in december this year, that it might be nice to have a decoration on my cabin door or at the very least, a picture..

Are all the cabin doors on Rhapsody (RCCL) metal? I was just going to use some tape for easy removal but if it's magnetic, it is much easier. Anyone know if all cabin doors are metal?

Oh here is a pic of a door that I found to be funny! I just googled funny door decorations and this picture came up of a harry door.

http://******************/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/furrybears1.jpg

Thanks,

T

Edited by sanuk4u

• 2 months later...

So...I've been trying to get together some things to decorate my door...I'm on the Princess Golden in 3 weeks...

First - will both magnets and clings work on my cabin door?

Also - I am decorating my door so people will know where I'm from. (Wisconsin). It looks like most people decorate for the trip they are on? Will mine look weird compared to the others? I'm alittle neurotic about not doing things as well as others so I just want to make sure that people won't think that I'm weird.

Can anyone calm my worries? - but I still won't let that wreck my cruise!

So...I've been trying to get together some things to decorate my door...I'm on the Princess Golden in 3 weeks...

First - will both magnets and clings work on my cabin door?

Also - I am decorating my door so people will know where I'm from. (Wisconsin). It looks like most people decorate for the trip they are on? Will mine look weird compared to the others? I'm alittle neurotic about not doing things as well as others so I just want to make sure that people won't think that I'm weird.

Can anyone calm my worries? - but I still won't let that wreck my cruise!

I personally wouldn't worry about looking weird, because none of these people have the right to tell you what you've done isn't what you should have done!!

If you're interested in proudly demonstrating your origins, let me suggest that you use symbols of your state, and you can find those by using your favorite search engine, and entering "Wisconsin, tourism, symbols" as your terms. You'll come up with Cheese, Packers, Dairy, and all those kinds of things, which you can then look for Clip art that you can print up and stick on your door!

Last year I decorated our door for our anniversary (it was while we were cruising). There's no one theme that everyone goes by - it's all in what you want to do. So go for your wisconson theme - maybe attach a cheesehead? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Sure...over on the DISboards we have a sections just for tshirt and door "dis"igns...but there are some great threads for generic (non-disney) designs, too! I will post the link for you! I also do lots of designs so if you want something specific I will make something for you! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1742222&page=212

Hi! I just discovered that site a few weeks ago! Its great!!!

Maybe you could help me... I had seen a port hole with a picture of Captain Jack, and a life preserver with the name Mrs Jack Sparrow.

Couple in our group we have nicknamed Captain Jack, and now I cant find the site I seen it on. Would you know where to find it? I've literally spent hours trying to find it again :(

Thanks,

Kate