Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

I think decorating cabin doors is fun. And I love walking down the halls and seeing how creative some people are. It is very entertaining. Looking at some of the photos here, there are a whole bunch of very creative people cruising.

About attaching a dry-white board to the door. I put heavy duty magnets on the back, and it stayed up with no problem. And they have pens for the white board with magnets already on them.

Thanks for the suggestion of offering the decorations to the staff.

Happy cruising to all. :) :D

Joyce

A special thanks to all who have shared the "magic" of the door decorations. I never thought to decorate the door, but for our next cruise, Navigator of the Seas, 6 - 11 Apr 09, we will definitely have something fun on our door as well as the balcony. Special thanks to Roofing Princess for sharing all the photos!

I have always decorated our door. If it wasn't for that we probably would not find our cabin!HaHa!! The first time it was a fishing net with little fish and things like that. I used magnets to hold it on the door. Just don't put stuff on your door that means alot to you. I always had something small gone. Plus, don't put the magnets by your seapass card or funpass card, it will demagnatize the card. I found that out. The last cabin door I did was the "Redneck Door". It was so funny!!! I don't know how many people we caught reading our door. Or when we opened our door. This cruise I haven't thought of anything yet. Just remember to make it light and easy.

Dana

We are going in May on the Freedom of the Seas for my dd's Make-A-Wish cruise and I was planning on doing some sort of door decoration. I enjoyed seeing what all of you have done, now I just need to figure out what to do for her.

We took a make a wish trip to Disney with my DD. Everyone was so awesome. ti was a terip our family will never forget. Try to do something with the Make wish sign. People will notice it and they will dote on your daughter even more.

I'm really happy to see so many "first timers" for door decorating here. It seems it has been a slow thing to catch on, but more and more people are starting to do this. It's a blast to see what people do. I love to find the real elaborate ones and I like to leave cute little notes for those who encourage it. It's just another show of the friendliness you find on a cruise ship :rolleyes:. I do hope all of you plan to decorate take pics and post them here when you get back!

Last year we were on a family reunion cruise. Our cabins were all on same floor, but not next to each other. So, I printed out magnetic sheets(available sheets at officemax, or stapes, etc) with cute pictures for each family (ie cruise ship, palm trees, ocean scene, etc) so we could easily find each other.

I only put down the people's first initial in case they did not want to be identified by non-family members. I also included their home town on the bottom of each sheet.

Very helpful and fun! The home town idea was a good conversation for those walking by, expecially if they were from the same state.

How do you attach a fish net with fishys?

First, I use those cheap little nets....the ones you find for luaus at the party store. They're very light weight. I attatch heavy duty magnets to it, wherever I can. I hot glue them to the net. I used to just "sit" the fish on, but this time, I'm going to attach the fish, boat, etc, to the net with hot glue before I leave home. I'm hoping that will help to keep them from "swimming" away. I'll hang it on a door at home for the approximate placement. Oh, and this time, I bought some blue shimmery paper to put behind the net to look like water. Good luck if you decide to do this. If you have any more questions, just ask. My cruise isn't until July, but I will post pictures of the door on here when we get back.

First, I use those cheap little nets....the ones you find for luaus at the party store. They're very light weight. I attatch heavy duty magnets to it, wherever I can. I hot glue them to the net. I used to just "sit" the fish on, but this time, I'm going to attach the fish, boat, etc, to the net with hot glue before I leave home. I'm hoping that will help to keep them from "swimming" away. I'll hang it on a door at home for the approximate placement. Oh, and this time, I bought some blue shimmery paper to put behind the net to look like water. Good luck if you decide to do this. If you have any more questions, just ask. My cruise isn't until July, but I will post pictures of the door on here when we get back.

Thanks for the idea!! I go 4/4/09 so I need to get moving making my door sign. Do you know about how wide the door is?

Never thought you could decorate your doors on a cruise. This will be our first one and I will definitely decorate our doors!! Thank's for all the ideas.

One doubt... Is it okay with the cruise lines? Anyone done it on the Adventure of the Seas. And the classical question... metal doors??? :rolleyes:

Well I will be leaving on the Constellation in just a few weeks. Have been racking my brain for an Idea to decorate the door. Well I now got it. :D

I loved the little fishnet over the door. I will do a cruise critic sign for our "Star Cruisers" meeting and wll attach Texas things to the net. I love representing my home state. And since we are going with a star theme. I will be the "Lone Star State" Texas. Thanks for the Ideas guys. I am so glad this is catching on. I have never had anything stolen off my door. But if I do then I will count it as Souveniers for some one who could never get to "God's Country"

large-smiley-051.gif

Do you know about how wide the door is?

Gosh, I'm not sure. I know they are not as wide as a regular door. I did a search, and found that on Radiance of the Seas, the standard door is 23 inches wide. Of course, I don't know what line you will be on but I would think this will be close. They are a little bigger when you go up to the suites. Just do a google search or search the line you are on if you need to know the exact size of the door. I hope this helped. :p

I used photos from last year and I made picture magnets for every day of the cruise. For formal night I will put our photos of us dressed up, for days on port I used photos from when we did excurisons. it is going to be so much fun. Last year I did day one, day two and so on. I think my family was happy because it makes it easier to find our door too. It is a nice touch to your cabin!!! have fun. Rho:)

On past cruises, I made albums for each cabin in our group. A Scrapbook page with port information, next would be a large zip lock bag for that page. The book would contain a page and a bag for each port. You can slip in receipts, flyers, etc. from each port! I would use skewers to make the spline and sew all the pages and baggies together before binding it all together. Everyone has loved them, helps keep that pile of papers off the desk, and we can actually find something if we need it! Great for keeping all thos photos and postcards together too.

I love to decorate our door. Last year we sailed on Halloween...I was the only one on our Floor :( with decorations. But we like it and easily found our cabin each night. On Hal I fasten my decorations to the mailbox. I bring the little electrical ties and cut them off at the end of the cruise.

Remember if you have a room overlooking the courtyard on Freedom of the Sea, bring something to decorate the window too! On our Christmas cruise aboard the Freedom, I had battery operated christmas lights, Christmas Stockings and yes, that was us...my Husband put our towel animals in the window each night...the crew, and other passengers checked out our window every day to see what was going on! It was a lot of Fun...my grandchildren weren't even embarrased! They thought it was "cool" wishing they had an inside room instead of the balcony!

Have fun, where ever you cruise!

Edited by crusinrita

crusinrita

On past cruises, I made albums for each cabin in our group. A Scrapbook page with port information, next would be a large zip lock bag for that page. The book would contain a page and a bag for each port.

What A CUTE Idea! I made little scrapbooks for groups I have cruised with in the past but never thought of adding a plastic bag to it. What size did you make? I am curious how the bag looked with each page. Was it attached to the back of each page or was it like a page two for each port? I would love to see one if you have pictures. :D

I can see we who DIS go overboard with our door signs!LOL Our whole doors are covered and lots of the signs get changed frequently!ROFL! I will be making signs for us for our upcoming Carnival cruise also...just won't be using the Disney characters!