Cabin Door Decor

Mmhar4fun

On two of my cruises (both with groups I met through Cruise Critic), a member of the group volunteered to make group signs. Just 8.5x11 paper, color printed on the computer. I brought one of those clear page protectors and a magnetic clip and stuck it to my door. Made it easier to find on a long hallway, and easier to find the other group members.

On the second cruise, I had a couple of cute magnets that someone gave me (don't remember why) and I put them up next to the sign. An hour or two later, they were gone! Someone had swiped them!! Even more odd because we were on one of those center-of-the-ship corridors that some ships have - basically, the only people who went down them were the folks whose cabins were there; these weren't halls that went from one end of the ship to the other!

I cruised on the Ecstasy with a group which included a Cruise Critic friend who I had not yet met face-to-face. Once we got on board, she brought me a cute collage to put on my door. It was about 15 inches square, bright pink posterboard, trimmed with bright pink feather boa, that had my CC name and a bunch of cruise-type and Mexico-type images on it. She, her daughter, and her partner had made them up for friends in the cruise group. I don't remember if she had put that magnet strip on the back, or if she'd brought tape. I do remember smiling every time I saw it as I came down the hall.

What a bunch of sweeties!

We just made 23 door signs for 23 different cabins for our cruise on the Glory, Feb 7th. We made a party out of it and just used our imginations. I used scrapbooking paper and bought different stickers and cute things they use for the scrapbooking that was about cruising. They are as cute as a button and if any of you are on the Glory for the Feb 7th sailing..........we are from Illinois and can't wait to have a wonderful time!!!!

Last October I went on the Carnivale Elation with a group. One of the couples in our group was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. I got on board before them and put a magnetic white board on their door wishing them a Happy Anniversary. I found a inexpensive white board and also some white board pens that were magnets. By the end of our 6 day cruise there was all kinds of messages on that board.....even from people they didn't know.

I love to decorate my door when ever I cruise.....it makes it so much easier to find my room. I usually come up with a theme and just get creative with it. I love looking at what everyone else comes up with.

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!

I just purchased a big package of Easter themed decorations from a party store and Heavy duty magnets for our Easter cruise on the Ruby. We have two doors to decorate this trip. I personalize the decorations using lettering printed on computer at home on Transparency sheets. Name, home town etc...Makes it sooo easy to locate rooms!

• 2 weeks later...

We took a group cruise for the first time in October with the LOOTers. We decided on a pirate theme and one person ordered pirate door covers that covered the whole door. There were 25 of us that ordered them so it was nice when walking down the halls you knew where another LOOTer was. It really did help me find my cabin.

I am so glad I found this site. Going on our first cruise 8/16/09 to bermuda. I never thought of decorating the doors. I cant wait to do it!! Niece and her husband will be celebrating their 1st anniversary. Guess I will be decorating their door as a surprise!! Hope they dont see this. LOL Sooo many ideas -- sooo little space!!!

When going down that long row of doors, it helps to find the decorated one. I have gotton off the wrong floor and knew it when I looked down the hall and didn't see the decorations. I know it helps my husband find the door, I know it will help my mother on those late nights too!

OKAY - I saw this funny post about someone who had a yard sale on their door during the cruise- I thought "how funny is that?" Next thought was "I'm going to do that too!"

NOW I can't find the original post. I have searched and search and I can't find the darned thing.

Has anyone else seen this post? Where the heck is it?

Thanks!

We have always decorated our doors, and I just love doing it. On our last cruise to Hawaii, there were 14 of us, so we all decorated our doors. My sister hung a net with fish on it, and a big lobster. This was a 15 day cruise, and on about the 11th day, the lobster went missing. This was the first time we had ever had anything taken from the doors, so we made a sign about the lobster being "sea-napped" and asked for it's safe return. Well, we never did get the lobster back, but we sure did hear a lot about it. Many people asked us if it had been returned, and some told us they

"actively" looked for it. Two ladies said they asked everyone they saw if they had seen it. It became a challenge to them to try and find the lobster. And then there were the people who were very angry that it got stolen to begin with. It was really interesting to see the reactions. Anyway, we always pick a theme and go with that, and we do the inside as well. For Hawaii, I found a great palm tree mural to hang on the wall, and some hula dancer lights, among other things.

I have a suggestion for when you pack up also. I never even thought of it until the last cruise...But if you are not going to use the decorations after your cruise, ask your steward if he/she might like to have them. (provided they are not of a personal nature). The wall mural I had was made for a door, but we hung it on the wall in the cabin, and many room service people commented on it. The last one said she really liked it, so when we packed up, we asked our steward to give it to her. That's when he told us ALL of them had asked him for it if we left it. So we asked him if he wanted the other decorations and the lights, and he was thrilled. So, from now on, I will offer them to the staff when we leave.

So, now I am busy collecting the items I will use to decorate our doors on our Mexican Riviera cruise in July. I will do one of them with the net and fish again, but this time I will attach them to the net really well.

We have decorated our cabin door for quite some time now and I just love doing it. As many have said, it sure makes finding the cabin easier, especially on larger vessels.

I purchased some gel window decorations that were fish with bubbles and underwater greenery that I put on our balcony door, it immediately broke the ice between our cabin steward and us. There are tons of gel decs that are around, have fun with them.

Here's another idea for some like me who adore their grandchildren, (or children), and enjoy seeing their darling little faces everyday. I have purchased many little magnetic frames, either at my local Walgreen's or the Dollar Tree, and put recent photos of the kids up on the walls in the cabin. On our last cruise on 1/31 on the Azamara Journey, I had recently found 4x6 frames with neon colored backgrounds at Walgreen's for something new. I also found some little magnetic frames with flower shapes for our granddaughter and a baseball shape for our grandson's photo. Most of these frames are 2x3 or 4x6 and a couple are 5x7.

We got many complements from our cabin steward and his assistant. And during the cabin crawl, people couldn't stop asking me where I had found them.

Have fun with all of these!

Well, I finally decided how I'm going to decorate our doors on our cruise this time. For our door, I'm going to do the fish net with a bunch of fish, a boat with a fishing line (where the kids can attach notes), and hopefully, a likeness of the ship we'll be on. For the kids' door, I'm going with a pirate theme. The cruise is still 5 months off, but I've already started shopping for everything. lol.

I always decorate our door. We are using a "Star" Theme this year in April. Since we are from Texas (Lone Star State) I want to do something on that Just can't decide yet How it will be done. I have some Texas stuff but want to use some new stuff. SO any ideas would be welcomed.empty.gif

729133oxt4vbdbqj.jpg