For those who have cruised on the Summit

pandabebe

Will be going on my first Celebrity cruise in December. Will be cruising on the Summit to Hawaii.

For those of you who cruised on the Summit before, what are the "do not miss" things? (i.e. food, shows). Any secrets about the ship that I should know about?!

Thanks!

I have been on the Summit several times and it is my second favorite ship next to the Constellation. Actually, we will be on the Summit before you on the Hawaii cruise and are really looking forward to this cruise.

Michael's Club is a must if you like the piano bar and the pianist is good. The aft bar in the afternoon and early evening is a nice place to enjoy the music and have a drink. The waffle station for breakfast and (same place) for lunch. The cofe cave if you like specialy coffee/tea. The specialty restaurant is a must a least once. Want to read and enjoy the fresh air? Then try sitting on deck 4 or 5 on one of the lounge chairs.

Enjoy your cruise. Don't forget to go to the roll call board and meet your fellow CC members.

We were on the Summit to Hawaii as well in March/April of 2005.

I highly recommend the specialty restaurant. I would go early during the course of the cruise so if you really enjoy it you can go back.

For lunch, we enjoyed the area by the Aqua Spa. They have very good healthy choices such as wonderful fish. It took us a few days to discover this.

Keith

We did this trip in January 2006. I had a convertible reserved in every port. It worked out great. Most all of the rental car agencies will van you from the ship. It was not expensive and we had to freedom to see and do what we wanted.

At least one night they will offer Rack of Lamb for dinner. This is my favorite. If you like lamb ask for two portions. In general don't hesitate to ask for more than one appetizer, soup, entree or dessert. To make your waiter's job easier, order the extra at the beginning of the meal, not after food has been served.

I ditto everything Judy said. We'll sail her again in March for the 4th time so I guess we love the ship.

We did the Summit 14 day to Hawaii last year. Everything was great. The weather was wonderful sailing back and forth and we really feel fortunate that we had no rough weather at all.

The Normandie is a not to miss. The grill was great, as was the dining room experience.

Take advantage of all the Hawaii info they can give you. Friends took the hula lessons from Paki and they were great in the show at the end of the cruise. And, do not miss passing the volcano at night! That was spectacular. That night we made dinner arrangements in the casual dining area (36 CC members) so that those of us who ate late seating wouldn't miss "the show". It worked out fine. The food there is also like the dining room so if you happen to like to eat earlier or later one night, go for it.

I must say those days at sea were the best. Relax, enjoy the trip and order whatever you like in the dining room. Our wait staff has always been most gracious in getting extra portions, or even something not on the menu, if possible.

Pat C

NORMANDIE NORMANDIE NORMANDIE NORMANDIE

Nights 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

Goat Cheese Souffle, Chateaubriand and Chocolate Souffle

Can you tell I am jealous.

Our biggest regret is not eating there more than 3 nights.

Archived