Nordam / Hard Liquor

alki_feek

Has anyone taken hard liquor on the Nordam. How did you get it on board? Does anyone check your luggage? Should it be in my checked luggage or carryon?
Is it really worth smuggling to save such a small percentage of the total cost of a cruise? :eek:

Has anyone taken hard liquor on the Nordam. How did you get it on board? Does anyone check your luggage? Should it be in my checked luggage or carryon?

Simply...no. It's not allowed. You can, however, take wine on board. That's what we do.

you can order liquore from ship services and it will be delivered to your room. prices ar about the same a ashore, just a bit more. you can have the bottle giftwraped so you feel special when you get it!

All you can take on board in your carry-on is wine and beer.

I would never try to smuggle anything in my checked luggage. I wouldn't want my clothes ruined if the bottle broke.

You can order something for your cabin through ship services (like we do) or you can wait until you are on the ship to order a bottle. There will be a 15% gratuity added to your bill.

Unbeknowst to me, my husband packed a small bottle of Jack Daniels in one of our suitcases last year. It came through undetected and unbroken. But if it had broken it would have put a real damper on the trip. I don't think the contraband liquor caused much of a dent in our bar tab so I feel no guilt about it. Next time he'll put the bottle in a plastic bag and wrap it in bubble wrap.

:) So now folks want CC'ers to 'aid and abet' in committing No-No's. ;) :D

HAL's rules are wine and champagne only are permitted to be brought aboard.

We know that when we book cruises with them.

Do we get to pick and choose which rules we wish to follow?

Does everyone get to pick one they don't wish to acknowledge and obey? Two? How many is okay? Just wondering.

KK-

If I'm not mistaken, BEER is a "no no". I think they just allow wine and bubbly. :)

They were allowing beer to be brought on board last week (Noordam). I asked the guys at the screening station. Also, the info in the cabin didn't list beer as prohibited (although my documents did).

Archived