August 10th Amsterdam Over Booked

lat1

Has anyone received a message from HAL requesting you change your departure date for a 25% refund of the cruise portion of you booking? I booked a guarantee cabin and don't know if they can just cancel me if they are over booked. We depart on August 10th and my air and hotel reservations are already paid for. Any information would be great.

Thanks,

Leslie

Based on comments I've read on similar issues on the HAL boards, I got the impression that you simply could decline the offer and HAL goes on down the list til they get enough pax to reschedule to satisfy their needs for the particular sailing. Sorry ... no firsthand experience, just what I've understood from these boards.

[SIZE=3]My advise is just to hang on and do not give in. Obviously you do not live close with flying in and hotel so unless they offer you full refund of hotel and air and at least 50% back and if you can even change your vacation date with an employer if you work. They will keep making their offer better till they get takers and will make room for you.:) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]This happened when we went on the Maasdam in July 2005, there were a few offers but we made it clear we would not change. [/SIZE]

[B]This has happened quite a few times over the last few years. Only once did I ever hear of a person who was actually bumped at the pier and that was a long time ago.

They have a list and will go down it until they have every thing straightened out. For some people it is impossible to make last minute changes.[/B]

When faced with an overbooked situation, a cruise line continues to up the ante and eventually someone takes the bait. Screen name "windycity" was booked on the Noordam, in July, for her parent's 50th anniversery cruise and the cruise was oversold. She negotiated well and they ended up in deluxe suites, I think ,on the Oosterdam, a day earlier or later.

No reason to stress about this as there are going to be passengers ready to make a deal. No one is going to force you to accept an offer. Chances are, you may not know your cabin number , perhaps as late as boarding.

Archived