Bugs in September?

GMoney

I will be sailing to Alaska for the first time in September but I have heard on some of the excursions I booked have some nasty mosquitos. I am not a fan of Deet so I use a lotion by Avon, Skin So Soft. If you know of someone selling Avon call and order some, it is cheap like $5.00 a bottle. I have used it for camping in Yosemite and it works great for the mosquitos. If not, definately, take a bug repellent.

I did the RCCL cruisetour last Aug-Sept and the only bugs we encountered were bees around the outdoor eating area at the Denali restaurant and bees at the Eldorado Gold Mine. I didn't take bug spray and if there were bugs anywhere else.....I didn't know they were there. Enjoy your trip...I can't wait to get back up there.

I would bring insect repellent as you suggest. I find that all of this varies and sometime one person is bothered by them while another is not and they are on the same cruise. So, just bring the repellent to be on the safe side.

Keith

In my experience (read: mosquitoes love me), Skin-so-soft doesn't work for northern mosquitoes. On the other hand, September has been fairly dry and you shouldn't have a problem with the state bird, unless you're in a forested area. I agree with Keith, it never hurts to bring a small bottle with you, just in case.

Shar

Archived