Pride of Aloha precruise hotel

superbonnie

We are sailing Nov10 POA and would like to stay in a hotel connected with NCL so that we can have luggage forwarded to ship and get transfers from the airport and signing in . I cannot find anything on NCL website about pre or post cruise stays. How does one book this online? Can I book with the hotel directly and still get the services? Thanks for your help.

This is all we could find-

Enjoy a seamless and exciting transition between ship and shore with special rates at first class hotels. Spend a few extra days before or after your cruise and discover the hidden historical, scenic and cultural treasures in Honolulu.

All Hotel Packages Include:

• Luxury or first-class hotel accommodations

• Hotel taxes

• Bellman gratuities at hotel

• One transfer between hotel and pier

• Transportation and sightseeing as noted

Waikīkī Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

The resort is located across from world renowned “Waikīkī Beach” and is within walking distance from the International Market Place, Waikīkī Aquarium, Honolulu Zoo, Diamond Head and other major Waikīkī attractions.

NCL Service Center

Located in the Lobby of the Waikīkī Beach Marriot Resort & Spa

• Advanced ship check-in with expedited boarding process.

• Priority pre-booking of Hawaii Shore Excursions program.

• Ability to customize your clients' Oahu experience.

Now, supposedly, you have to book this through NCL to get the advanced check in. I have read on the Hawaii boards that occaisionally you can ask the NCL service desk in the hotel if there is room to pre check you in to the cruise.

We opted for the Prince Kuhio through NCL as it was cheaper than the other pre-cruise hotels and really enjoyed our stay. We simply walked to the NCL Welcome Center at the Waikiki Beach Marriott to do the pre-registration/check-in. If you book alone, you could probably pay for transfers, but your luggage wont be moved as seamlessly. When you book your stay through NCL, they actually come into your hotel room and collect your luggage. I don't believe that have that authority if you booked on your own.

For our April 07 trip on PoAloha our TA booked everything with NCL...we stayed at the Marriott.

NCL rep met us at the airport, tranferred to the Marriott, room key was given by NCL rep but room was not ready.

Registered at the NCL office (everyone listed on your NCL ticket must be present as they take a picture) & established ship charge card account (but you get card at the dock check-in). They tell you where and when to meet for your transfer to the dock and what time your luggage will be picked up (ours was picked up at 8am).

Transfer to the ship (11amish) and boarded PoAloha within 30 minutes of drop off, going through security was longer than the check-in.

We came back from soaking in the forward hot tub:) and found our luggage in front of the cabin door (around 4pm).

did you call NCL direct or handle this through a TA? I also don't see anywhere on the NCL site to handle this.

The luggage arrived before dinner. You probably wont get it much earlier than if you took it to the pier yourself. If memory serves, we had to have the luggage ready by 10 a.m. for pickup.

We booked through our TA at the time we made our reservation. If you're using a TA, contact him/her to make the arrangements. If not, call NCL directly. Trust me, they'll be more than happy to make more money off of you.

We also booked the Marriott, our TA booked everything with NCL..there are many threads on this board that gives you all of the information.. We figured this way we don't have to deal with all of the luggage and we can get our preboarding paperwork done. No hassles.........:D

Do you have to book your air through NCL to take advantage of these precruise hotels? We will be in the day before and would be nice to take advantage of this but we always like to book our own air.

Thanks, Luanne

We booked through TA using NCL precruise and selected the Ilikai from a number of offered hotels as it was a little less expensive than top end. Baggage is supposedly picked up after 8:30a and the shuttle leaves the hotel at 12:30p for the ship. Trip is still a couple weeks away so we will see how the system works.

Do you have to book your air through NCL to take advantage of these precruise hotels? We will be in the day before and would be nice to take advantage of this but we always like to book our own air.

Thanks, Luanne

No, you can just purchase the hotel, which include the transfers for luggage and yourselves.

Are there advantages or disadvantages if you book thru NCL or book on your own?

If you book thru NCL does it include transfers both to the hotel and to the airport?

I am assuming that you would need to pay for those tranfers. In which case it is cheaper to just get a rental car and have that for travel.

DH and I are arriving in Honolulu the afternoon before our cruise and leaving the night after our cruise ends, so we need a hotel for the night before and the night after and I am trying to figure out what our best options are.

Thru NCL or on our own. With tranfers or car rental, etc. Any advice or help would be great.

Are there advantages or disadvantages if you book thru NCL or book on your own?

If you book thru NCL does it include transfers both to the hotel and to the airport?

I am assuming that you would need to pay for those tranfers. In which case it is cheaper to just get a rental car and have that for travel.

DH and I are arriving in Honolulu the afternoon before our cruise and leaving the night after our cruise ends, so we need a hotel for the night before and the night after and I am trying to figure out what our best options are.

Thru NCL or on our own. With tranfers or car rental, etc. Any advice or help would be great.

I think it would depend on when your flight arrives in HNL and your plans for the first night. We arrived around noon, transfered to the Marriott, had lunch and walked around Waikiki until our shuttle to the luau picked us up at 3ish; returned to the hotel after 10 and you do not want to drive after a luau. Around 8 am they picked up our luggage from our room and we got on the bus to the ship at about 1130.

Didn't have to worry about returning a rental car or dragging our luggage around.

We flew out the same day at the end of the cruise with a NCL transfer to the airport.

Our TA arranged everything through NCL, except the luau.

We actually bought our tickets for the cruise too late and the hotels through NCL were already booked up. We went through expedia and found a nice hotel a couple blocks from Waikiki called the Waikiki Sand Villa, just off the Ali Wai waterway. Got a deal for under a $100 per night and the rooms were worth the value, great views of the mountain valleys from our balcony and a great little bar/restaurant on the first floor. We rented a car, but that is only because we were in HNL two days before the cruise. The morning of the cruise, the concierge at the front desk called for a shuttle van and the van took us and our luggage right to the ship for $8 each. There are no car rental places open near the pier on Sundays, so renting a car would not help on the day you set sail since you would have to return the car, then find transportation to the ship with your luggage.

• 4 weeks later...
We actually bought our tickets for the cruise too late and the hotels through NCL were already booked up. We went through expedia and found a nice hotel a couple blocks from Waikiki called the Waikiki Sand Villa, just off the Ali Wai waterway. Got a deal for under a $100 per night and the rooms were worth the value, great views of the mountain valleys from our balcony and a great little bar/restaurant on the first floor. We rented a car, but that is only because we were in HNL two days before the cruise. The morning of the cruise, the concierge at the front desk called for a shuttle van and the van took us and our luggage right to the ship for $8 each. There are no car rental places open near the pier on Sundays, so renting a car would not help on the day you set sail since you would have to return the car, then find transportation to the ship with your luggage.

We are attempting to decide if we go for the standard , deluxe or premium room?

Archived