Passport Renewals

montekat

Just went to the U.S. Dept. of State to print off a renewal form. They have improved the site and now you are able to fill out the form on the computer and then print it. So much nicer than filling it in by hand and is very legible. Then just sign and date the form and mail it in. Very easy! A friend who will be cruising with us in April mailed her renewal in for her and her husband and had it back in 2 :eek: weeks! Hopefully mine will be fairly fast also.

Just went to the U.S. Dept. of State to print off a renewal form. They have improved the site and now you are able to fill out the form on the computer and then print it. So much nicer than filling it in by hand and is very legible. Then just sign and date the form and mail it in. Very easy! A friend who will be cruising with us in April mailed her renewal in for her and her husband and had it back in 2 :eek: weeks! Hopefully mine will be fairly fast also.

Given the current backlog 2 weeks sounds great. Do you know if your friend paid the additional fees to have their passport renewal expedited?

Keith

Given the current backlog 2 weeks sounds great. Do you know if your friend paid the additional fees to have their passport renewal expedited?

Keith

No, she didn't do the expedite and I was very surprised. The passports were also expired, but less than 15 years.

Just as an FYI for anyone interested in different perspectives on processing times, I got an email yesterday informing me that my passport is ready, which makes 8 weeks exactly.

I submitted my application at a post office in Brooklyn, NY. The app was for a new passport, but I had been issued one previously -- I have no idea if that makes any difference in processing time.

By the way the email said.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/29/2007.

Uhhhh... no I didn't. But I'll take it -- thanks!

We sent ours in April 10th and 11th. Mine came back last week and my DH is still waiting on his. Sure hope it comes soon, since we leave Aug. 25th!

He had a lost passport - so wonder if thats what the hold up could be.

Judy

I actually mailed my renewal in July 9, and received my new one on the 19th. It was not expedited either. Hopefully, things are starting to turn around for them (or I am just living right;) )

We mailed our renewals on July 12. I mailed them at the same time but in separate envelopes. We paid the extra for expedited. DH received his on Friday, July 27 from the New Orleans office. Mine came today Monday, July 30 and it was from the Portsmouth NH office. Both my old and new passports came in the one envelope. DH got his old passport today and it came from New Orleans. Weird huh? We are happy to have them which ever office they came from!

I submitted my application at a post office in Brooklyn, NY. The app was for a new passport, but I had been issued one previously -- I have no idea if that makes any difference in processing time.

My minor daughter and I applied for passports the same day, same post office. She's never had one; I had one years ago, but had to apply for a new one. They took her b.c., but not mine. We got our passports 9 weeks later, on the same day. Maybe they held mine until hers was ready, who knows.

I take it you didn't pay for expedited service? I wonder if waits are longer at some of the regional processing centers than others.

It seems that the passport backlog is easing somewhat ...

In the Dallas/Fort Area ...

I applied for my passport (expedited and with overnight delivery) two weeks and one day ago. Today, the status website says my passport has been mailed back to me and should arrive in two days. That will be less than three weeks total.

Archived