RIP Lucky Grills

suey

Sad to hear that Leo - Lucky Grills a seasoned P&O guest performer passed away in his sleep. I am sure that many cruisers would have cruised with Leo as their guest artist and even though his jokes had whiskers on them - still a funny comedian without having to use smut and bad language all the time. On our second last cruise he spent a lot of time time sitting and talking to Mum, Frog, Chaz and myself. A nice man but in ill-health then. I am glad he passed so peacefully after performing two shows earlier in the night - I am sure thats the way he would have wanted it. RIP Leo!!

I never saw Lucky Grills on a ship, but saw him a couple of times when he was the MC/Comedian at work functions, retirement dinners etc. He was a legend in his own lunchtime, RIP Lucky.

Sad to hear that Leo - Lucky Grills a seasoned P&O guest performer passed away in his sleep. I am sure that many cruisers would have cruised with Leo as their guest artist and even though his jokes had whiskers on them - still a funny comedian without having to use smut and bad language all the time. On our second last cruise he spent a lot of time time sitting and talking to Mum, Frog, Chaz and myself. A nice man but in ill-health then. I am glad he passed so peacefully after performing two shows earlier in the night - I am sure thats the way he would have wanted it. RIP Leo!!

The one thing that he did say to mum,myself and Suey was he did not mind dieing as long as he was not there.

Well in a strange way he was not there he was some-where in his dreams.

A sad loss for Australian comedy....my OH and many of our friends have had the pleasure of working with him ... he was a lovely lovely man......Our thoughts are with his loved ones......... Hey Lorraine do you mean Jan Adele ?????? she was a big fav of mine.....cheers shiona

A sad loss for Australian comedy....my OH and many of our friends have had the pleasure of working with him ... he was a lovely lovely man......Our thoughts are with his loved ones......... Hey Lorraine do you mean Jan Adele ?????? she was a big fav of mine.....cheers shiona

Hi Shiona, yes I do mean Jan Adele...a short term memory loss is to blame.. I thought I wrote correct. lol..sorry. and she was great, worked so well with Lucky.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Sorry Mum but that was daughter #2 on that cruise with you!! Not me, I missed it....

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Actually Lucky Grills son..Junior Grills is a Police Officer in the Highway Patrol, based in Sydney, recovering from a m/cycle accident. He is a wit to. He might be a comedian on the cruise ships 1 day like his Dad, who knows.?

Cheers.;)

Back in the 80's on the Fairstar we were entertained by Jan Adele and Ricky May, he a passed away a few years ago too, they were great entertainers.

Chez

xx

Chez i am green with envy...if only we could step back in time for but a moment so i could see these two perform again.....Ricky May what a talent I have all his CD's still play them regularly..... cheers shiona

OH not happy this morning with news through that English comedian Mike Reid probably better known here as Frank Butcher in Eastenders has also died.......OH worked with him in nightclubs throughout England in the mid 1970's... must be one heck of a show going on upstairs......

Lucky Grills was the comedian on our cruise last Christmas on the Pac Star and some of his jokes were a bit ancient but boy oh boy, was he popular! His shows were always packed and people seemed to love him. He seemed to be a very nice, down to earth man who spent time mixing with the passengers, nothing snobby about him unlike some performers. I am very sad to hear that he has passed on. Pink Poodle.

A true Australian legend, such a shame to see him go.

We were lucky enough to have him on our 'long' cruise on Pacific Star, so we got to see him on stage several times, and we saw him most days in the Buffet. Although we personally didn't speak to him, he always seemed happy to chat to people who approached him, unlike most of the guest performers who you saw on stage but didn't see for the rest of the cruise.

RIP Lucky.

Archived